Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 05:55 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,688,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong also...

Anyone should be free to go anywhere, blaming the hostage is like blaming a child who was standing on a corner and got shot by thugs trying to conduct their drug operations..
I agree, people should be free to go where they want, as long as they understand the risk they are taking and the possible outcome. I would never visit a country or region of the world where Americans are hated by almost everybody. Why put yourself in harm's way if you absolutely don't have to. I have never seen a hostage who say to the us government, please don't bother to try to save me, I came over here on my own free will and knew the risk I was taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 07:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,964,372 times
The worse part is the south African who was murdered ( their language) then it was learned that a charity had gotten a deal for his release. Sad.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:26 PM

64 posts, read 112,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Of course Obama isn't. As the top commander in the United States, he is the one who gives orders to Seal Team 6. And all the other special ops teams as well. None of them operate on their own orders, period.

But you already knew all that. You're just being obtuse.
So that means Obama can take the credit when Seal Team 6 succeeds. Right?

Old 12-08-2014, 09:52 PM

406 posts, read 283,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
..and all the Special Ops teams have the utmost respect for this man
About as much as his THIRD fired Secretary Of Defense under his administration does.....

Old 12-09-2014, 09:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,592,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Since you people want to give credit to Obama when things are good, you have to blame him when things go bad...

And this operation went bad, the Seals tried a rescue attempt and the terrorists killed the American hostages.

Story:

Hagel: Al Qaeda kills American hostage during U.S. raid - CNN.com

US officials detail rescue attempt that failed to recover US hostage in Yemen | Fox News

You're blaming Obama when the fools who go to the sewer called the middle east invariably get captured and are then used as propaganda pawns by hateful terror groups.

That's just silly.

Of course, if Obama clamped down a travel ban to the middle east we'd hear a lot of belly-aching from the haters, too.

And that's just silly, also.

Lots of silliness from the hater brain trust, it seems.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:32 AM

39,295 posts, read 27,684,370 times
"Penny Bearman, Somer's stepmother, and his half-sister Lucy Somers told Britain's the Times they were "quite angry because if there had not been a rescue attempt he would still be alive."

Luke Somers family blasts failed U.S. rescue mission in Yemen - CBS News

I am not Obama fan, and I can understand the grief experienced by these family members who lost loved ones, but like George Bernard Shaw once said,

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

You can't blame Mr. O for this.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:41 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,671,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You want rescued hostages to come home and keep it a secret? I don't remember any press on the successful rescue of 8 hostages 2 weeks ago, but failure makes the news. (not saying there wasn't any press 2 weeks ago, i just didn't see it)
I don't want details of the mission being leaked to the public by people who swore an oath to keep their mouth shut.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,671,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Meaningless since the children have no control over where they live, but their parents clearly do..

So because these children live in high crime areas, its now the parents fault drug dealers are killing them?

I dont think so...
These hostages are adults so it's a waste of time to argue over children. Do you want to discuss this like an adult or continue to play in the sandbox like a child?

Would you travel to the Sudan, Turkey, Iran since you are free to do so as an adult?

Apologies if you aren't an adult yet.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:42 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,441,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Since you people want to give credit to Obama when things are good, you have to blame him when things go bad...
I really had no idea that Obama was part of Seal team 6 and was on the ground.

Well, now that is an engaged president.

btw - it was the right decision based on the evidence (which was fairly accurate, unlike manufactured evidence used by previous presidents).

The problem was in execution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies