Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 11:06 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I have no intention of reporting him. It wasn't a big deal to me. If it was, I would have called him out on it myself, but I didn't.

But it's amazing how you're saying what I'm saying is "petty", but you have absolutely nothing to say in regards to the blatant racist insults he directed at black people with the ebonics as our "first language" and the so-called "crackhead" names he mentioned.

Talk about freaking double standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Then report him. That was rude and uncalled for but I see you repeatedly mocking him for changing his name. I'm glad I don't know people this petty irl because it is tiring. Saying something to Chris will accomplish nothing as he clearly said he was not participating in this thread any more. Carry on.
You and I were writing at the same time because I immediately went back to add a sentence. This is all silly and came about from the thread on the fake grand jury next month.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:09 AM

17,208 posts, read 15,421,256 times
Quote:
You and I were writing at the same time because I immediately went back to add a sentence. This is all silly and came about from the thread on the fake grand jury next month.
Yep

Old 12-18-2014, 11:23 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,300,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
As a black male, I am somewhat offended by that title. What the hell IS this "African American Community?"
Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et all DO NOT speak for me, nor do they represent what I stand for.
Am I alone in having an issue with this nonsensical generalization?
I'm always concerned about the white community and white on white crime

Old 12-18-2014, 11:26 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Talk about freaking double standards.
Do you consider yourself part of the Black Community ?

Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,847,903 times
Quote:
Hateful and unnecessary.

For posters who complain about the term "African American Community" which is such a common term that it is literally a page on the Whitehouse website about Obama and his relationship with said community, you single out a poster and mock him for his race? Seriously?!!
Exactly. I know what his point was, but average black isn't going to understand. Too busy hanging on to the victim label/status.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:28 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm always concerned about the white community and white on white crime
You probably should be. Those whites roaming cities with Hammers are a real problem.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Exactly. I know what his point was, but average black isn't going to understand. Too busy hanging on to the victim label/status.
Once again, the AVERAGE black doesn't feel this way. The media, loudmouths, and some of the ones who hold a degree of "status" make it seem as though they speak for "us" all. Certainly not the case.

This could be the equivalent to people saying that "All Muslims/Islam are/is evil, barbaric, etc." because ISIL claims to speak in the name of Islam. The average Muslim is not running around trying to take over the world, just like the average black is not hanging on to a victim label/status.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:40 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
As a black male, I am somewhat offended by that title. What the hell IS this "African American Community?"
Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et all DO NOT speak for me, nor do they represent what I stand for.
Am I alone in having an issue with this nonsensical generalization?
Have you ever tried to stop his race baiting? Have you stood in the crowd when he is on TV spewing his hate and booed him? Have you ever told him to shut up because he is causing problems?

I'm sure that there are millions of Blacks that wish that he would just shut up and go away...But I'll also bet that there are millions cheering him on...

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have both made their living off of race baiting..... And they aren't going to stop any time soon......

Old 12-18-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Have you ever tried to stop his race baiting? Have you stood in the crowd when he is on TV spewing his hate and booed him? Have you ever told him to shut up because he is causing problems?

I'm sure that there are millions of Blacks that wish that he would just shut up and go away...But I'll also bet that there are millions cheering him on...

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have both made their living off of race baiting..... And they aren't going to stop any time soon......

No, because most of us are too busy with work/raising our families to have time running around with their crowds of unruly supporters.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:07 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Are the average White males plotting to shoot up schools? 0_0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies