Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 08:47 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because Putin has no ethics or morals.

Stating Obama has a racial agenda is just more right wing I hate the black man in office nonsense, not being able to vote for anyone but an Anglo-Saxon pretty much says it all.

Voting for a person because of race is the definition of ignorance.
So what does that say about the 95% of blacks in America that cast their vote for Obama, for nothing more than the fact that his skin color was the same as theirs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again, conservatives and wingnuts love Putin and want a dictator in charge of this country. They don't want to be involved in the decision making process, don't want to have to think, they want someone to tell them how to think, how to live, and what to believe in.
Do you realize you just described the lunatic left and liberal American to a T?

They don't want "discussion," they want totalitarianism via left dictatorial leader.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is bizarre to see Americans worship a thug like Putin.
Bizarre that some Americans have a longing desire to be sheeple. It is also hypocritical, disingenuous and amusing.

From the OP's article:

"Ever since he came to power in 2000, Mr Putin's lieutenants have worked diligently to sideline, prosecute, discredit, co-opt or otherwise neutralise political opponents."

"One of Mr Putin's greatest tools is his ability to manipulate public sentiment through a stranglehold on Russia's most influential media."

"Political surveys conducted by telephone in a country where people fear retribution for criticising the authorities may not be the best test of sentiment. Saying you love the leader is the safest thing, just in case someone is listening in or noting down your name."

This is what conservative Americans want? Rather ironic that some who constantly call Obama a dictator are admiring an actual dictator. And to anyone who thinks Putin has it all going on, I would encourage you to emigrate quickly.

BTW, there is another popular leader in the world that disgruntled American extremists may also admire, and N. Korea is lovely this time of year.

Kim Jong-un's approval rating higher than Barack Obama's - Telegraph

Old 11-28-2014, 08:53 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGeek View Post
Publicly criticize Putin in Russia and you could end up losing your job or in prison.
BS

Quote:
People that live in America have no idea how good they have it.
People that live in America have no idea about many things. They are heavily brainwashed by MSM and are very biased. But the saddest thing is that they hate to hear any thing that could break their distorted view. Every kind of such information is the russian state propaganda, and that's it! And, of course, they have a strong believe that these "commies" are intimidated, or deluded and don't realize that.
So, it is impossible to discuss with these people. They don't want to know actual Russian policy.
They prefer to live with misinformations, misinterpretations, lies and prejudices.
So, I give up.

As an american who is fluent in russian and who knows about Putin's policy not from the american news outlets that can convince people with their deliberate lies very good, I thought I could be useful to my fellow americans here in finding of the truth and the real things.
But I was mistaken. Sheeple don't need it at all.

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Keep in mind that Putin controls the media. The Russian versions of CNN, Fox News, etc. spend 24/7 touting nationalistic propaganda (Putin is a hero, Russia is always right, Russian culture is superior, Russians are happy and united, any criticism of Putin is unpatriotic, etc.) while blaming the United States and other countries for any ills felt by Russian citizens.

Publicly criticize Putin in Russia and you could end up losing your job or in prison. Like the article says, Putin's deputy chief of staff recently told a group of political analysts that "there is no Russia today if there is no Putin" and "any attack on Putin is an attack on Russia."

Absolutely correct about this. I have seen much of the world through my time in the navy, and we do have it good compared to so many places.

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
This.

Putin would be a great leader for the right wing here - a land-grabbing, war mongering bigot with dictatorial tendencies. He does the thinking for them and gives them something to be united against.
You're talking about Obama.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:54 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feltdesigner View Post
the same people whining about the media not going after obama are gushing over russian propaganda.

I wonder if they feel the same about african dictators with 100% approval ratings.
no

Old 11-28-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What makes you think people in this thread are on there knees worshipping putin?

Does a leader who makes decisive decisions, bad? No matter who or where they are from?

As for getting off your knees...you are your crowd have nothing to talk about...you've been there for about 6 years....and some are still slobbering....
The comments by those on this thread admiring Putin speak for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Do you realize you just described the lunatic left and liberal American to a T?

They don't want "discussion," they want totalitarianism via left dictatorial leader.
Irrespective of your personal opinion of Obama, it is definitely not liberals or the left falling all over themselves to lavish Putin with praise. One should take responsibility for one's comments.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:07 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The comments by those on this thread admiring Putin speak for themselves.

Irrespective of your personal opinion of Obama, it is definitely not liberals or the left falling all over themselves to lavish Putin with praise. One should take responsibility for one's comments.
Obama is a totalitarian. Your boy. Not mine.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Keep in mind that Putin controls the media. The Russian versions of CNN, Fox News, etc. spend 24/7 touting nationalistic propaganda (Putin is a hero, Russia is always right, Russian culture is superior, Russians are happy and united, any criticism of Putin is unpatriotic, etc.) while blaming the United States and other countries for any ills felt by Russian citizens.

Publicly criticize Putin in Russia and you could end up losing your job or in prison. Like the article says, Putin's deputy chief of staff recently told a group of political analysts that "there is no Russia today if there is no Putin" and "any attack on Putin is an attack on Russia."

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
BS

People that live in America have no idea about many things. They are heavily brainwashed by MSM and are very biased. But the saddest thing is that they hate to hear any thing that could break their distorted view. Every kind of such information is the russian state propaganda, and that's it! And, of course, they have a strong believe that these "commies" are intimidated, or deluded and don't realize that.
So, it is impossible to discuss with these people. They don't want to know actual Russian policy.

They prefer to live with misinformations, misinterpretations, lies and prejudices.
So, I give up.

As an american who is fluent in russian and who knows about Putin's policy not from the american news outlets that can convince people with their deliberate lies very good, I thought I could be useful to my fellow americans here in finding of the truth and the real things.
But I was mistaken. Sheeple don't need it at all.
I had no idea Gorbachev gets his news from American mainstream media.

Gorbachev On Putin: ‘He Thinks He Is Second Only To God’ « CBS DC

With Last Media Critics Blocked, Putin Silences the Russia Press - The Daily Beast

Russia's Smart People Are Leaving - Business Insider

Old 11-28-2014, 09:11 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
The scary part is the Putin/Bush worshippers will follow these types over the cliff, because they are moved by emotions, and not facts. All it takes is a doughy and pasty PR guy like Karl Rove and his buddy Roger Ailes to convince these sheep to throw out the Constitution and replace it with the "Patriot Act" to "make America great again".

The biggest enemy this country will always face is from within, and the threat of rightwing extremism is far more dangerous than any Islamic extremism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies