Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 02:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,308,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
72 hours would be better.

Or better yet all non-black cops refuse to go into black areas because they don't want to be racist.
Black New Yorkers pay cop's salaries too.

So nope. They need to patrol black areas too even if they're hated there. That, or quit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 03:00 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,374,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Looks like the rebellion is already beginning:
P.B.A. condemns mayor, denies inflammatory memo | Capital New York
[/indent]
eh?

A spokesman for the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association has denied that the group issued a now-widely circulated memo reacting to today's killing of two police officers that says, among other things, “The mayors hands are literally dripping with our blood because of his words actions and policies ...”

Old 12-21-2014, 03:08 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,569,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
eh?

A spokesman for the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association has denied that the group issued a now-widely circulated memo reacting to today's killing of two police officers that says, among other things, “The mayors hands are literally dripping with our blood because of his words actions and policies ...”
Does it matter who started the memo?

I think the keywords are 'widely circulated'.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:11 PM

39,931 posts, read 26,636,254 times
For once I have to agree with a union. The NYPD should walk out on strike until the sick, criminal-supporting mayor steps down. Why should they put their lives on the line every day for a POS like him, and so much of the city of NY that doesn't support them. Let the animals run wild for a few days. Now, in nearly any other city in this great country, the citizens would deal with it. But NYC citizens aren't like the rest of America. First, they voted for people that have ensured that they have no defense against criminals. And 2nd...they are New Yorkers, not exactly a group known for doing things for themselves. They vote for politicians that tell them what to eat...and think.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:24 PM

963 posts, read 691,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
They are being intimidated by a relatively small part of the population. If the police walk off the job, it will be open season on the law abiding. Oddly enough, it is the people who are very "pro-Cop" who will suffer the worst. Alot of the anti-cop types will disregard the law and do alot of ugly things to survive. Basically, if the police walk off the job, it will be survival of those who disregard the law. Last time I checked, there are some very strict gun laws, so it can be assumed that there aren't a high number of people who are armed.
I don't think it's that small. If it was, the troublemakers would be shouted down by the good guys. The fact that they're not speaks volumes. The cops -- especially the white ones, can't do anything with a black thug without bringing the whole city into it, making judgments they know nothing about. It's time for our black population to look past color and start condemning the animals that hold your cities hostage.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:30 PM

28,988 posts, read 30,396,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
If so, what wouldgo down?
oh I don't know, they'd probably loot, turn cars over, set them on fire, and steal from all the neighborhood stores, while setting them on fire and murders galore.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,284,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
For once I have to agree with a union. The NYPD should walk out on strike until the sick, criminal-supporting mayor steps down. Why should they put their lives on the line every day for a POS like him, and so much of the city of NY that doesn't support them. Let the animals run wild for a few days. Now, in nearly any other city in this great country, the citizens would deal with it. But NYC citizens aren't like the rest of America. First, they voted for people that have ensured that they have no defense against criminals. And 2nd...they are New Yorkers, not exactly a group known for doing things for themselves. They vote for politicians that tell them what to eat...and think.
So what did De Blasio do? Congratulate the killer or tell the police they deserved it or something?

Old 12-21-2014, 03:37 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,237,515 times
As the daughter of a cop, I can see why they would want to walk off. But it will never happen. Personally, I do not understand why anyone would want to be in law enforcement in any large urban area. Are there bad cops? Absolutely. But the good ones far outweigh the bad. Unfortunately they catch all the crap for their less than circumspect bretheren. Not to mention a lot of thuggish behaviour that should not be tolerated in an advanced society.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,688,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what did De Blasio do? Congratulate the killer or tell the police they deserved it or something?
If you haven't been following DeBlasio and his comments then you should go back to his campaign points before he got elected and then read forward from there. DeBlasio started off being anti-cop for what the NYPD was doing under the previous mayor.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,284,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you haven't been following DeBlasio and his comments then you should go back to his campaign points before he got elected and then read forward from there. DeBlasio started off being anti-cop for what the NYPD was doing under the previous mayor.
That doesn't answer my question, what specifically did De Blasio do or say? Or is this just right wing media doing what they are good at? I remember De Blasio's campaign and I don't remember him saying he hated the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies