Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:44 AM

10,836 posts, read 14,962,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Only poor people shop on "Black Friday". The rest of us don't bother with such low class behavior as to stand in line for a few bucks off on something we don't actually need to survive from a chain store.
We don't shop for Christmas because that isn't what Christmas is about.

Send the kids and grand kids each get some $ which we have done for years and so far nobody has ever complained.

Wife and I get nothing for each other because there is nothing either of us wants that we didn't buy through the year anyway. Well, unless you count the bottle of wine I get for Christmas eve after we get home from church.

But neither of us will step foot inside a shopping mall until after January 1st.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:48 AM

2,017 posts, read 1,656,474 times
I have no money to spend ,so I will comply with the boycott.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:23 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,753,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'm fascinated with this.

From Breitbart - "US celebrities called for a boycott to take place Friday -- one of the busiest US shopping days -- to protest a grand jury's decision not to prosecute a police officer who fatally shot a black teen."
‘Hands Up, Don’t SHOP’: Celebs Call for Black Friday Boycott

All the morning news shows showed videos of people walking into retail stores in the area chanting "Hands Up, Don't Shoot". The whole premise of their protest is based on a lie, yet it's a lie that's taken root in the media and therefore become it's own reality. And it's a harsh reality...stores have been burned down and people's lives ruined because of these lies.

It's not just the black community. The usual contingent of college students were involved along with a lot of white people who obviously don't have enough time to read this...Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies or this //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tatements.html

if they think they are going to stop a mob from getting free hair extensions they are nutz.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:15 PM

24,455 posts, read 23,140,757 times
They're spitting into the wind. Its hard to believe they think that anybody will boycott or even care. Of course, they'll still buy whatever they want for the Holidays regardless of their hypocrisy and rabble rousing.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:21 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,432,130 times
I agree with an earlier poster. There in no way these young people will give up their electronic upgrades. They just don't care that much.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:28 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,177,492 times
Those stupid college students that have joined in these protests may one day be teachers. The false narrative of this story will continue to linger and in the future it will show up in some school textbooks. Children who weren't alive during this era will be told that this was all about a case of White racism against Blacks and they won't know any better. They'll be shown pictures of burned down stores and think the violence was justified.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,432,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Those stupid college students that have joined in these protests may one day be teachers. The false narrative of this story will continue to linger and in the future it will show up in some school textbooks. Children who weren't alive during this era will be told that this was all about a case of White racism against Blacks and they won't know any better. They'll be shown pictures of burned down stores and think the violence was justified.
Well that is just sad and depressing but most likely true.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:23 PM

32,155 posts, read 15,147,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Only poor people shop on "Black Friday". The rest of us don't bother with such low class behavior as to stand in line for a few bucks off on something we don't actually need to survive from a chain store.
Are you kidding me. Why is it low class behavior to stand in line to save money. I'm not poor but I'm not rich either. So I'll always look for a good deal. Now my best friend is rich and even she shops on good Friday lol

Old 11-28-2014, 09:36 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,871,952 times
This "hands up" bullbleep reflects how so many have ignored the grand jury testimony.

Sorry, folks, the gentle giant who thought he was entitled to someone else's merchandise, pushed the shop owner with his fingers then, when the shop owner pursued him, turned around and belly-butted him tells me all I need to know about Michael Brown's attitude with respect to authority figures and how things really went down when he chose to challenge and put his hands on a police officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies