Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:31 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times

Advertisements

8 children were found stabbed to death in an Australian home, and 1 woman was found stab, but survived her wounds.

Australia has always had a high rate of murders which involved stabbings. Even before they enacted stricter gun control, they only had on average approx 5 or so gun related homicides per year; however, they had and still continue to have hundreds of knife related deaths per year. Matter of fact, they sometimes went an entire year without ANY gun related deaths, so logically of course, they choose to focus on saving lives by strengthening their gun control laws.

If these children were murdered with a gun, then everyone would blame guns. If not for access to guns, the crime would have never happened. We need more gun control! It's the responsible common sense thing to do to save our children!

The question I have for the gun control supporters on this forum is:
  1. Why is that when murder of children and innocent people occurs with any weapon other than a gun, you never blame the weapon?
  2. You get mad at and blame the user of the weapon, but when psychopath chooses to use a gun, his/her access to said gun is to blame in your mind. Why is this?
  3. After hearing/reading about the stabbing of 8 children in AU, do you want more knife control?
  4. If 8 children were killed in the U.S. tomorrow under the same exact circumstances except that the murder weapon is a gun, would that make you want more gun control?
Quote:
SYDNEY (AP) — Eight dead children and a woman suffering from stab wounds were found inside a home in a northern Australian city on Friday, police said.

Queensland state police said they were called to the home in the Cairns suburb of Manoora on Friday morning after receiving a report of a woman with serious injuries.

When police got to the house, they found the bodies of the children inside. The victims range in age from 18 months to 15 years.

A 34-year-old woman found inside the home was suffering from stab wounds to the chest, a Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 12-18-2014 at 11:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 11:43 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
8 children were found stabbed to death in an Australian home, and 1 woman was found stab, but survived her wounds.

Australia has always had a high rate of murders which involved stabbings. Even before they enacted stricter gun control, they only had on average approx 5 or so gun related homicides per year; however, they had and still continue to have hundreds of knife related deaths per year. Matter of fact, they sometimes went an entire year without ANY gun related deaths, so logically of course, they choose to focus on saving lives by strengthening their gun control laws.

These children were murdered with a gun, then everyone would blame guns. If not for access to guns, the crime would have never happened. We need more gun control. It's the responsible common sense thing to do to save our children.

The question I have for the control supporters on this thread, why is that when mass murder of children and innocent people occurs with any weapon other than a gun, you never blame the weapon? You get mad at and blame the user of the weapon, but when psychopath chooses to use a gun, his/her access to said gun is to blame in your mind. Why is this? Do
People do blame knives. People in England want to ban pointed kitchen knives (because they are easy to stab people with.)
British Reformers Propose Ban On Pointy Kitchen Knives | JONATHAN TURLEY

Old 12-19-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
People do blame knives. People in England want to ban pointed kitchen knives (because they are easy to stab people with.)
British Reformers Propose Ban On Pointy Kitchen Knives | JONATHAN TURLEY
On the same scale with the same number of international and public scrutiny as that guns face? Link me to a news article where the main story is about someone being stabbed to death where in that same article, they talk about knife control. Link me to a YouTube or local or major news story about a killing where during that same broadcast, they talk about knife control.

Yes, I know. AU, UK, and NYC also has gone as far as banning simple pocket folding knives, but it's extremely disproportionate compared to the gun control idiocracy and hypocrisy.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:23 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
On the same scale with the same number of international and public scrutiny as that guns face? Link me to a news article where the main story is about someone being stabbed to death where in that same article, they talk about knife control. Link me to a YouTube or local or major news story about a killing where during that same broadcast, they talk about knife control.

Yes, I know. AU, UK, and NYC also has gone as far as banning simple pocket folding knives, but it's extremely disproportionate compared to the gun control idiocracy and hypocrisy.
I'm not sure what you mean. In the OP you seem to attribute the low incidence rate of gun related deaths in Australia to gun control, but then go on to sarcastically attack gun control, while adding a hypothetical to knife related deaths. Here, you're attacking media coverage. You are obviously against gun control, but how are knife deaths in gun controlled countries relevant to gun control in the US?

Old 12-19-2014, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. In the OP you seem to attribute the low incidence rate of gun related deaths in Australia to gun control, but then go on to sarcastically attack gun control, while adding a hypothetical to knife related deaths.
Reading comprehension... I never attributed "the low incidence rate of gun related deaths in Australia to gun control." I CLEARLY stated that "Even before they enacted stricter gun control, they only had on average approx 5 or so gun related homicides per year", and that they "sometimes went an entire year without ANY gun related deaths." All of this way before they enacted gun control during the same exact time that 100s of Australians were being murdered each year via knifes and other objects . They've always have had several times more stabbing deaths vs guns deaths even BEFORE they enacted their new gun control laws in the 90s. Even in years that they had 0 gun related homicides, they had dozens of stabbing deaths BEFORE they had gun control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You are obviously against gun control, but how are knife deaths in gun controlled countries relevant to gun control in the US?
Again, reading comprehension... The relevance is obvious and can also be gathered from the topic of the thread. The point of this thread is the hypocrisy and double standard within the antigun crowd that exist when it comes to guns vs any other object that is used to commit homicide. I can go into how "how are knife deaths in gun controlled countries relevant to gun control in the US", but that's irrelevant to the point of this thread. In AU or the US, if a knife or any other weapon is used in a crime, that weapon/tool isn't demonized. I brought up AU because they have strict gun control, yet these thing still happen. I also brought up AU because gun control advocates in the US like to use AU as an example of what the US could be if guns were removed.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:35 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Australia has always had a high rate of murders which involved stabbings.
It's in their DNA.

They were once a penal colony, you know?

Genetically...

Mircea

Old 12-19-2014, 09:38 AM

3,508 posts, read 767,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's in their DNA.

Genetically...

Mircea
if that`s a joke it`s a good one if not it`s still a good one

Old 12-19-2014, 10:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
if that`s a joke it`s a good one if not it`s still a good one

Well, it is true they were once a penal colony, for Britain.
The isolated island, mostly desert, far away from being able to overthrow Britain.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:06 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's in their DNA.

Genetically...

Mircea
Haaar! Genetics and DNA linked to being incarcerated.....BOY that explains a lot!

United States incarceration rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Prisoners in 2013

http://www.nccdglobal.org/sites/defa...arceration.pdf

The U.S. has less than 5% of the worlds population but over 23% of the worlds people in jail.

Suddenly everything becomes crystal clear.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
There is an old observation: In a gunfight you may get shot. In a knife fight you will get cut.

Controlling guns gives a government a way to feel good about fighting violence. Gun control does very little to lessen violence but does a lot to increase tyranny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies