Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 03:15 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Ok, I clicked on it and made it here:

Let's see here, if I were black and knew that each year around 70 unarmed black people were killed by law enforcement while close to 17,000 black people were killed by other black people, I think I'd be a lot more suspicious of black people.

Hiking in the Grand Canyon, it makes more sense to watch out for snakes than meteors streaking toward you. Sure, you could be injured or killed by a meteor hitting you, but watching out for snakes is a lot more practical.
So in the article, was Holder saying that the black community has failed itself, with all the thousands of murders of blacks by other blacks each year?

Old 12-19-2014, 03:19 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The data shows that cops enforce those laws selectively against black people, and judges and juries dole out harsher punishments to black people, and in some cases (e.g. crack vs cocaine) the laws themselves are written to punish black people more severely.
Actually he's been pretty middle of the road in his statements and actions the whole time.
The right wing media chooses to paint him as a far out racist, and the people who consume that media don't bother to go find out the truth.
What does "middle of the road" mean to you? He is right this time, but Holder has not been fair or unbiased, in my opinion, and I'm glad he is leaving his post. I think he is very racially biased and bad, very bad AG.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-19-2014 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 03:20 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The data shows that cops enforce those laws selectively against black people, and judges and juries dole out harsher punishments to black people, and in some cases (e.g. crack vs cocaine) the laws themselves are written to punish black people more severely.
Actually he's been pretty middle of the road in his statements and actions the whole time. The right wing media chooses to paint him as a far out racist, and the people who consume that media don't bother to go find out the truth.
Was Eric holder being "middle of the road" when he spoke before Al Sharpton's National Action Network, during the height of the Trayvon Martin trial?

Is he "middle of the road" now when he stokes resentment of police officers, while thousands of blacks are murdering other blacks in our inner cities?

Old 12-19-2014, 03:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Was Eric holder being "middle of the road" when he spoke before Al Sharpton's National Action Network, during the height of the Trayvon Martin trial?

Is he "middle of the road" now when he stokes resentment of police officers, while thousands of blacks are murdering other blacks in our inner cities?

Call it as it really is, thank you, I respect you too. No excuses need to be made. Holder has been anything but "Middle of the Road"

That man needs to think before he speaks, a lot of what certain people say, is taken to heart. In a sense so many are trouble-makers, and I believe they know it. Or either they don't know it, and they don't care.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:59 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

What wasn't middle of the road about his NAN comments?

"If we find evidence of a potential federal criminal civil rights crime, we will take appropriate action, and at every step, the facts and law will guide us forward."

Sounds outrageous…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies