Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:38 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Does anyone know of any Militias that are forming to take America back? I would be interested in finding them.
you just got put on the NSA list of troublemakers they will seek out first when things collapse. they won't go after illegals -they'll go after citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 07:01 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I vehemently disagree with Obama's use of the EO but I do think you're exaggerating. The likely path is that states will sue (believe Texas has already stated it will), the EO will be considered in court, and they will slap it down for executive overreach. It's not the end of our government - just evidence of Obama's continued unwillingness to work with Republicans.
Obama is Saul Alinsky reincarnated. Obama will demonize the opposition to gain power. He will never work with the Republicans.. that is quite evident since he has been in office. Obama does not work with anyone. He wields the power period.

Take a look at Saul Alinsky's tactics.. it is looking at Obama daily.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:08 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
guess the AP did some fact checking on obamas speech and found many omissions and inaccuracies. more misleading talk from our liar-in-chief.

Last edited by illtaketwoplease; 11-22-2014 at 07:23 AM..

Old 11-22-2014, 07:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Honestly.... When did the right become a bunch a babies.... Genghis Khan? Do you even hear yourself?

Republicans need to find their backbone. How about you blame your legislators for dragging their feet? Obviously yall have strong opinions on healthcare and immigration, so why did you let your legilators dupe you when they offer no viable plan?
Obama does not work with anyone.. his way or the highway is his style . Obama doesn't know the meaning of illegal.. he ignors that word when it fits any means to an end.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:24 AM

518 posts, read 469,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
you just got put on the NSA list of troublemakers they will seek out first when things collapse. they won't go after illegals -they'll go after citizens.
I like being on list.

I just think it would be interesting to see any such web-sites to see the reaction.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:25 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
The death of the Republic started long ago. 1913 was a bellwether year as was 1861.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:50 AM

518 posts, read 469,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The death of the Republic started long ago. 1913 was a bellwether year as was 1861.
would we not all be better off if each state were sovereign within itself and the Federal government only regulated trade between them and provided for defense? Then one state would have no reason to concern itself with the choices of another. We could be a free and independent people again. I believe that is what the founding fathers envisioned and it should be what we fight for today.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:02 AM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I was watching a video earlier where Bill O'Reilly interviews Charles Krauthammer on the immigration executive order. I thought his argument was incredibly compelling, and reminded me of where I had to stop listening to Obama's speech(when he decided to quote scripture).

Krauthammer: Why Didn't Obama Do This Before The Election? | Video | RealClearPolitics

He says... "If Obama feels so strongly about this, and scripture dictates that this ought to be be done, why did he do nothing about this in 2009 and 2010 when he had control of the White House, the House, and the Senate, and he could actually have done this constitutionally by passing legislation?"

I was watching another video by a senator who said something that I thought was very thought-provoking. He said "Do we believe in open borders? Or do we believe that we are a sovereign state that should create rules about who can enter this country?"

The problem with our immigration system, is that it creates a sort of "de-facto" system of open borders. Now, I am not arguing that that is a bad thing. But that isn't what the American people actually want. And it isn't what the American people have ever wanted.

Now, the weird thing about this whole situation is how the different sides of this issue have come together. For instance, the immigrants that liberals want so badly to come to America, are not liberals. They are social conservatives. In fact, most of the immigrants don't like liberals at all. Those Muslims that liberals defend and want to have imported to America(like they are in Europe), despise liberals with a passion. There is nothing a fundamentalist Muslim hates more in this world than a liberal.

For that matter, liberals and most of the democratic party don't really like immigrants either. And unions have spent most of the last century fighting all immigration. Blacks are the biggest economic losers when it comes to immigration. And I always find it ironic when I hear Obama say things like "We need to keep these educated immigrants here in America, otherwise they'll go back to their countries. Those other countries are ones in which America is in competition".

That kind of statement is not only disingenuous, but it is a contradiction of the egalitarianism that the rest of his argument rests.

The truth is, the immigration issue isn't a real issue, it isn't a genuine issue. It is nothing more than a political game. Neither party wants open borders. The Democrats just want Hispanic votes because they can't win without them. The last time the Democratic party won the white vote in a presidential election was in 1964. And that was LBJ, who was such a disgraceful president that he didn't even bother running in 1968.

Even in Obama's practical landslide victory in 2008, he won only 43% of the white vote. By 2012 he was down to just 39%. If an election was held today, he would probably be closer to 30%.

With the Democrats only winning hand increasingly becoming "the race card". I fear future elections will increasingly look more like "whites vs minorities" than actual democracy.
All well said other than "whites vs minorities". We have a more mixed population than ever that may identify as one, both or mixed. I have have cousins, Aunts and Uncles that self identify as one or the other or both even with an Anglo and Spanish last name. Almost none agree with the President's approach on this.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:05 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama does not work with anyone.. his way or the highway is his style . Obama doesn't know the meaning of illegal.. he ignores that word when it fits any means to an end.

Congress also does not work for the President.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:16 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
would we not all be better off if each state were sovereign within itself and the Federal government only regulated trade between them and provided for defense? Then one state would have no reason to concern itself with the choices of another. We could be a free and independent people again. I believe that is what the founding fathers envisioned and it should be what we fight for today.
I agree. That's why the Articles of Confederation iterated that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies