Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 05:36 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,947,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
They may be more tech savvy, but they have a long way to go with history, civics, grammar, spelling, and work ethics.
But they excel at womyn's trans-gender and gay rainbow liberation studies so it is obvious that the baby boomers are unfairly holding us back!

As far as getting into good paying union construction jobs we're going to fix that by supporting the politics of allowing millions of illegals to remain in the country helping to raise wages in these industries.

I mean like who wants to work hard anyway? Ewwwww!

The only good jobs are paying like$125k and let me like set my own hours and stuff.

But like look at me, l like have a degree in retail management with a minor in womyns studies and the only job I can find is working at the mall earning $8.75 selling wowyns shoes and stuff.

Baby boomers are like unfair to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 05:41 AM

45,461 posts, read 60,680,465 times
The late Jim Croce wrote a song about this very thing.............................in 1972:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuP7ILX32E

Old 12-05-2014, 05:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,097,922 times
Educated in what? Are they attaining more degrees in engineering, science, medical, computer science and other very important fields?

Old 12-05-2014, 06:04 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Life is short, get me a Lamborghini, Dad

Old 12-05-2014, 06:27 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,147,253 times
While I try not to judge the whole Millennial generation as lazy (and their not), it sure is hard to not make generalizations when we're told over and over again by the ones that take on the poor-poor pity us attitude about how "hard" they have it. That we boomers had it SO easy. Yep. Let's see one of you judging Millennial's go for awhile using a manual typewriter. Go without your cell-phone. Or a washing machine (try an old fashioned wringer type one of these days!). Or indoor plumbing. Black and white TV that goes off air at midnight. Try getting out and BEATING THE PAVEMENT to get a job. Just for once, try taking away the things that you "think" you must have to live and see what happens..... You have no right to judge people when you truly don't have a clue about how things were.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:28 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,783,808 times
These threads sure do go a long way towards convincing me that you're never too old to have never grown up.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:39 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,391,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
And we're lazy? SMH. Boomers will continue to brand Milennials as lazy until the day they die.

Millennials are way more educated than their parents. They're also paid less. - Vox

Millenials may be more educated, but they are not as smart as boomers. Filling your head with fake classes taught by self-appointed experts in subjects that have suspect value does not make you more employable.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:41 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
You can't deny that we are still upbeat.

Crisis, students debt, unpredictable job market all create opportunities. Obviously, millennials are poised to start businesses that can transform today’s realities into the economy of tomorrow.

Plus, JFK Still Dead, Baby Boomers Still Self-Absorbed. If you want to learn everything about the baby boomers, all you have to read is that book by Tom Wolfe.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:50 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,147,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
These threads sure do go a long way towards convincing me that you're never too old to have never grown up.
LOL... Actually, some of us grew up, became mature and responsible and are now reverting BACK to childhood. And we can blame it on our aging minds. (My elderly mom is taking it to a whole new level!)

Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,849,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
And we're lazy? SMH. Boomers will continue to brand Milennials as lazy until the day they die.

Millennials are way more educated than their parents. They're also paid less. - Vox
Education was once linked to pay when it was selective. No longer selective and so no longer linked to pay. When anyone can have an education that dilutes the quality of the graduates. When only the best can have an education then quality is reasonable assured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies