Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 12:48 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
AGW isn't alarmism, even if the alarmism exists because of AGW.
You are impervious to communication.
You define AGW without the alarmism, which is asinine.
I'm "impervious to communication"? Translation: I don't drop my opinions in favor of yours so communication is hindered. Typical liberal mindset.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Trickle down/Supply side economics, or the tax cut type Reagan started.
Remember Reagan's Deficits and debt growth?

You told me to "Elucidate your drivel", maybe you should learn what a deficit is.

Remember when GW Bush turned Clinton's balanced budget into deficits and huge debt growth (with supply side cuts.)
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

The middle class got 9% of Bush's tax cuts.
And the richest 20% of Americans got 70% of the Bush tax cuts.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis

^^^^ That's supply side tax cuts, or tax cuts for the rich. And those tax cuts are responsible for 50% of our deficits and national debt growth.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PYVKD31RPF...5-05bud-f1.jpg

Remember going to vote for this?
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Republicans practice supply side economics, thats all they do. Thank God Obama is there to veto the republicans when they bring out a multi-trillion dollar tax cut for the rich.
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor
That's all a fallacy. People got their taxes cut in accordance to what they make. Liberals are all about fairness so what's unfair about that. Besides this thread is about how AGW proponents got thrashed in the election. Start your own thread about your fallacy.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:54 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:

Show him this. I did. I learned a lot about how he feels about liberals and nothing else. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That's all a fallacy. People got their taxes cut in accordance to what they make. Liberals are all about fairness so what's unfair about that. Besides this thread is about how AGW proponents got thrashed in the election. Start your own thread about your fallacy.
If this thread is about AGW, then why did you ask me "what tax cuts for the rich?"

Should I leave your question unanswered?

And in response to the rest of your post. Republicans don't give the middle class anything, and they make a bit of money so they deserve a cut. But this is supply side here and that's only cuts for the rich.

GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Old 11-07-2014, 01:15 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
There's no doubt the majority of the American public doesn't care about climate change. Doesn't make them right, though. The only referendum on climate change I care about is among scientists, and climate change wins out big time among scientists.
You might have a point if there was any climate change going on for the past 18 years. It's a silly argument to claim the planet is undergoing catastrophic anthropogenic global warming, when for almost two decades there has been no warming at all, much less the alarmist level the warmists claim.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:31 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times
Quote:
No, AGW is not alarmism, but CAGW is, and it's policiticans promoting CAGW who want to push punitive legislation and regulations, and control industry, and control just about every facet of people's lives thru a big bloated, all powerful, centralized government.

Politicians standing on the floor of the US senate, claiming CAGW is a threat that will destroy the planet, so we need to pass draconian laws and regs - that is alarmism, that is what we are fighting against.

If all we were doing was planning on phasing out coal-fired power plants, and allow time for the electrical generation industry to build replacement power plants as the retire those dirty coal plants, there wouldn't be a push against it. But we aren't doing that, we are forcing coal mines and coal plants to close, or making new regulations to bankrupt them, without bothering to even try to build replacements.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4

Old 11-07-2014, 01:41 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
No, AGW is not alarmism, but CAGW is, and it's policiticans promoting CAGW who want to push punitive legislation and regulations, and control industry, and control just about every facet of people's lives thru a big bloated, all powerful, centralized government.

Politicians standing on the floor of the US senate, claiming CAGW is a threat that will destroy the planet, so we need to pass draconian laws and regs - that is alarmism, that is what we are fighting against.

If all we were doing was planning on phasing out coal-fired power plants, and allow time for the electrical generation industry to build replacement power plants as the retire those dirty coal plants, there wouldn't be a push against it. But we aren't doing that, we are forcing coal mines and coal plants to close, or making new regulations to bankrupt them, without bothering to even try to build replacements.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4
I think people are largely fed up with it, as the OP says. This alarmism has been going on for years and it just starts to ring shrill and hollow after a while. Except for the time, money and effort spent on it.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
You might have a point if there was any climate change going on for the past 18 years. It's a silly argument to claim the planet is undergoing catastrophic anthropogenic global warming, when for almost two decades there has been no warming at all, much less the alarmist level the warmists claim.
Show me the data indicating 0.000 degrees increase in temperature over the past 18 years. Don't show me right-wing blogs that make the same claim you are making.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Show me the data indicating 0.000 degrees increase in temperature over the past 18 years. Don't show me right-wing blogs that make the same claim you are making.
It has been posted before. Temps go up and then down showing a baseline of 0.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Yeah, but those come from tabloids and denialist blogs. I said data, not right-wing claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies