Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2014, 03:51 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
They turned their backs on a large video monitor showing De Blasio speaking. So what, big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 04:02 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
A clear case of insubordination. Fire the ring leader and discipline every single officer that turned their backs on their Commander-In-Chief. Upset that the Mayor took a different position on the Eric Garner case, police figured they'd get back at the Mayor by turning their backs on him.

Didn't these officers take an Oath to be subordinate and show the proper respect towards senior leadership and their Mayor as Commander-In-Chief?

NYPD cops turn their backs on de Blasio - CNN.com Video
So it's ok to paint a street thug that got what was coming to him as an innocent bible carrying getting my life together kid that was killed in cold blood while walking an old lady across the street but it is not ok to show disapproval of your leadership after said leadership supports the same people that claimed a street thug is a bible thumper?

I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand time. Shear stupidity has taken hold of this country and we deserve much more than what's coming. What in the hell have we been teaching kids for the last 20 years or so?

It's ok to "protest" while burning down the very place you live? Steal from your neighbor because they work hard and you lay around in your azz? WTH is wrong with people?

Old 12-28-2014, 05:32 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
They turned their backs on a large video monitor showing De Blasio speaking. So what, big deal.
Yeah, I spose Mayor D-Bag didn't hear about it.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:48 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
There may or may not be something to the claim of "massive corruption rampant in the NYPD", but most people commenting here live elsewhere and they are speaking to the big picture - not the NYPD.

They understand how quickly our society could and would turn into complete chaos and anarchy with the breakdown of respect for law enforcement. Anger is growing fast and we are pushing closer by the day to that line between cultural war and peace.
Let's accept that what you say is true. Wouldn't that be an argument for police behaving better and working to go after the bad apples in their ranks?

I fail to see how excusing the behavior of bad cops who harass and kill citizens is going to do anything but contribute to the breakdown of respect for law enforcement.

Defending a bunch of corrupt, criminal thugs with badges is not helping the cause.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:49 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
This whole debacle is one huge lesson in privilege.

The same people pissed off about people protesting over their treatment by police in which they can be killed, hurt, humiliated, charged with bogus crimes like blocking pedestrian traffic all on the basis of their race since the vast majority haven't broken the law, are the same people saying police anger at DeBlasio over words is justified, protests over words is justified, protesting at a mans funeral is justified again over words.

But people in New York that lived under the massive racial profiling regime known as stop and frisk in which people were killed, assaulted humiliated and harassed all on the basis of their skin color, those people don't have standing to be angry or protest.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:52 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
This is the world we live where dead black people at the hands of police in the minds of many political pundits don't amount to harsh words coming from the mayor about police tactics.

They aren't justified to protest dead black people at the hands of the police, but oh the those harsh words from the mayor oh the cops have a right to be upset and angry.
This nation can be very disappointing.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
So it's ok to paint a street thug that got what was coming to him as an innocent bible carrying getting my life together kid that was killed in cold blood while walking an old lady across the street but it is not ok to show disapproval of your leadership after said leadership supports the same people that claimed a street thug is a bible thumper?

I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand time. Shear stupidity has taken hold of this country and we deserve much more than what's coming. What in the hell have we been teaching kids for the last 20 years or so?

It's ok to "protest" while burning down the very place you live? Steal from your neighbor because they work hard and you lay around in your azz? WTH is wrong with people?
The person you responded to represents one person.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:32 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,815 times
Hell no they should be applauded

Old 12-28-2014, 10:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
No, they should not be disciplined. It should be known that they are douches, though.
Indeed, protesting at a funeral is the lowest of low. They should be ashamed of their behavior. Though it is funny that right wingers think that protesters protesting at a funeral is horrible and wrong, yet when these police officers protest at a funeral, then it is supported and encouraged. Talk about a double standard.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:25 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
short answer: no. what they did was petty and if Mayor diBlasio sees these officers disciplined he will look as petty as them. at this point, if I were him, I wouldn't even acknowledge their pettiness. i don't think their actions played well. it seems their antics are about disrupting meaningful dialogue. giving the NYPD any more attention regarding their back turning nonsense is a waste of time and will take up too much of the media's short attention span.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies