Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 12:58 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,191,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why don't Asians and Indians complain about racism?
Otherwise,
Stop lumping all minority races into one group.

I think that Asians, and those from India, are just more realistic and accepting of racism and prejudices. We don't like it, but see no use in complaining about what is just basically human nature to dislike and be distrustful of races and cultures that are extremely different from their own. Instead, we prefer to quietly work to make the best of any given situation and move on.

And most Asians, myself included, aren't that sympathetic to black American issues... blacks seem locked into griping about the past, making baby mommas, lacking work ethics, and not desirous of striving to compete academically. We just don't understand why they can't evolve and move forward. This Ferguson nonsense is stupid. Just encourage more blacks to go into law enforcement so that they can police themselves, problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 01:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Funny because Asian/Asian-Americans are the most consistently racist people I deal with. Whites don't even come close.
I've heard that said too. Tho Asian racism seems to be against people darker skinned than them because "white skin color" supremacy is a thing in Asian culture too even tho many of them do have brown skin.

Old 11-27-2014, 01:55 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,270,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Being called a "cracker" doesn't offend me and I'm not sure why it should offend any white person. Unless of course I was being whipped, or lynched or something like that by a person of color.
So what? You are not required to be offended in order for a word to have a derogatory meaning. Call my friend a mick and he isn't going to care. Call me a ruskie and I won't care, but call my dad a shyster or my sister Natasha and they will care.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In the US, sometimes it is ok to insult Asians in public so people don't think it's a big deal.
In recent years, words like "Chinaman" have been heard from TV (but never n-word or kik*). People say "ching chong" for fun. And so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You also hear the term cracker as well.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Independent agencies for example;
CSOS
EEOC
GPO

I will let you find the answers for the agencies within the departments.

This is in addition to the the federal workforce is way over represented by blacks, some departments like HUD have over 30% black representation.
Post the links proving 50%.

And HUD is in D.C. Why wouldn't you expect it to be staffed by lots of black folks?

BTW...you mad about it bro?

Old 11-27-2014, 02:37 PM

779 posts, read 633,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Otherwise,
Stop lumping all minority races into one group.

I think that Asians, and those from India, are just more realistic and accepting of racism and prejudices. We don't like it, but see no use in complaining about what is just basically human nature to dislike and be distrustful of races and cultures that are extremely different from their own. Instead, we prefer to quietly work to make the best of any given situation and move on.

And most Asians, myself included, aren't that sympathetic to black American issues... blacks seem locked into griping about the past, making baby mommas, lacking work ethics, and not desirous of striving to compete academically. We just don't understand why they can't evolve and move forward. This Ferguson nonsense is stupid. Just encourage more blacks to go into law enforcement so that they can police themselves, problem solved.

Can't evolve and move forward? Have you ever looked at trends in the black community to draw your conclusions? In comparison to where people were 50 years ago there have been tremendous strides made despite having to start from scratch when it comes to every aspect of life. You can't compare people whose entire world prior to being cut down to less than human has to try and put down roots and start over. That isn't griping. That is recognizing fact and growing from there.
As has been said time an time and time again the average black person is doing just like everyone else but there is a larger percentage than average still lagging behind. I don't know why someone would expect a group with that sort of history to simply wake up one day and have everyone be ok. You want hundreds of years of mental manipulation and societal structure to disappear in 50. It doesn't work that way. I'd love it if the changes that are happening could happen even faster but it seems to be a slow and steady change these years.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Prison.
Really? 50% of BOP workers are black?

Link.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:05 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
They don't know what it's like to be black in Amerikkka!

My personal physician's skin pigmentation is as close to black as any undiluted African immigrant, yet he never complains about racism.

Last edited by momonkey; 11-27-2014 at 04:28 PM..

Old 11-27-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
My personal physician's skin pigmentation is as close to black as any undiluted African immigrant, yet never complains about racism.
What doctor tells his patients about his/her personal views?

Mine talks to me about my health.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:18 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Who is doing all of this embracing? Do you know how many black people are in this country? If true black culture was about embracing the life of a gangsta there would be nothing but civil unrest, violence and crime and all out wars in everyone's neighborhood. You wouldn't have a black middle, upper or lower class filled with people who work for a living and play their role in society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Is this a serious post? Black majority middle and upper class neighborhoods are a real rarity in the majority of states in the US. And in white majority middle and upper class neighborhoods, there are visible numbers of Asians and Indians in those neighborhoods and almost no black families.
bolded does not prove anything.

I agree with T.

Nothing annoys more than one minority group tells another minority group how to act, how to think, how to just suck it up and get over it. We simply just don't know what others have been through.

My family (mom and dad) has lived in Newport Beach for over 40 years. Mom and Dad are FOURTH generation of American citizens. My family is like a mini United Nation and we simply don't see "race" the same way some folks do, we are mixed.

When my brother joined the Marine Corps, my parents worried about him, but they supported his individual choice and decision. Serving the country (our country) is an honorable thing. I can NEVER imagine some Asians in the church implied that my brother was a kid with no option. Their kids would never join the military and if we had a war here in the United States, they would send their precious children back to their own homelands.

Well, for one, we don't have a homeland to go back to. America is our homeland. For two, my brother was /is brilliant and he was a Force Recon Marine, he also graduated from UC Berkeley. I earned my bragging right because of my brother.

When I saw my brother's best friend Thomas for the first time, I just thought he was hot, I never thought, sheesh, he was a black guy! Who cares!!!!

I can kind of see why people say some Asians are the worst racist. What a shame. (not all Asians are racists though)

Old 11-27-2014, 03:27 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,294,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm curious, how often do white conservatives like you actually use words like "hood rat" in the presence of blacks in real life? Just curious...
They don't talk to black folk in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies