Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:06 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Is carrying it in a holster apart of the law?
Not at all, but not using a holster is just a sign of a irresponsible firearms owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Its not the law, but when you attend the class to qualify for a carry license, they teach you how to properly and safely carry your firearm. Carrying in your waistband is a dangerous way to carry.
If you carry in your waistband it shows people that you probably are not legally qualified to carry.
Demeanor is everything when other people are trying to figure out if you are a threat.
Why can't people figure this out ?

Old 12-22-2014, 11:07 AM

779 posts, read 632,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not at all, but not using a holster is just a sign of a irresponsible firearms owner.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:26 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Nope, I meant what I said. I don't care how it sounds. Quite trying to throw the race card into this. The topic was about a black man, that is what I talked about. In reality I see anyone with a firearm just "tucked" into his pants and my guard will go up, regardless of race. Due to the fact that ANY responsible firearms owner/carrier would never carry a handgun without a holster.
Cool. If I see anyone with a gun, regardless if it is holstered or not, I'm calling 911 and getting as far away as possible. To me, carrying a gun means you are up to no good. Period. (besides, this is not allowed where I live so that REALLY means you are up to no good). Anyway, we clearly live in very different cultures.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Well, the 2nd Amendment doesn't really apply to Blacks because of white fear. Let a group of black men walk anywhere in America with guns strapped at their waist.

Yea, 2nd Amendment my ass.

well they MIGHT get a welcoming by some white folks who do not have WHITE FEAR
seems like Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson, CNN and a lot of folks here want that war

Old 12-22-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Cool. If I see anyone with a gun, regardless if it is holstered or not, I'm calling 911 and getting as far away as possible. To me, carrying a gun means you are up to no good. Period. (besides, this is not allowed where I live so that REALLY means you are up to no good). Anyway, we clearly live in very different cultures.
Apparently so, be careful though. You call 911 in an area where firearms are legal and there is no legitimate threat and you might be the one to get arrested. Or at least paying the court fee's for someone else for a situation that you created.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
All Americans have the right to carry if they have a carry license that confirms they have passed an FBI background check, passed a proficiency test, attended a class, have been photographed and fingerprinted, and paid for the CCW license.

That's not a right. I have to ask another man, for the privileges.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
well they MIGHT get a welcoming by some white folks who do not have WHITE FEAR
seems like Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson, CNN and a lot of folks here want that war

Yes they sure as hell fudging do. Clear as night and day. Do not expect anyone who drinks Kool-Aid or is sway easily, to get it.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
It would suit the neighborhoods who need the police the most, to not have them show up. Let them all handle their own problems, see how they like it.

Oh wait, we know how they handle their own problems now don't we!

Old 12-22-2014, 06:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post

You would crap your pants, if you really knew how many people you are within 100 yards, on a weekly basis was packing heat.
I know I do not announce it to the world, to freak people like you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies