Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 01:14 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Since when do police let you "stay" with them? Police are not required to post up outside a private citizens house. They are not required to let you "stay" with them. They are not required to protect any private citizen, as ruled by the SCOTUS......

The question is NOT how believable you find the story, the question here is, does 594 impair or infringe on a citizens right to own a gun for self-defense..... So, is my hypothetical story possible? Absolutely. Therefore, it DOES impair a citizens right to own a gun for self defense, and should be ruled unconstitutional.
I doubt the police would let someone be unprotected if there is a man out there wanting to kill this person. Real life isn't a Lifetime movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 05:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Since the beginning of time the ruling thugs have worked to disarm the poor that might organize and threaten the folks dominating them. This was mostly done by the sheer cost of effective weaponry (when you cannot afford a clay bowl you cannot afford an knife or ax). With mass production of guns and other weaponry even the poor or working folks can afford to be armed. This worries the real elite.

Weapons control is a class action that is a political problem as the elites are trying to disarm everyone but themselves and their hired protectors.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:01 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Just finished reading an excellent book that all people who want more gun laws should read.

Gun Control in the Third Reich: Disarming the Jews and "Enemies of the State" By Stephen P. Halbrook

All these gun laws that are put on the average citizen can and usually will be used against you. Remember, criminals are not law abiding citizens!!

Old 11-16-2014, 09:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Just finished reading an excellent book that all people who want more gun laws should read.

Gun Control in the Third Reich: Disarming the Jews and "Enemies of the State" By Stephen P. Halbrook

All these gun laws that are put on the average citizen can and usually will be used against you. Remember, criminals are not law abiding citizens!!
Sounds like the gun industry is working on another gun rush to increase profits.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:49 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like the gun industry is working on another gun rush to increase profits.
This country really is doomed, the people are so brainwashed they are stuck on stupid. So sad!

Old 11-16-2014, 11:08 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've always known that there is a liberal/leftist wing in Washington that I disagree with and 594 is evidence that they are gaining strength. After 20 years in Washington state, I'm thinking of leaving for Arizona....in fact, I'm pretty well decided on it.

I work for an international engineering consulting company and can live anywhere I want so no loss of income for me to move and cheaper to live in Zona as well.
I will return to Zona as well as my Job changes again. But Gun control is to control the citizen. It has nothing to do with gun safety or even crime. Criminal want gun control so their intended victim do not fight back.

On the job hazard I suppose. Oh well!

Old 11-16-2014, 12:42 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Since the beginning of time the ruling thugs have worked to disarm the poor that might organize and threaten the folks dominating them. This was mostly done by the sheer cost of effective weaponry (when you cannot afford a clay bowl you cannot afford an knife or ax). With mass production of guns and other weaponry even the poor or working folks can afford to be armed. This worries the real elite.

Weapons control is a class action that is a political problem as the elites are trying to disarm everyone but themselves and their hired protectors.
Excellent historical insight. GregW, reading your past posts it would seem that you lean left-collectivist. How is the above congruent with your support for left-collectivist politics? Consider that every time left-collectivism has gained power, they ban guns. When Castro took over in Cuba, one of the first things he did was banning of guns.

In the US, the left-leaning Democratic party has always been the party of gun bans. The NRA rates politicians solely on the basis of gun rights. Here is their 2014 list of politicos across the nation, sorted by state. While there are D's with high ratings, and R's with low ratings, the overwhelming trend is the other way around.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
It occurs to me that 2016 could turn out to be a key year for gun control in states with the initiative process, where any citizen can propose legislation, collect signatures in support, and get the proposal on the ballot.

Bloomberg now has this proven model that he can apply in any state with initiatives. In 2016 it is likely that either Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren will be the Dem candidate for prez. There will be a furious push to turn out the low info female vote. And this is probably the most knee-jerk anti-gun demographic of them all (perhaps aside from white male lib elitists).

Bloomberg is smart enough to see this. The NRA and other gun rights groups should start building a political war chest NOW. I'm an NRA life patron member, but haven't sent a check to NRA's Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) for a while. I think I will be writing them some checks from now until Nov 2016.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:46 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
I doubt the police would let someone be unprotected if there is a man out there wanting to kill this person. Real life isn't a Lifetime movie.

Mebbie not if the guy is standing right outside the house.
Do you think the police will provide the possible victim
with a security detail? No, they'll be back to write a report.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:51 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:

Go out and get one before you can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies