Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 11:21 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
As night follows day, the winters will be colder as the summers grow hotter. Eventually, the heat will win out, and the arctic zones could become as warm as they once were when they were covered with dinosaurs. After it becomes that warm, most of the temperate zones on the planet that best support human life will be too hot to favor our existence.

Then, eventually, the planet will have another massive climate crash, followed by hundreds of thousands of years of ice and perpetual cold.

Earth's natural cycle. Whether we can modify it or not can be debated forever, but the tipping point is coming up on us fast. A baby born today will only be 40 when humanity will know whether the efforts taken or not taken are making enough difference to keep the balance in it's current delicate state or whether it is beyond our abilities.

Few of us will be around, but our grandchildren and great-grandchildren will. We will either be blessed or cursed by them. Choose which you prefer to be remembered by.

I have presented your bolded argument several times, with no reply. Apparently to a RWNJ, parroting the hoax thing to your politico buddies for giggles and political points is more important than looking our for your own children and their children. Yet another example of a bankrupt ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 11:24 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
I can't believe how ridiculous these posts are getting. Can the OP read? Obviously nothing the OP has said even remotely aligns with the scientific theories around climate change.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:03 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
For the most part you are wasting your time. The vast majority of posters in the PoC subforum are geriatric retirees and/or uneducated Bible thumping hicks. In general it's like trying to have a discussion with a trained orangutan.
That's racist.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:10 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
For the most part you are wasting your time. The vast majority of posters in the PoC subforum are geriatric retirees and/or uneducated Bible thumping hicks. In general it's like trying to have a discussion with a trained orangutan.

Wow, "War on the Elderly, Christians, and rural citizens" all in one Dr. Doolittle!

Old 11-17-2014, 12:13 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Default Since its so cold, should we INCREASE CO2 emissions?

Whenever it gets cold around here, the thermostat in my house automatically causes an increase of CO2 emissions to go into the atmosphere, for increasing warmth.

I put a slogan under my thermostat that reads: FIGHT THE COLD!

Old 11-17-2014, 06:35 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Exactly-

Thus the whole global warming hoax, which has examined questionable data over a very short time span (essentially an anecdote) while ignoring the only long term climate data we have- the fossil record.

So I must ask, as we have not had any "warming" over the last 20 years-

How many more years of "no warming" would you need to abandon your belief in the global warming hoax? 10? 20? 50? 100? 1,000? 10,000?
I thought we had moved beyond the "world is not warming" debate

Probably a waste of time but link is to the NOAA Statistics. Temperature is increasing over the last 20 years when you look at the changes going back to 1900 it is very dramatic.

Do you have a link to your opinion relative to the last 20 years?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:19 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Right...

CO2 is a greenhouse gas. It by nature traps heat. This is hardly controversial, so to act like it was 'made up' that CO2 warms the planet is just plain wrong.

But what is 'stifling industrialization?' Are oils and fossil fuels REQUIRED for industrialization? Without them, do we go back to the stone age? Last I checked, that's how corporations think, but not people with an above 3rd grade literacy rate. As it turns out, trying to funnel in new, alternative fuels sources is actually more 'free market' than the current, heavily subsidized big oil industry we are currently living in.

And is the planet actually colder? Last I checked, it's not. And just so you know, having to put a jacket on does not mean the entire planet is freezing over. You live in a local area, in case you didn't know this. Where you live is NOT THE ENTIRE WORLD. Climate and weather are not the same, and I am truly sorry that the public school system has failed you so but neglecting to make that clear.

You only have to go back 250 years to a world that really didn't use any fossil fuels. It either used fully green renewable power sources like the wind or water (wind or water mills) or biologically derived fuels like wood, peat or plant or animal sourced oils. In Britain the deforestation and growing scarcity of wood lead to attempts to use and mine coal like mine copper, tin or lead. Solving problems like mine flooding lead to steam engines to drive pumps and we all know what this triggered!

Old 11-17-2014, 08:39 AM

248 posts, read 259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
CO2 would do nothing since it is not a green house gas.
Greenhouse gas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-17-2014, 11:48 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smisk View Post
As a significant portion of the San Francisco population might say, FRACK MY ASS!

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-17-2014 at 12:08 PM..

Old 11-17-2014, 11:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
As a significant portion of the San Francisco population might say, FRACK MY ASS!
LOL.....that IS funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies