Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 12:08 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times

Advertisements

Disclaimer: It's all opinion folks, let's not make it into a Left v. Right issue.

While on YouTube tonight watching fairly random videos, I came across a video asking Palestinians (I believe in the West Bank) rather they preferred the One or Two-State solution and to my surprise most seem to want the One-State solution, although with proper understanding of the on-going situation there one will understand why they would prefer the One-State Solution. To continue I thought if a Three-State Solution and once again to my surprise, it does exist but not in the way I was tbining. For those who know about thee three-state solution already of course this part can be ignored, but for those who don't know; essentially the three-state solution proposes for Gaza to be handed over to Egypt, while the West Bank is given to Jordan. How feasible is a three-state solution? Well I'll leave that to the experts.

I know some of you believe that Palestine does or doesn't deserve state-hood, and I've been on the fence about that only because of the situation in Gaza. If I ultimately had the choice of what should be done my proposal would go something along the lines of:

1. West Bank would gain statehood or be considered 'Palestine.' One of the reasons I propose only the West Bank is for the simple fact the PA-Israel have dialogue especially in comparison to their more extreme counter-part in Gaza.

2. Most settlers in the West Bank stay unless they are deeply entrenched in the West Bank in-which they'll be removed in a far better way in comparison to how they were removed in Gaza.

3. Have the Gaza "reconstruction" money from the West transfered to the West Bank for the West Bank is now a state and the infrastructure more than likely won't be war torn in a few years unlike the case in Gaza.

4. Monitor Gaza and the West Bank for the difference in lifestyle, and to see how much better the West Bank is with both statehood and overall peace with Israel and show these results to the international community to get a better understanding of the situation and how it can be addressed within Gaza. Essentially this shows what can be done with Gaza leaving Hamas with two options: relinquish power and allow Gaza to join with the West Bank forming a state or allow themselves to continue being stateless.

5. West Bank WILL NOT be allowed to join any military alliance(s) for Israel will remain their security forces but in exchange an international troop presence may be allowed to deter Israel from striking. In other words: disarmament, with an international force there for your security.

6. For those Israels living in Settlements MAY be subject to a temporary-tax paid to the PA for a maximum of 5-years for living on the land, but in turn those settlements are recognized as Israeli territory. If someone has a better proposal, I look forward to hearing it.

7. I'm still not sure what to do about Jerusalem.

Anyways, those are just a few of my proposals -- I believe for the most part it's supposed to give an ultimatum to the citizens of Gaza pertaining to their future: either you can join the realms of West Bank with statehood and have both the Israeli and International community helping you, or you can continue firing rockets and getting your butt beat every two years. Those living in Gaza should, if they aren't tired yet, be tired of Hamas ruling and those in the West Bank should be as well for Hamas is truly stalling the peace talks with Israel so my proposal allows them to move forward without Gaza in the equation until they get their act together.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:48 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Person A wants to kill and take what Person B has.

What is the "solution"?

What is the "compromise" that settles it?

Old 12-23-2014, 07:45 AM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
And just how do you propose to deal with Palestinian animals that launch rockets into Israeli cities and kidnap and slaughter their citizens? There would need to be an international presence that would soundly and with finality deal with these cases, which I doubt that you would ever see. A "peace agreement" where one side continues to live under the fear of death and slaughter isn't much of an agreement.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Person A wants to kill and take what Person B has.

What is the "solution"?

What is the "compromise" that settles it?
IMO part of the solution would be Person C (the US in this case) realizing only Persons A and B can resolve the situation and keeping Person C's nose out of it.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:52 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Jordan is Eastern Palestine and has a Palestinian majority as its population. So that should become the official Palestine.

Inany case the OP's proposals don't solve the situation with Gaza at all.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:08 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Well lets start off with the paragraph. Israel will not agree to a one state solution due the fact that the Arabs are having children without an end (they can't afford them and the UN is heavily subsidizing their food needs). It will come to a point where the Arabs outnumber the Jews. So that's out. At this moment in time a three state solution is out because currently Egypt has put in a 1km buffer zone with the Gaza Strip and Jordan wants a 9km buffer zone if there were ever to be a Palestinian state in the West Bank (there does exist a plan for that 9km zone to be a Bedouin zone). So for that solution, Hamas and Fatah both need to removed from any political power as neither represent the people the govern.

As to your proposals an actual negotiation between the Israeli gov't and Palestinian Authority would need to occur with no preconditions and have some trade offs. So lets take a look at your proposals.

1) It's possible if a negotiation ever occurs with trade offs. But it will not work if Israel has to give up everything and the PA gives up nothing. The litmus test was already done in 2005 for the Gaza Strip to be independent of Israel and historically we know what happened after the last Jew left the Gaza Strip. So for the West Bank to gain its independence then certain things need to not be permitted to happen again.

2) Jews towns should be allowed to exist if they are already there. We should not have a repeat of the 2005 Gaza Strip nor the 1949 Armistice (all Jews were marched out at gun point from their villages with what they could carry and that was all) yet Arabs in Israel were allowed to stay and are still there today.

3) The Gaza reconstruction pledges have dried up again as in every other pledge campaign. look up any of them and none of them actually paid more than 10%. Pledging may look good on paper, but there is little follow through. If you look at the last pledge campaign, only around 2% has actually shown up.

Only fraction of Gaza pledged aid delivered - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

As shown in the past, don't expect much actual funding to ever show up without actual Palestinian follow through to do what they promised to be done.

4) Monitoring? What do think the Gaza Strip was in 2005?? Sure we can give it another try. But keep mind that rocket attacks are still happening from the Gaza Strip and rock attacks are still happening from the Temple Mount. The international community takes a blind eye to it now, so there is not much hope that that will change in the future. The UN has been found to be untrustable. So who 's next, NATO?

5)West Bank has an armed Police Force. Currently the WB Police use their arms on the areas they have power over but don't do much more than protecting its politicians. The Gaza Strip supposedly has a 16,000 person military yet very few of them were seen during the summer war. And how do you disarm someone who stores them in schools and mosques. Keep in mind that numerous nations do a lot of talking, but none of them are going to put any feet on the ground to act truly as an international force and in my personal opinion the US should not send any troops to do so.

6) Jewish towns in Arab countries should pay the same taxes as any other citizen of that country and should be allowed to exist as Arab towns is Israel exist and pay taxes like everyone else.

7) The city of Jerusalem was tried it under the British and it was a failure, it was tried under Arab control and it was failure. Now its majority under Israeli control and there is pretty much freedom of movement. The Jordanian Police guard the Temple Mount and they are pretty ineffective as they do nothing.

So how can the Palestinian people actually move forward? How about their politicians allow a real election to happen.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:57 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
The best solution would be to relocate the Arabs to Syria and let them fight it out with Isis. They will win and can have their own state, country etc..much bigger than Israel. It's a win-win for everyone.

Old 12-25-2014, 01:12 PM

This is how Palestinian Arabs treated Jews today 60 miles to the north of Jerusalem in the WB:

Quote:
Father and daughter's car attacked by Palestinians in West Bank, leading girl to suffer third degree wounds to over 50% of body...
Officials Demand 'Heavy Hand' Against Attackers - Defense/Security - News - Arutz Sheva
Young girl seriously wounded by firebomb in West Bank terror attack - Israel News, Ynetnews

Now show us ONE story where the Palestinian Police came to the aid or are part of the search to find these criminals who did this crime.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
*checks to see if the idea involves completely killing every last person of either group.

It doesn't...so its not going to be a solution. Seriously these folks have got some serious hate going on. Maybe if we can ever settle other planets.....and I'm not even sure then.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The best solution would be to relocate the Arabs to Syria and let them fight it out with Isis. They will win and can have their own state, country etc..much bigger than Israel. It's a win-win for everyone.
You do know the people of Palestinian lineage from Syria are now sitting in tent cities in northern Jordan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies