Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:06 AM

88,693 posts, read 85,065,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That is your interpretation. I'm just sharing the photos. There are many depicting Noah Pozner as a victim in the Peshewar Massacre. His family has yet to speak up about it his picture being used in both shootings.
I am unclear as to what is your point. Obviously this kid was not a victim in a the Peshewar Massacre, since he was already dead. What do you expect his family to speak up about? Correction and accuracy would be nice, yeah. Do you think they should feel strongly enough about it that they contact the mourners in Pakistan and ask them to remove their son's face? Why do you care?

Never mind, I just Googled. I see what your "point" is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 10:21 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,787,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am unclear as to what is your point. Obviously this kid was not a victim in a the Peshewar Massacre, since he was already dead. What do you expect his family to speak up about? Correction and accuracy would be nice, yeah. Do you think they should feel strongly enough about it that they contact the mourners in Pakistan and ask them to remove their son's face? Why do you care?

Never mind, I just Googled. I see what your "point" is.
I would hope that people would at the very least look at this and be able to say "hmm, we shouldn't believe everything we see on TV or read in the news". If Noah's photo is fake then how many other photos are fake? How can we trust this story to be accurate when certain elements are obviously not true. If my child was murdered I'd be outraged if I saw their photo used in a different news "story". I'd at least speak up to the media that was reporting it. Why do I care? I think everyone should care about fake news and being manipulated by the media. How can we trust the media if they can report such blatant falsehoods without even thinking twice?

Old 01-03-2015, 10:44 AM

23,608 posts, read 17,290,733 times
Hey, the gun maker didn't build it!!

It was the governemt who built those guns!!!!

Old 01-03-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I would hope that people would at the very least look at this and be able to say "hmm, we shouldn't believe everything we see on TV or read in the news". If Noah's photo is fake then how many other photos are fake? How can we trust this story to be accurate when certain elements are obviously not true. If my child was murdered I'd be outraged if I saw their photo used in a different news "story". I'd at least speak up to the media that was reporting it. Why do I care? I think everyone should care about fake news and being manipulated by the media. How can we trust the media if they can report such blatant falsehoods without even thinking twice?
I've never known anyone who believes everything they see on TV or reads in the news.

Not sure what you mean by "fake". It simply appears that the photo has been included in a poster about a different massacre. Maybe NONE of the kids on that poster have anything to do with the massacre they are holding the vigil for. Why do you think it is the fault of the media rather than the fault of the people conducting the vigil/putting up the poster? How exactly are you being manipulated? You are upset because someone reported on the Pakistani story without noting that the dead Newtown kid's picture is on the poster?

I don't think you can say what you would do or not do unless your child was actually murdered, and even if you had that experience, you could not speak for someone else in that position. Perhaps the idea that their kid's picture is on a poster that has nothing to do with him is not a big deal for them. When real tragedy happens, you tend not to let the little things in life bother you as much as they once might have. These are people who already have to deal with a bunch of people in their own country claiming that their child didn't actually die and that they are part of some nefarious government scheme. A POSTER in another part of the world is going to upset them?

Old 01-03-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've never known anyone who believes everything they see on TV or reads in the news.

Not sure what you mean by "fake". It simply appears that the photo has been included in a poster about a different massacre. Why do you think it is the fault of the media rather than the fault of the people conducting the vigil/putting up the poster? How exactly are you being manipulated? You are upset because someone reported on the Pakistani story without noting that the dead Newtown kid's picture is on the poster?

I don't think you can say what you would do or not do unless your child was actually murdered, and even if you had that experience, you could not speak for someone else in that position. Perhaps the idea that their kid's picture is on a poster that has nothing to do with him is not a big deal for them. When real tragedy happens, you tend not to let the little things in life bother you as much as they once might have. These are people who already have to deal with a bunch of people in their own country claiming that their child didn't actually die and that they are part of some nefarious government scheme. A POSTER in another part of the world is going to upset them?
We can agree to disagree.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
We can agree to disagree.
Of course, that's what City-Data is for!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:

Guns. We gotta ban them.
They will not be banned unless you get 38 states to agree to it and that is just the facts.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They will not be banned unless you get 38 states to agree to it and that is just the facts.
My comment was tongue in cheek.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,577,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
And this matters because??
You think they won't be brought in somehow? Of course they will.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,915,096 times
What's next?

Family Sues Ford, Dodge, Chevy, For Drunk Drivers?

Man Sues Shopping Mall For Selling Knife Rapist Used To Kill Wife?

Mother Sues Manufacturer For Producing Rope Teen Used In Suicide?

Wife Sues Budweiser For Alcoholic Husband?

Class Action Law Suit Agaist Spoon Maker For Obesity?

Just face it, if you support this frivilous law-suit, it's because you're anti-gun, NOT because it has merit, because if you do believe it has merit, than any one of the satirical headlines posted above should make perfe3ct sense in your world.

The real tragedy is that our tort laws are such that a frivilous lawsuit like this one can be filed in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies