Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Obama is about to take illegal Executive action to grant amnesty to illegals. He does not have the Constitutional authority to do this. No President can make his own law! The lawmaking body is the U.S. Congress. Period!

Democrats (and even some conservatives) have said, "Well, Reagan did it!" Reagan did not! Ronald Reagan was sent a piece of Legislation that was passed by both houses of Congress. He signed it. He was also promised "immigration reform" (never happened) and better border security (also never happened). But he did not act on his own as Obama is about to do.

This is illegal. Obama should be arrested tried, and convicted of treason, and impeached and removed from office if he goes ahead with this.

And the Democrats are fully behind him. Is it any wonder they lost the election?

Old 11-19-2014, 02:51 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama is about to take illegal Executive action to grant amnesty to illegals. He does not have the Constitutional authority to do this. No President can make his own law! The lawmaking body is the U.S. Congress. Period!

Democrats (and even some conservatives) have said, "Well, Reagan did it!" Reagan did not! Ronald Reagan was sent a piece of Legislation that was passed by both houses of Congress. He signed it. He was also promised "immigration reform" (never happened) and better border security (also never happened). But he did not act on his own as Obama is about to do.

This is illegal. Obama should be arrested tried, and convicted of treason, and impeached and removed from office if he goes ahead with this.

And the Democrats are fully behind him. Is it any wonder they lost the election?
Precisely, but that's a Constitutional point and the Constitution is lost on far too many.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:55 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
You dont even know exactly what he is going to do, and are already calling for him to be convicted of treason? Really? Lets see what he actually does first shall we?

Old 11-19-2014, 02:56 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Apples and Oranges

Obama is NOT giving amnesty to illegals:

(from a CNN article)

While exact details of his announcement aren't yet public, the basic outline of the plan, as relayed by people familiar with its planning, includes deferring deportation for the parents of U.S. citizens, a move that would affect up to 3.5 million people.

"Everybody agrees that our immigration system is broken. Unfortunately, Washington has allowed the problem to fester for far too long," Obama said in a video posted on his Facebook page Wednesday. "And so what I'm going to be laying out is the things that I can do with my lawful authority as President to make the system work better, even as I continue to work with Congress to encourage them to get a bipartisan, comprehensive bill that can solve the entire problem."

Old 11-19-2014, 02:57 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
He didn't use EO but he also expressed sentiments that would not fly with today's party.

Quote:
"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here,
even though sometime back they may have entered illegally."
[Ronald Reagan]

Old 11-19-2014, 03:00 PM

26,506 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Some Obama Apologists are claiming that Reagan used an Executive Order in 1981, which thus justifies Obama. However, Reagan was able to cite specifically a law that allowed the president to do his exact order. My guess is, Obama will not be able to do this - as we most likely would have heard this by now if it was the case with Obama.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:03 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Apples and Oranges

Obama is NOT giving amnesty to illegals:

(from a CNN article)

While exact details of his announcement aren't yet public, the basic outline of the plan, as relayed by people familiar with its planning, includes deferring deportation for the parents of U.S. citizens, a move that would affect up to 3.5 million people.

"Everybody agrees that our immigration system is broken. Unfortunately, Washington has allowed the problem to fester for far too long," Obama said in a video posted on his Facebook page Wednesday. "And so what I'm going to be laying out is the things that I can do with my lawful authority as President to make the system work better, even as I continue to work with Congress to encourage them to get a bipartisan, comprehensive bill that can solve the entire problem."

The problem I see is improper enforcement of the violation of our sovereign borders.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:04 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Some Obama Apologists are claiming that Reagan used an Executive Order in 1981, which thus justifies Obama. However, Reagan was able to cite specifically a law that allowed the president to do his exact order. My guess is, Obama will not be able to do this - as we most likely would have heard this by now if it was the case with Obama.
The Republicans should have pushed their lawsuit to determine the limits of executive orders.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:06 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:

He isn't going to deport them. He is going to give them legal status because he isn't going to enforce the law. That is the power of the executive branch. Now, the next President can reverse it, but there'd be hell to pay in the next midterm with the Hispanic vote.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:07 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Regardless of how he did it,he was the dbag that got the ball rolling.

[MOD CUT/flaming]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-19-2014 at 05:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies