Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 05:35 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times

Advertisements

http://new4.fjcdn.com/gifs/Scary+bla...40_5376712.gif

How did they even know that wasn't a toy? The security guard should've politely asked him to leave. And that other citizen just put himself in harms way, if, in fact, that was a real gun.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That dude infringed his right to bear arms with extreme prejudice. ROFL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 07:01 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,745 times
I watched that video several times, the person walked in with the weapon in their waist band, then pulled the weapon out, and then proceeded to point it at the door man, this looked like a robbery, or assault. The door man responded quickly, and justifiably to me.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:55 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Security woman is still running.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:19 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

How did they even know that wasn't a toy? The security guard should've politely asked him to leave. And that other citizen just put himself in harms way, if, in fact, that was a real gun.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

and the right of a business to kick you out, shouldn't be infringed either. I applaud the bar for getting rid of the loon. Oh, i'm sure we should all wait for the crazies to start shooting before reacting?

Also - as far as I know this person wasn't in a militia, so don't know what the second amendment has to do with it.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM

779 posts, read 632,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

You can bear it all you want but an establishment food not have to allow you to stay there if they've set rules against guns in their establishment.

Side note: when is the well regulated militia part enforced with conceal and carry?

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
and the right of a business to kick you out, shouldn't be infringed either. I applaud the bar for getting rid of the loon. Oh, i'm sure we should all wait for the crazies to start shooting before reacting?

Also - as far as I know this person wasn't in a militia, so don't know what the second amendment has to do with it.
Agree with you on the first point. But, as the Supreme Court reasoned and provided historical evidence to support, the "militia" at the time the Bill of Rights was ratified referred to all able-bodied men, not to an actual military unit of the State. That said, 2nd Amendment purists are rather self-serving and lazy in thinking that "infringed" means no control; at the time of the Bill of Rights and after, it was well accepted that the government could and did prohibit certain firearm types from private citizen ownership (i.e. certain cannons and other military equipment). Even then, it is not clear that all restrictions infringe the rights of people who the Amendment is meant to protect (i.e. its a bit of a stretch to call a ban of mentally ill people who pose serious security threats an "infringement" on the right of the people to carry).

4,761 posts, read 7,838,183 times
The right of a business owner to remove someone carrying a gun has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. I'm all for responsible carry. I do, however, know that not everyone else is and that is their right.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:27 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Seriously? Someone walks in carrying a firearm are you really going to sit there and determine if it's a toy or ask him politely to leave? The bouncer did exactly what he was there to do and deserves praise for quick thinking.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Seriously? Someone walks in carrying a firearm are you really going to sit there and determine if it's a toy or ask him politely to leave? The bouncer did exactly what he was there to do and deserves praise for quick thinking.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Agreed, but there is a difference in open carrying a weapon, as in a holster or a inside the waist band type of holster, and having the weapon already in your hands when entering a establishment, different degrees of intent, the latter is imminent threat, the former is just how someone is carrying their weapon. And in this case the weapon was already in the persons hands, they had obvious intent to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies