Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:28 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

kid might have an allergic reaction to Floxin the Er doc says, we'll give her another antibiotic.. heres a script for Cipro...Whoa, Oops!, hold On!! Cipro is also a quinalone. Huh? let me check. OOOPs! sorry about that. Your welcome.
Ah, medical practice.

"Simple. natural antibiotics like garlic and onions, basil, chamomile, aloe vera, astragalus and others; however, don’t cause side effects like antibiotic resistance, diarrhea, nausea, fungal infections, and the disruption of healthy gut flora that help to fight disease.

Furthermore, with many antibiotics, sensitive bacteria are killed, but resistant germs may be left to grow and multiply."

- See more at: Harvard Confirms Concerning Information About Antibiotics | Natural Society
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 12:29 PM

13,964 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
If only it stopped at that.. you really don't believe it won't go further ?
Yes, I know for a fact it won't go any further, because the companies in ownership of the data either don't know how or refuse to do anything with that data. Your average hospital system is so terrified of HIPAA, the Privacy Act, and being blamed for anything that all that data that gets collected is safe from even their own database administrators ever seeing any of it. It gets collected to make you feel like the "system" is improving, but I assure you, once collected, it is not being looked at, analyzed, transferred, or anything, and every doctor or nurse with access to the system would be happy as a lark to drop the entire DB machine out a window and go right back to paper tomorrow, because there'd be fewer mistakes, greater efficiency, and a lot less cost.

Dude, your federal government couldn't build a functioning website with 4 years and $2 billion. You really think those IT geniuses in gov.com could hack your data? They can't freaking do basic arithmetic FFS, so I hardly fear them being bad***** l337 haXX0rz.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:31 PM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, I remember, too. The right wing goes nuts whenever there is a Democrat in the White House, and the conspiracy theories multiply exponentially. Birthers are just the newest incarnation of right wing nuts who go bat**** crazy when there's a (D) after the president's name. I'm not at all surprised to find you among them.
I'm not ashamed to admit, and say out loud, Hillary is ruthless and I don't want her for President....
I'll admit, I'm conservative, but I'm not republican nor a tea party enthusiast....

Getting competent people to run, who will work for the people is long lost....when there is a dem in, the republicans bash them and when there is a Republican President in, the dems bash him and call for impeachment, it happens all the time, each and every time and yet, people refuse to see it for what it is and wake the heck up....

I hate both sides, they have ruined this country and both sides are corrupt....and I'll say that until the day I die....it is most certainly a conspiracy by the great big corporations who now rule the world...including other countries....

Two words.....

Global Economy!

Old 12-09-2014, 12:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
One thing preventing all this analyzing is patient privacy! You cannot do research w/o a patient's consent.

I was thinking, as I was out running errands, if Hillary thought records could be shared in 1992, she didn't know squat about computers. Most people didn't even have the internet then. Computer systems have improved a lot since then; it would have been horrendous to try to do EHR back then!

When we started this mess in July (using Office Practicum, I'd like to know what you think of that, Volobjectarian) I said it will not be better or worse than what we're doing now, it'll just be different. So far, it's working out that way. There are some things I like, and some things I absolutely hate. Just like the old system.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Because it was never really about you having the ability to move your medical records from doctor to doctor but it was all about the Federal government (all of them) getting their paws on your personal medical records. I said it before and I will say it again, they are going to append all kinds of information about you to your medical records because scoring databases and doing data matching is what they do.

I sure hope Rand Paul speaks out on this because I don't think the other candidates will.
Only the blind couldn't see that one.

The government always has their own reasons for promoting stuff.
Power begets more power.
And the more they have the more they want.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:02 PM

Actually, you have to have been assigned a user name (reminds me of drug users, LOL) and you have to have a password to get into them.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
One thing preventing all this analyzing is patient privacy! You cannot do research w/o a patient's consent.

I was thinking, as I was out running errands, if Hillary thought records could be shared in 1992, she didn't know squat about computers. Most people didn't even have the internet then. Computer systems have improved a lot since then; it would have been horrendous to try to do EHR back then!

When we started this mess in July (using Office Practicum, I'd like to know what you think of that, Volobjectarian) I said it will not be better or worse than what we're doing now, it'll just be different. So far, it's working out that way. There are some things I like, and some things I absolutely hate. Just like the old system.
Then how does HHS have all these records on people ?

Face it..our privacy is gone, gone, gone.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Then how does HHS have all these records on people ?

Face it..our privacy is gone, gone, gone.
What records are you talking about that HHS has? Please elaborate.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What records are you talking about that HHS has? Please elaborate.
I shouldn't have posted that comment.
It's still on the conspiracy sites so consider it "tin foil" from paranoid people.

But yeah..this "strategic" plan to centralize the data now that it's almost in standard form would certainly make it easier to "access" wouldn't it ?

Pretty similar to phone records that the NSA required from all the major carriers on Americans.
Pretty similar to social network data the NSA required from the major social network companies.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:47 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
I sure am glad my medical records are easily moved from Dr. to Dr.~~best thing that's happened in healthcare in years. Not everyone likes being restrained to one Dr. because he controls your records. Getting your record to in front of another Dr. when you become sick hundreds of miles from home can save lives and has probably saved mine.
Did your doctor ever hear of any other way to transfer your medical records without federal involvement? If you have a file you want to share with me can you think of any way to do it that doesn't involve a law and federal involvement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies