Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:31 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times

Advertisements

Well, I just finished watching the former veep and his little buddie lenny decaprio, and I was so moved that I couldnt wait for his acceptance speech to start this thread. We learned now that the oscars have now gone GREEN, so I assume that this means all those beautiful people got there by bicycle or electric car? I wonder, how did Algore get there? he wouldnt possibly have flown on a private plane? We also learned that it evidently is now called a CLIMATE CRISIS, I remember when these same self appointed stewards of the earth were saying that we only had 10 years left on the planet that was about 20 years ago! Is it just me or does anyone else wonder how these people can keep a straight face? Well, gotta go shovel that 2 feet of global warming out of my driveway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 09:21 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,330 times
I'm so happy he won!!!! That's about the only reason I've stayed up this late.

An Excerpt from: http://news.com.com/Global+warming+to+bring+heavier+rains,+snow/2100-11395_3-5895784.html (broken link)

In the forecast, more rain and snow.

Rising temperatures in the world's atmosphere and oceans will lead to more intense storms as the century progresses, according to a new report from the National Center for Atmospheric Research.

Evaporation increases when the surface temperature of the ocean rises and warmer air can hold more moisture. When this soggier-than-normal air moves over land, it results in storms wetter and more intense than those experienced in the past.

The greatest changes will occur over land in the tropics, according to the study, which was released Thursday. Heavier rain or snow, however, will also fall in northwestern and northeastern North America, northern Europe, northern and eastern Asia, southwestern Australia, and parts of South America during the current century.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:24 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
...I assume that this means all those beautiful people got there by bicycle or electric car?
Mr. Gore does, in fact, drive a hybrid. If you bothered to really know anything about him, you'd see that the real point of his campaign is to educate people to reduce their carbon footprint. Regardless of whether global climate change is real or not, it's hard to argue with that viewpoint.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
I'm so happy he won!!!! That's about the only reason I've stayed up this late.

An Excerpt from: http://news.com.com/Global+warming+to+bring+heavier+rains,+snow/2100-11395_3-5895784.html (broken link)

In the forecast, more rain and snow.

Rising temperatures in the world's atmosphere and oceans will lead to more intense storms as the century progresses, according to a new report from the National Center for Atmospheric Research.

Evaporation increases when the surface temperature of the ocean rises and warmer air can hold more moisture. When this soggier-than-normal air moves over land, it results in storms wetter and more intense than those experienced in the past.

The greatest changes will occur over land in the tropics, according to the study, which was released Thursday. Heavier rain or snow, however, will also fall in northwestern and northeastern North America, northern Europe, northern and eastern Asia, southwestern Australia, and parts of South America during the current century.
kind of reminds of those physics on tv, or reading the horoscopes.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Mr. Gore does, in fact, drive a hybrid. If you bothered to really know anything about him, you'd see that the real point of his campaign is to educate people to reduce their carbon footprint. Regardless of whether global climate change is real or not, it's hard to argue with that viewpoint.
how does that big stud fit in a hybrid, do you have any pictures? does his head poke out of the roof ?

Old 02-25-2007, 09:36 PM

431 posts, read 393,615 times
Quote:

Did Mr. Gore drive that hybrid from the east coast out to Hollywood for the Oscars?? Did he help "reduce his carbon footprint" and drive his hybrid?

Old 02-25-2007, 09:38 PM

431 posts, read 393,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
how does that big stud fit in a hybrid, do you have any pictures? does his head poke out of the roof ?
LOL!!

Old 02-25-2007, 09:43 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,432 times
Even if you clean up all of America like Gore wants, what will you have accomplished. The total amount of our "footprint" compares little to China, India, you get my point. What or who will make china cleanup its act? Yes we should do all we can. Thats nice but of little help overall. But it sounds good for all you that think this is man made. When one small earthquake can cause the earth to wobble and theres nothing humans can do close to that; explain again how we affect this world.LOL

Old 02-25-2007, 09:53 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,239 times
Quote:
Speaking of carbon footprint... Does anyone actually know how much of a carbon footprint Intel/AMD CPUs have? Not too good. That is pretty pathetic.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:54 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,588,779 times
Talking at least he tries-

Quote:
Thanks PSl- for the voice of reason. When I read the countering arguments; I realize- more spin and bs.

Thanks for the Plame posts as well. Wonder what Cheney's carbon prints are- my God- with all those stents and radioactive heart monitors!

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies