Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 06:43 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,728,879 times

Advertisements

Why do Americans react differently when foreigners attack America than when Americans attack America? People often ask why African Americans react differently when a white person kills a black person than when blacks kill blacks. Well, why do Americans react differently when foreigners attack America than when Americans attack America? For example, the guy who blew up the building in Oklahoma City. Did that lead to bombs being dropped on white militia groups in America, whose movement harbored and facilitated the terrorist act? When foreigners transgress against America, expect bombs to drop and innocent people often killed to get the bay guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 07:50 AM

30,351 posts, read 23,817,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why do Americans react differently when foreigners attack America than when Americans attack America? People often ask why African Americans react differently when a white person kills a black person than when blacks kill blacks. Well, why do Americans react differently when foreigners attack America than when Americans attack America? For example, the guy who blew up the building in Oklahoma City. Did that lead to bombs being dropped on white militia groups in America, whose movement harbored and facilitated the terrorist act? When foreigners transgress against America, expect bombs to drop and innocent people often killed to get the bay guy.
Look at this on a basic level:

You can fight with your family, hate your family, despise everything about them, insult them from sun up to sun down, but the second that anyone from outside dares to even try that, you are all up on them like flies on....

I personally believe that this country has a lot of useless morons running around in it, but if some ahole terrorist decides to come over here and hurt them, I have a problem with that.

It's human nature.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:45 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,955,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
First of all, the TWO men involved in the OK City bombing (Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols), although posse comitatus sympathizers, acted on their own. McVeigh did almost all the footwork and planning by himself. Since this was not an attack carried out under the auspecies of any domestic terrorist group, there was no one to go drop bombs on.

This is the case in many of the actions carried out by domestic terrorists. The FBI calls them "lone wolf" attacks. However when a group such as the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas or the posse comitatus at Ruby Ridge threaten the security of the country, government agencies such as the ATF, FBI,etc. are pretty quick to take action. Waco was a pretty horrific shoot-out and Ruby Ridge was not far behind.

In addition, an extremist group may spread all sorts of hate writing and speeches, but they cannot be held responsible when someone on their own goes out and spreads anthrax or whatever. For example, I can write to the world at large, "Someone must go bomb Congress," and you read what I've written, love the idea, and on your own, go attempt to blow up the US Legislature, I cannot be held responsible for your actions even though I may have influenced them. On the other hand, I could form the Coloado Rambler Go Blow Up Congress group which you decide to join. And I decide that you are the perfect member to go carry out this terrorist action, provide you with ammunition and bombs and the active support of other members of my domestic terrorist group and off you go to blow up Washington, DC. I would probably be held more responsible than you in such a case and my little rural town here in Colorado would have ringside seats when the ATF, Homeland Security, and the FBI among others show up to take me and my terrorist gang prisoners and we start shooting back. It would be another Waco or Ruby Ridge in a heart-beat. Do you see the difference?

(and now the NSA is going to fall in love with me and put a Trojan Horse on my computer and monitor my cell phone calls. Oh well, at least it keeps them off the street.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies