Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 12:59 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times

Advertisements

"A worker at a KFC restaurant in Sydney has been suspended after he was filmed screaming vicious insults and threatening to attack a customer."

OY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_HLVYN37s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 01:33 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"A worker at a KFC restaurant in Sydney has been suspended after he was filmed screaming vicious insults and threatening to attack a customer."

OY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io_HLVYN37s
While that's an old video, that was interesting to say the least..

Old 12-19-2014, 08:28 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I once worked at a company that insured some McDonalds franchises in the US.

From time to time around the lunch table a person working in that area would share the "claim of the week" which generally involved some ex-con getting fed up with either a rude customer or stress etc. and going HAM on somebody...once with the office phone.

However, the best video ever about that stuff was the guy (a recently released prisoner, big, muscled) have 2 hoodrats get mad at him about an order and come over the counter after him. He did nothing wrong, he retreated but then they cornered him and he beat the crap out of them breaking one gals jaw. They weren't playing and weren't new to the assault game....they just went after the wrong guy that time.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

From time to time around the lunch table a person working in that area would share the "claim of the week" which generally involved some ex-con getting fed up with either a rude customer or stress etc. and going HAM on somebody...once with the office phone.

However, the best video ever about that stuff was the guy (a recently released prisoner, big, muscled) have 2 hoodrats get mad at him about an order and come over the counter after him. He did nothing wrong, he retreated but then they cornered him and he beat the crap out of them breaking one gals jaw. They weren't playing and weren't new to the assault game....they just went after the wrong guy that time.

Long story short, when I worked in retail back in my youth (I was about 21 at the time) a coworker's husband threatened me in front of everyone in the store's cafe that he was going to whoop my a** if I disrespected his wife again. I had worked in maintenance at the time, and my boss told me to relay an order to her, and also that he needed me up at the front to help bag. So, she asked me to help her with one of the restrooms, and I told her I can't I have to be up front right now, and also relayed from the boss that she needed to take care of the restroom by the cafe. Well, she whined to her husband (I had a run in with him in the past with him getting lippy with me) and trumped up the story or whatever. He made a scene in threatening me in front of a cafe full of customers. Initially I ignored him, and he kept on, so I said "you know what dude, whatever, I really don't have time for your s***, so leave me the hell alone!" To which he proceeded to get louder, and more threatening in his advances! Well by then, I had just about enough to which I said "don't push me!" Again the threats continued, and he pulls a 20 out of his wallet and says "I got $20.00 out saying I can kick your a**!" Finally, I said "I get off at 5PM B***!!!" By then the cafe supervisor was on his a** and yelling at him to knock it off with the BS, and to leave me alone! Word spread around the store, to which my boss put the kibosh on it. He didn't reprimand me, but he did tell me that if anything happens out in the parking lot after work it was a felony! I said "fine, but that fool better not even THINK of trying to fight me!" Thankfully nothing further happened. My coworker got screamed at too for being the cause of it!

In short, I would never dream of attacking a customer for dumb stuff like complaining, or being rude....but I have NO issue with an employee of an establishment defending themselves from some d***head who tries to assault them!

Old 12-19-2014, 10:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Liability Insurers have the best stories.

One of my personal favorites is a story of a dispute amongst 2 HOA board members that resulted in one ripping the toupe off the other. A brawl ensued. Lot's of damage and injuries.

The topic was the color of a keypad.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:13 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Another positive aspect of bacon. You can actually make a grown man cry like a little girl and all you have to do is mention it. You don't even have to have any actual bacon.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
I knew there were at least one, or two more reasons why I love bacon, left for me to discover.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Dupe

Old 12-19-2014, 11:16 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
I think I will run out and get some smoked Applewood bacon from Costco today....What a nut.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Bacon? Did someone say bacon? I just had some on my hamburger a few minutes ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies