Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 12:42 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's not and "equal rights" issue. They already have the right to marry whomever they want; just not someone of the same sex. So that makes it something other than an "equal rights" issue.

The more we allow such perversions in society, the less civilized society becomes. We are becoming totally amoral. Anything goes, no matter how perverse.

And this is what some want to call "progress?"

Even animals show better behavior!
Yawn. Your posts bore me. It's an equal rights issue period. End of story.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:50 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I think this bears repeating. Nobody here is really convincing anyone of anything (at least those that are responding). I speak for myself as a gay man and I do not care if somebody doesn't like me because of who I am. That is their problem. But, we need to be vocal in order to keep people like this nonsense character from using his personal religion as a basis for our secular law.

I hope this isn't fanning the flames but we have examples of people resisting change like this: Arkansas Church Attacked By Right Wing Lunatic For Not Banning "Ni**ers And Q*eers" (IMAGE) - Left Wing Nation Assuming this is for real, we are not going to change this persons mind. He hates Blacks and Gays equally. I feel bad for people like this. They live very miserable lives. Sad...
"this nonsense character" Thank you for that.

The "secular law" you refer to has it's roots in Biblical moral standards. It's why we have laws against murder, theft, child beating, etc.

I don't hate blacks or "gays," but I do hate the sin.

My experience as a young man, in art school (Art Institute of Pittsburgh) which at the time didn't have dorms (they may still not have dorms), and therefore we lived at the YMCA, was that of having notes slipped under the door inviting me, or us ... we all experienced this ..., to a certain room "for a good time," as well as having to put up with some 'flamer' jumping into the public shower right after me and begin playing with himself, and looking over at me to see if he was getting my attention, tells me how perverted this affliction is. Homos live for the next sexual encounter. They are inflamed with lust, not only for each other, but also for strangers. It is their whole life.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:56 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
"this nonsense character" Thank you for that.

The "secular law" you refer to has it's roots in Biblical moral standards. It's why we have laws against murder, theft, child beating, etc.

I don't hate blacks or "gays," but I do hate the sin.

My experience as a young man, in art school (Art Institute of Pittsburgh) which at the time didn't have dorms (they may still not have dorms), and therefore we lived at the YMCA, was that of having notes slipped under the door inviting me, or us ... we all experienced this ..., to a certain room "for a good time," as well as having to put up with some 'flamer' jumping into the public shower right after me and begin playing with himself, and looking over at me to see if he was getting my attention, tells me how perverted this affliction is. Homos live for the next sexual encounter. They are inflamed with lust, not only for each other, but also for strangers. It is their whole life.

Why we have laws agaist murder, theft, child beating, etc has NOTHING to do with the bible.

As far as the "encounter" for starters you seem to be judging your view on homosexuals, based off one indivudal, how nice.... Secondly, how many men (especially college aged ones) don't live for the next sexual encounter (regardless if they are gay or straight). Seriously, have you ever been to a college campus??

Old 12-01-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Just because YOU view it as a perversion doesn't make it so.

It absolutely is an equal rights issue. Just the same as, "they can marry whomever they want as long as the same race" was an equal rights issue in the states that banned inter-racial marriage.
This is a false comparison. Two people of the opposite sex, but of a different race, has nothing in common with two people of the same sex wishing to marry. Sorry, but that argument will not stand up.

Nice try.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
This is a false comparison. Two people of the opposite sex, but of a different race, has nothing in common with two people of the same sex wishing to marry. Sorry, but that argument will not stand up.

Nice try.
Sorry but the argument stands. It's logical. Yours isn't. End of story. You lose. Must suck to see your puritanical world crumble around you, eh?

Old 12-01-2014, 12:59 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
This is a false comparison. Two people of the opposite sex, but of a different race, has nothing in common with two people of the same sex wishing to marry. Sorry, but that argument will not stand.

Nice try.
The detractors of interracial marriage used the line, you can marry whoever you want as long as its the same race. It is the exact same rationale that you are giving for banning same-sex marriage. Marry whoever you want as long as its the opposite sex.

If someone has different personal religious beliefs than you do, should we have laws based off their own personal religious beliefs? Or do we only make laws based off your personal religious beliefs?

Old 12-01-2014, 01:00 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Why are you all arguing with this guy?? He obviously has his head so far in the clouds on this issue it's not worth the time and effort.

The bible is a silly excuse. It's a book written by man containing manmade stories from thousand of years ago. If it's going to be relevant it at least should be re-written every so often. People need to step back and make sure they still have a sense of the real world and the religious world. You shouldn't blur them together.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yawn. Your posts bore me. It's an equal rights issue period. End of story.
Fine. Don't read my posts then. I couldn't care less. And just because you say "end of story," does not make it so, and it changes nothing. Your argument is baseless, and you know it, because there are no civil rights that are being denied. Period.

What you are asking for is a new right, or a special right based on nothing more than your particular choice.

Some who like to dress up like women want to be able to use the ladies restroom. Is that a "civil right" in your opinion? They can use the mens restroom, so they are not being denied use of a bathroom.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Fine. Don't read my posts then. I couldn't care less. And just because you say "end of story," does not make it so, and it changes nothing. Your argument is baseless, and you know it, because there are no civil rights that are being denied. Period.
Wrong. Period. End of story.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:31 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,355 times
Quote:
I won't engage into debate with you as many before have proved it's not what you're looking for.

Instead, I'll ask a question. I hope you will answer.

It would be being voluntarily blind as to not realize that, whether you like it or not, accept it or not (and not many people care about that last bit as you might have read over and over if you're a bit intellectually honest and less and less will care about it as people and next generations will realize it changes absolutely nothing to their lives), it will very soon become a law in every state of your country.

What then? What do you intend to do or how do you expect things to turn out? Do you have a plan or do you know of anyone who has one? and by that I mean a plan that is constitutional of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies