Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 02:25 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,015,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It's only racially divided if you're a racist who's mad that a black man is President, or if you watch Fox "News" and believe that President Obama is racist against white people.

In my real world, the races mix freely and without issue.
Black man?

Last I checked he was half White (bi-racial) & was raised by White grandparents after the Kenyan father & trailer trash White mother abandoned him.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:27 PM

6,848 posts, read 8,003,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I offered an explanation on another thread.

In brief:

Legacy hires. Ferguson was majority white not too long ago. It has rapidly changed, but Police tend to work at least 20 years if not more for pension reasons. Also why should they quit just because they are white?

It will become a majority black force in due time although I honestly cannot believe it matters.

Has our majority black force in DC earned a good reputation over the years?
You'd do better to reference Prince Georges County police. DC police in my experience get pretty high marks on racial issues and the force does a good job or reflecting the community.

BTW nice made up reason for a 93% white police force. It would be more believable if you actually had some data to support your cute story. In 2000 Ferguson was majority black.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:28 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,888,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
White cops in black neighborhoods are more than just enforcers of the law; they enforce the white male power structure.

Hispanic isn't a race.

I know that. It's a cultural label, but you can't win, no matter what. So what should I use? Mexican? Mexican-American? That suit you better?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:32 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,015,869 times
I'm in my 30's & the only time I have seen this country so racially divided was after the OJ Simpson trial in the 90's under fellow Democrat, Bill Clinton.

Never have I seen that under a Republican president, not in my lifetime.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:33 PM

6,848 posts, read 8,003,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Why should that even matter? Are the Black cops suppose to be nicer than the White cops? Is that going to stop police brutality?

What's the difference between a White cop and a Black cop using obsessive force?
The police department needs to mirror the community. Selecting only white applicants is prima facie evidence of racial selection criteria. The events before and after the murder of Mr. Brown highlight the racial tension such policies lead to.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:36 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,161,199 times
America is definitely less racially divided than it was 20 years ago, that's the ignorance of youth thinking otherwise. It's just the Stormfront lunatics and racist rabble rousers troll in every message board and comment section on the internet, giving the false illusion of being more racially divided than ever and it's their goal to divide America by race.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:37 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,250,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I'm in my 30's & the only time I have seen this country so racially divided was after the OJ Simpson trial in the 90's under fellow Democrat, Bill Clinton.

Yeah, Bill Clinton was behind the OJ trial with a specific goal of racially dividing the country

The president has no power to unite or divide races. Talking heads, propaganda networks and racists do.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:38 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,455,567 times
Quote:

Wow. What an anecdotal, completely selective history.
Do you just stop reading the news when a (R) is in the White House?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:39 PM

35,105 posts, read 31,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, Bill Clinton was behind the OJ trial with a specific goal of racially dividing the country

The president has no power to unite or divide races. Talking heads, propaganda networks and racists do.
A president can certainly get on the debate and said a tone, because ultimately the president drives the conversation. Don't kid yourself here.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:39 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,412,761 times
Quote:
Black man?

Last I checked he was half White (bi-racial) & was raised by White grandparents after the Kenyan father & trailer trash White mother abandoned him.
Obama is black due to the one-drop rule. America doesn't have a separate set of social rules for distinguishing biracial men from black men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I know that. It's a cultural label, but you can't win, no matter what. So what should I use? Mexican? Mexican-American? That suit you better?
Your point was that where you live is not racially divided. I'm merely stating that Hispanic is not a race. Hence, your anecdote doesn't even make sense.

Quote:

Republican presidents act in the best interests of protecting the White Male power structure. Racists don't have an issue with white male domination. That's kind of the point. It is only when the power structure is challenged that the true racists come out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies