Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:10 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,402,737 times

Advertisements

Bigotry is a lifestyle choice, being homosexual is not.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,974,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ummmm ... natural sex is not a perversion. Are you clueless, or what?
Gay sex happens in nature. Gay sex is natural too. Homophobia, on the other hand is just a perverse human trait.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:12 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,974,101 times
Quote:

It's not and "equal rights" issue. They already have the right to marry whomever they want; just not someone of the same sex. So that makes it something other than an "equal rights" issue.
That "logic" has been tried ... and dropped like a hot potato ... by lawyers representing the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) and other anti-marriage equality activists years ago. It has been tried in courts of law - state courts and federal courts - and dismissed as nonsense.

The people opposed to legalized same sex marriage have been losing all over the place ... including the US Supreme Court in it's Windsor and also Hollingsworth decisions.

It IS an equal rights issue. Gay people want the equal right to marry the consenting adult person they love. Children of same sex couples want the equal right to have parents whose marriages are recognized and respected.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:49 PM

1,199 posts, read 736,143 times
Quote:
This is a false comparison. Two people of the opposite sex, but of a different race, has nothing in common with two people of the same sex wishing to marry. Sorry, but that argument will not stand up.

Nice try.
Quote:
"this nonsense character" Thank you for that.

The "secular law" you refer to has it's roots in Biblical moral standards. It's why we have laws against murder, theft, child beating, etc.

I don't hate blacks or "gays," but I do hate the sin.

My experience as a young man, in art school (Art Institute of Pittsburgh) which at the time didn't have dorms (they may still not have dorms), and therefore we lived at the YMCA, was that of having notes slipped under the door inviting me, or us ... we all experienced this ..., to a certain room "for a good time," as well as having to put up with some 'flamer' jumping into the public shower right after me and begin playing with himself, and looking over at me to see if he was getting my attention, tells me how perverted this affliction is. Homos live for the next sexual encounter. They are inflamed with lust, not only for each other, but also for strangers. It is their whole life.
Quote:
It's not and "equal rights" issue. They already have the right to marry whomever they want; just not someone of the same sex. So that makes it something other than an "equal rights" issue.

The more we allow such perversions in society, the less civilized society becomes. We are becoming totally amoral. Anything goes, no matter how perverse.

And this is what some want to call "progress?"

Even animals show better behavior!

Your conservative tears taste so delicious.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:55 PM

779 posts, read 634,064 times
Quote:
"this nonsense character" Thank you for that.

The "secular law" you refer to has it's roots in Biblical moral standards. It's why we have laws against murder, theft, child beating, etc.

I don't hate blacks or "gays," but I do hate the sin.

My experience as a young man, in art school (Art Institute of Pittsburgh) which at the time didn't have dorms (they may still not have dorms), and therefore we lived at the YMCA, was that of having notes slipped under the door inviting me, or us ... we all experienced this ..., to a certain room "for a good time," as well as having to put up with some 'flamer' jumping into the public shower right after me and begin playing with himself, and looking over at me to see if he was getting my attention, tells me how perverted this affliction is. Homos live for the next sexual encounter. They are inflamed with lust, not only for each other, but also for strangers. It is their whole life.

Sounds like you're describing stereotypical bad male behavior. Ask how many ladies who take public transportation have had guys "accidentally" rub up on them or caught a guy waking off and looking at him. Sounds like the perversion is actually isolated to very horny guys with few boundaries.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:30 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,410,277 times
Quote:
LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

But, really. Should kids be subjected to perversion? Isn't that corrupting a minor? Would we allow children to be raised by pedophiles? No, we wouldn't. Why should sexual perverts of another stripe be allowed to raise children?
Considering the vast majority of child sexual abuse is perpetrated by heterosexual married religious men, often with their own children or the children of friends, yes, you definitely shouldn't be allowed to be anywhere near children, let alone raise them.

http://www.childmolestationpreventio...pdfs/study.pdf

Last edited by Ceist; 12-02-2014 at 06:56 AM..

Old 12-02-2014, 07:03 AM

15,882 posts, read 21,493,253 times
Quote:
I understand that as a Jew, you do not believe that Jesus was the Messiah, or, God coming to us as man.

However, Jesus used the scriptures to prove that he was who he said he was (his claim to be God was why he was crucified), and the miracles he preformed were as a sign (proof) as well.

As a Christian, I am a "Jew by adoption," and "grafted in" to the Promise. This, according to the apostles who explained in their writings the teachings of Jesus, and what it meant to be "saved." "Those who believe are children of Abraham," we are told.

I don't expect you to believe or understand; but, that is the teaching of Christ, who used scripture as the foundation for everything he taught.

We had some "Messianic Jews" in our church in San Diego. They taught us a lot.

Jews do not have to abandon their "Jewishness" when they become converted. But they are relieved from "observing the law" which does not save. "It is by Grace you are saved, through Faith, and this not of yourself; it is the gift of God."
#nope

There is no such thing as a messianic Jew. Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies to be the messiah. Thus, every time you use your Bible to back your hatred, you are just proving more and more what a blasphemous belief you hold. When will you be turning your children over to DFCS? After all, if the children of gay and lesbian couples should be taken away for breaking a law in Leviticus when you ignore all others, CERTAINLY children of those who break the first commandment should be removed in short order.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,353,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Why we have laws agaist murder, theft, child beating, etc has NOTHING to do with the bible.

As far as the "encounter" for starters you seem to be judging your view on homosexuals, based off one indivudal, how nice.... Secondly, how many men (especially college aged ones) don't live for the next sexual encounter (regardless if they are gay or straight). Seriously, have you ever been to a college campus??
"One individual?" No, many individuals. Why did you assume I was referring to just one?

What kind of people do you run around with??? Good grief!

As for where our laws come from, they absolutely do come from bible truths, whether or not you care to acknowledge it.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 12-02-2014 at 07:30 AM..

Old 12-02-2014, 07:12 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,353,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Sounds like you're describing stereotypical bad male behavior. Ask how many ladies who take public transportation have had guys "accidentally" rub up on them or caught a guy waking off and looking at him. Sounds like the perversion is actually isolated to very horny guys with few boundaries.
Oh, please!!

Old 12-02-2014, 08:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,245,775 times
Quote:
"One individual?" No, many individuals. Why did you assume I was referring to just one?

What kind of people do you run around with??? Good grief!

As for where our laws come from, they absolutely do come from bible truths, whether or not you care to acknowledge it.
Then why does the first amendment directly contradict the first commandment?
Freedom of religion / no gods before me.

Why do our laws allow for divorce in any situation? Your god says that is a no no.

Why do we allow red lobster to be open for business? Your god says shellfish are an abomination.

Why can I go into any grocery store in town and buy a pound of bacon? Your god says that is taboo.

Why were some men and all women counted as lesser than under our laws? Well, nevermind, your god did too.

Why did we change our laws to ban slavery? Your god is A-OK with it and even gives rules for slave owners.

Why is there no law against coveting? Our free market system would collapse if it weren't for people wanting what the Joneses have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies