Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 09:03 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Both the CIA and the DEA were caught dealing drugs.

I don't know how people still let criminals into the highest positions of power.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Police or gov either purposefully set fires, or allowed certain fires to happen. Early in the protest, the Police actually started some small fires with their use of force. Some of the non-lethal grenades (tear gas?) started fires in yards. I saw this with my own eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 09:32 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You ever been to Chicago??

There were obviously some rioters who burned down some businesses, but I've also heard reports that the Police/Gov could have been involved in some of the arson. The main example circulating was the Auto Zone in the area. Police were guarding the building and no one was around it. Next thing you know its up in flames.

If I had more time before my bedtime I'd search for the link. Trying to catch up on the news though.
Any reputable links for this?

Old 12-12-2014, 09:50 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No one got hit?
Geezz!
My BAR would have been knocking them down.
Well, the officers were wearing IIIA or better armor, so they might have been hit without serious injury. Also you have the whole factor that people firing automatic weapons who are not used to them are not the most accurate riflemen in the world....
(Heck, even the ones shooting semi-auto, and there were plenty of those, had trouble hitting the broadside of a police car or truck, much less actual officers.)

Old 12-14-2014, 05:13 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The main example circulating was the Auto Zone in the area. Police were guarding the building and no one was around it. Next thing you know its up in flames.
The claim was that they were using flashlights that could set fires and used them to set a car on fire in front of Auto Zone. Auto Zone did not start on fire directly. A car in front of it was set on fire, and the car set the building on fire. There is footage of flames shooting out of the back seat of the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies