Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 09:18 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times

Advertisements

This isn't about protesting the death - it's become about taking a grievance out against society. I have CNN on in another tab, but they don't mention these arrests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 09:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
One store owner asked that they not burn his place down he was on their side. They looted and burnt his place down. This had NOTHING to do with Michael Brown. The parents should be charged with inciting violence.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:23 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,404,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
This isn't about protesting the death - it's become about taking a grievance out against society. I have CNN on in another tab, but they don't mention these arrests.
why do the arrests matter?

There are millions of people in this country that have protested in the last 26 hours, yet you are fixated on the negative. Congratulations on being part of the problem.

Yes, it is absolutely about a grievance against society. Black people are sick of seeing black bodies as collateral damage. Black people are sick of hearing white people assaulting the character of dead black men. That is the height of inhumanity. These protests are not going to stop; they are only going to get worse.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:56 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
How many black men will be killed in Chicago this weekend? No protests about that, are there?

Old 11-25-2014, 10:01 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

There are millions of people in this country that have protested in the last 26 hours, yet you are fixated on the negative. Congratulations on being part of the problem.

Yes, it is absolutely about a grievance against society. Black people are sick of seeing black bodies as collateral damage. Black people are sick of hearing white people assaulting the character of dead black men. That is the height of inhumanity. These protests are not going to stop; they are only going to get worse.
You will never get it will you? Most people do not live like these thugs. People being surprised by the rioting and looting are not part of the problem. The witnesses who lied, the media who fanned the flames and certain professional agitators are the bulk of the problem. Add to it people who are ruled by their emotions and easily manipulated and you have the cluster**** that is Ferguson.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:02 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One store owner asked that they not burn his place down he was on their side. They looted and burnt his place down. This had NOTHING to do with Michael Brown. The parents should be charged with inciting violence.
I'm not concerned since he was "on their side".

Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:

I understand protests. I don't track setting fires and crimes of opportunity- looting being done by a relatively small number of people.

Some of the cars and businesses that have been burnt and/ or looted are owned by blacks within the community.

Regardless of ownership, these businesses employed people and provided goods and services to the community.

I can't wrap my head around it.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I understand protests. I don't track setting fires and crimes of opportunity- looting being done by a relatively small number of people.

Some of the cars and businesses that have been burnt and/ or looted are owned by blacks within the community.

Regardless of ownership, these businesses employed people and provided goods and services to the community.

I can't wrap my head around it.
It's not about the crime at this point. It's an excuse to pillage and plunder.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You will never get it will you? Most people do not live like these thugs. People being surprised by the rioting and looting are not part of the problem. The witnesses who lied, the media who fanned the flames and certain professional agitators are the bulk of the problem. Add to it people who are ruled by their emotions and easily manipulated and you have the cluster**** that is Ferguson.

4800 pages of testimony versus the media who sensationalized this for ratings and interviewed anyone with an opinion, as if it was factual information.

I have no idea how So many people are so certain of what really happened, given they did not wittness it and did not hear 4800 pages of testimony.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:29 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:

I didn't see Martin Luther King Jr. stealing any weaves with his pants down 1/2 way to his ankles to make his point that he was being oppressed.

I can imagine if someone there tried to say a cool speech.

"Hey, I have a dream..."

"Yo, get out da way, foo. I gots a dream, too, getting me a weave and some drank."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies