Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:50 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times

Advertisements

There are a bunch of threads and a bunch of idiots running for president who manage to raise themselves up on their own knuckles just long enough to announce "none of dem dare Muzzies in muh 'murica!" before going back to waddling in slop or whatever else these pea-brains do in their spare time. Honestly, I am so frustrated by the absolute ignorance I am seeing from everywhere.

And I mean ignorance, as in the definition of the world, i.e., lack of knowledge. And there is NOTHING WRONG with genuinely not knowing about Syria, ISIS, Islam etc. But before you open your mouth and say something idiotic, do bother to use the internet you are now on to do some research yourself.

Anyway, it would be fine if we took in some refugees. As long as they are the right kind of people. We can rule-out a big chunk of them being terrorists simply by looking into where they are from and what religion they are.

And now a bunch of you will put down your "Trump 2016" mugs or "Ben Carson cause he hates dem gays" cups long enough to yell "but they're all Muzzies!" I got news for you: a very large chunk of the refugees leaving Syria are Christian.

Yes, it will come as a surprise to a lot of you, but Syria is/was about 10% Christian. Under Assad, Christians in Syria actually did better then they did in many other parts of the Middle East. And now, ISIS wants them exterminated. I sincerely doubt a Syrian Christian is going to run around screaming "Allah Ackbar!" while bombing someplace anytime soon.

And I love how the same Bible-thumpers who believe that Christians in America are being persecuted because Paul and Hector up the street got legally married are more often then not the same people who would be up in arms if Syrian Christians were allowed into America. Say what you will about the Sunni Wahhabist-Qutbists in ISIS, Ansar-al-Islam etc, but at least they actually give a damn about Muslims around the world. Most of the fundamentalist Christians in America couldn't care less if their fellow Christians around the world are marked for extermination, just as long as evolution isn't taught in your schools.

And where the hell are the gung-go Christian fundamentalist from the South, a bunch of whom have military training, when Christians needs fighters? Why not stop whining about Obama and get the boys together and head down to Syria and fight you a Crusade? But I digress....

So yes, Christian Syrians should be allowed in.

Second, how about those Muslims who ISIS wants dead? Assad is a member of the Alawite sect of Shia Islam. They are very controversial throughout the Muslim world and many consider them Kafir, including ISIS who are trying to wipe them out. ISIS are big fans of Takfiri and have no problem invoking it against other Sunnis, let alone a Shia sect. And the Alawites tend to be more educated then the Sunnis in Syria and are not known for hurting anybody. The same with the Isma'ilis.

So the Alawites and Isma'ilis can be allowed in.

And what about the Druze? They aren't even Muslim and ISIS will wipe them out. They have no history of being violent and should also be allowed in.

Which leaves out the Sunnis. I admit, we should accept fewer of them then any of the above groups, and give them a lot of scrutiny and question them over and over to see who they are, but a few of them can be allowed in.

But the whole thing about "no Syrians cause dem is ISIS muzzies" is absurd and only shows how ignorant too many of my fellow Americans are. Take this idiot, protesting in front of a mosque because of what happened in Paris...and Ahmadi mosque

Protesters outside Portland mosque met by helpful stranger

The Ahmadis, for those who don't know, are the biggest group of near-pacifist in the Islamic world. They ALWAYS condemn terrorism and violence and are the REAL peaceful Muslim and are persecuted relentlessly throughout the Islamic world and are not even allowed into Mecca by the Saudi Arabian government. ISIS would kill them all without a second thought, as would any other Wahhabist-Qutbist Jihadi group. They are ranked even lower then the Shia.

Ahmadis are awesome people, and the fastest growing group within Islam by conversion, and they are the last group of people you have to worry about.

Protesting an Ahmadi mosque in Oregon because of ISIS makes about as much sense as protesting in front of the Seventh Day Adventist church because of what the Catholic IRA did in Northern Ireland.

And no, I am not a Muslim, and I am a realist when it comes to Islam. Islam is indeed more violent then other Abrahamic religions in its history and the Koran does have more "kill the disbeliever" stuff then in the Bible, but the OT is no prize either. But the craziness is mostly confined to certain Sunni schools, and Islam is such a big religion you can't really throw them all in with some the Wahhabist.

And if the concern is with the amount of refugees, then you have a point. I think our fearless leader Obozzo would be crazy to let 250,000 in, like what happened in Germany. But we can easily allow 40,000 or so. Letting too many in would be dumb, I agree.

And it's even dumber to call all Syrian refugees a threat, when a big chunk of them aren't even Muslim of any kind.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-19-2015 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 12:53 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
Well being all the embassies are ran by Muslims the Christians in those lands are getting slaughtered.

I would not want any of these refugees in the USA, send them to Saudi Arabia or create a safe zone for them in Syria.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:18 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
What you are asking, victorianpunk, is for people to do their jobs at intake. In this day and age, that can be a difficult task to under take.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
What you are asking, victorianpunk, is for people to do their jobs at intake. In this day and age, that can be a difficult task to under take.

If you mean the INS, I agree. INS needs an overhaul, and you would think in this day an age someone would have done so already. Better screening of immigrants is probably going to keep more American's safe then just forcing people to take off their shoes when boarding an airplane.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:08 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
There are a bunch of threads and a bunch of idiots running for president who manage to raise themselves up on their own knuckles just long enough to announce "none of dem dare Muzzies in muh 'murica!" before going back to waddling in slop or whatever else these pea-brains do in their spare time. Honestly, I am so frustrated by the absolute ignorance I am seeing from everywhere.

And I mean ignorance, as in the definition of the world, i.e., lack of knowledge. And there is NOTHING WRONG with genuinely not knowing about Syria, ISIS, Islam etc. But before you open your mouth and say something idiotic, do bother to use the internet you are now on to do some research yourself.

Anyway, it would be fine if we took in some refugees. As long as they are the right kind of people. We can rule-out a big chunk of them being terrorists simply by looking into where they are from and what religion they are.

And now a bunch of you will put down your "Trump 2016" mugs or "Ben Carson cause he hates dem gays" cups long enough to yell "but they're all Muzzies!" I got news for you: a very large chunk of the refugees leaving Syria are Christian.

Yes, it will come as a surprise to a lot of you, but Syria is/was about 10% Christian. Under Assad, Christians in Syria actually did better then they did in many other parts of the Middle East. And now, ISIS wants them exterminated. I sincerely doubt a Syrian Christian is going to run around screaming "Allah Ackbar!" while bombing someplace anytime soon.

And I love how the same Bible-thumpers who believe that Christians in America are being persecuted because Paul and Hector up the street got legally married are more often then not the same people who would be up in arms if Syrian Christians were allowed into America. Say what you will about the Sunni Wahhabist-Qutbists in ISIS, Ansar-al-Islam etc, but at least they actually give a damn about Muslims around the world. Most of the fundamentalist Christians in America couldn't care less if their fellow Christians around the world are marked for extermination, just as long as evolution isn't taught in your schools.

And where the hell are the gung-go Christian fundamentalist from the South, a bunch of whom have military training, when Christians needs fighters? Why not stop whining about Obama and get the boys together and head down to Syria and fight you a Crusade? But I digress....

So yes, Christian Syrians should be allowed in.

Second, how about those Muslims who ISIS wants dead? Assad is a member of the Alawite sect of Shia Islam. They are very controversial throughout the Muslim world and many consider them Kafir, including ISIS who are trying to wipe them out. ISIS are big fans of Takfiri and have no problem invoking it against other Sunnis, let alone a Shia sect. And the Alawites tend to be more educated then the Sunnis in Syria and are not known for hurting anybody. The same with the Isma'ilis.

So the Alawites and Isma'ilis can be allowed in.

And what about the Druze? They aren't even Muslim and ISIS will wipe them out. They have no history of being violent and should also be allowed in.

Which leaves out the Sunnis. I admit, we should accept fewer of them then any of the above groups, and give them a lot of scrutiny and question them over and over to see who they are, but a few of them can be allowed in.

But the whole thing about "no Syrians cause dem is ISIS muzzies" is absurd and only shows how ignorant too many of my fellow Americans are. Take this idiot, protesting in front of a mosque because of what happened in Paris...and Ahmadi mosque

Protesters outside Portland mosque met by helpful stranger

The Ahmadis, for those who don't know, are the biggest group of near-pacifist in the Islamic world. They ALWAYS condemn terrorism and violence and are the REAL peaceful Muslim and are persecuted relentlessly throughout the Islamic world and are not even allowed into Mecca by the Saudi Arabian government. ISIS would kill them all without a second thought, as would any other Wahhabist-Qutbist Jihadi group. They are ranked even lower then the Shia.

Ahmadis are awesome people, and the fastest growing group within Islam by conversion, and they are the last group of people you have to worry about.

Protesting an Ahmadi mosque in Oregon because of ISIS makes about as much sense as protesting in front of the Seventh Day Adventist church because of what the Catholic IRA did in Northern Ireland.

And no, I am not a Muslim, and I am a realist when it comes to Islam. Islam is indeed more violent then other Abrahamic religions in its history and the Koran does have more "kill the disbeliever" stuff then in the Bible, but the OT is no prize either. But the craziness is mostly confined to certain Sunni schools, and Islam is such a big religion you can't really throw them all in with some the Wahhabist.

And if the concern is with the amount of refugees, then you have a point. I think our fearless leader Obozzo would be crazy to let 250,000 in, like what happened in Germany. But we can easily allow 40,000 or so. Letting too many in would be dumb, I agree.

And it's even dumber to call all Syrian refugees a threat, when a big chunk of them aren't even Muslim of any kind.
There is absolutely no way to do what you said. They are carrying fake ID's and even if they were real, there is NO database to check on them. NONE. The FBI even came out and said Obama is lying about saying we are vetting them. They said it is impossible to do because there is NOWHERE to look for resources, no database exists in Syria to check them against. So if they can't check their backgrounds and the ID's might be fake, how do they do it?

Old 11-18-2015, 02:22 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
It's true...how do you tell who is the "right kind"? You can't.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:26 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Yup.

Plus, since when was 10% of ANYTHING a "large chunk"?

Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,430,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yup.

Plus, since when was 10% of ANYTHING a "large chunk"?
10% of the gold in Ft. Knox is not a large chunk of gold?

Old 11-18-2015, 02:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
10% of the gold in Ft. Knox is not a large chunk of gold?
We're not talking about gold. We're talking about people, and 10% is a sliver.

And...

I'll just leave this right here:

Refugee resettlement process leaves Syrian Christians in the cold | Fox News

Old 11-18-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post

I just spent the entire OP explaining how to tell who is and who isn't the right kind of refugees. A ten minute Q&A can generally tell you what religion someone is. If I ask a Christian posing as a Buddhist to tell me the Four Noble Truths, the Five Precepts and to tell me the story of the Buddha and the woman who wanted her baby brought back to live, I'll get a blank look and find a liar 99% of the time. Likewise, ask a Sunni posing as a Druze to quote something from the Al-Hikma and they will not be able to tell me.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-19-2015 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies