Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:35 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Well that was one crappy link. RED font? Really? The presentation is far from professional. I have seen elementary school children presenting information in a more organized way.

Sorry but I don't buy it either. I also suspect you had an agenda. The distorted "story" that you posted was not covered by "insane amount of sources". The fact that you make such claim makes me think you want deceive your readers, because the story as you presented it was not covered by "insane amount of sources" As you and others can see, I didn't just "register" yesterday, so it's not just one or two people who think your link was a fabrication from some stormfront addict trying to stir the pot.
Have you read this entire thread? Nope... Clearly shows as well.
Other posters have commented on the fact that they have seen it on different pages.
Also... A simple good
gle death would solve your wonderous mystery.
Why is it so hard for people to do something for themselves??? Kinda goes with the topic of the thread nicely though.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:39 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
‘Black Lives Matter’ Protests Have Black Students With Failing Grades Demanding A Free Pass

So this is an interesting story I just stumbled upon.
To break it down, students are requesting that their professors not fail a single minority this semester because of the recent protests and headlines.
Hey it's worth a try!

Old 12-24-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Well that was one crappy link. RED font? Really? The presentation is far from professional. I have seen elementary school children presenting information in a more organized way.

Sorry but I don't buy it either. I also suspect you had an agenda. The distorted "story" that you posted was not covered by "insane amount of sources". The fact that you make such claim makes me think you want deceive your readers, because the story as you presented it was not covered by "insane amount of sources" As you and others can see, I didn't just "register" yesterday, so it's not just one or two people who think your link was a fabrication from some stormfront addict trying to stir the pot.
Here:
Oberlin College was right to not suspend failing grades because students were protesting: Readers react | cleveland.com

Here:
Oberlin College students denied request to suspend grades over protests - Chronicle-Telegram

Here:
Students at Oberlin College seek a "pass" on failing grades because they were out protesting - newsnet5.com Cleveland

Here:
Oberlin students denied grading 'reprieve' for protests

Do you call Momma over when you are done taking a number two so she can wipe it for you?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:45 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Have you read this entire thread? Nope... Clearly shows as well.
Other posters have commented on the fact that they have seen it on different pages.
Also... A simple good
gle death would solve your wonderous mystery.
Why is it so hard for people to do something for themselves??? Kinda goes with the topic of the thread nicely though.
I have and so have you. You choose to ignore what many posters have stated. The story was distorted and only conservative sites and racists forums have the story worded it the way you linked it.

You have an agenda and you are doing what politicians do. Repeat the same lies over and over until people will believe you. When people confront you with the truth pretend you didn't hear them and keep repeating the same nonsense just louder and louder. Make outrageous claims such as "my link is supported by insane amount of sources" What a joke, "insane" really? who speaks like that? only politicians, people with credibility and credentials would not use that vocabulary. Of course make sure you try to make your opponents look incompetent by calling them ignorant or uninformed by making statements such as "have you read the entire thread"?

Again you are not fooling many people here. Go to stormfront where everybody agrees with you and merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:06 PM

26 posts, read 27,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Here's the thing, I'm tired of whenever black people are criticized for stupid behavior the textbook response is always, "White People do it too!"

That response is a cop-out, for one, if Black people continue to claim that the "white people" are out to get them, why do they want to continually be covered by white people in terms of wrong-doing by hiding behind the "they do it too" response?

Secondly, stupid is stupid, I don't care WHO else is doing the stupid behavior, if YOU are doing stupid behavior I'm calling YOU out on it. If you bought a house in 2006 that you KNEW you couldn't afford, the Bank doesn't give a rat's ____ that "the guy 5 blocks away bought a house he couldn't afford too " they are going to foreclose on YOU and take the house if you can't make the payment.

My response is in relation to Black people, if I wanted to discuss what "white people do" I would have done that.

What are you talking about "it's a cop out"? Lol "White people ARE actually doing it too!". The "stupid behavior" that you speak of. The links have already been linked in this thread numerous times showing that this story does not involve black students ONLY begging for a hand out but white students and black students together. A cop out would mean that it didn't happen that way. I'll be the one to let you know that Yes, infact it did. The Op wants you to think that it is only black students who have sparked this controversy. That is not the circumstance. All white, black, and maybe a mixture of asian and hispanic college students that attend that college want a grade they didn't earn for the "mental trauma" caused behind the killings of Eric Gardner and Michael Brown. Where is this "cop out" you're claiming?

Sorry, but you are forced to talk about white people. Because we are infact involved in the "free pass" the OP posted about.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:24 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,008 times
Ummm, has anybody here ever been to Oberlin?

I have. It's a no-nonsense, work-hard-and-learn kind of college. If I was going to pull a stunt like this, it would have been about the LAST place I'd have tried it.

(Not just me - my wife is from that part of Ohio. When I read her the lead on the thread, she cracked up.)

Old 12-24-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I have and so have you. You choose to ignore what many posters have stated. The story was distorted and only conservative sites and racists forums have the story worded it the way you linked it.

You have an agenda and you are doing what politicians do. Repeat the same lies over and over until people will believe you. When people confront you with the truth pretend you didn't hear them and keep repeating the same nonsense just louder and louder. Make outrageous claims such as "my link is supported by insane amount of sources" What a joke, "insane" really? who speaks like that? only politicians, people with credibility and credentials would not use that vocabulary. Of course make sure you try to make your opponents look incompetent by calling them ignorant or uninformed by making statements such as "have you read the entire thread"?

Again you are not fooling many people here. Go to stormfront where everybody agrees with you and merry Christmas.
The only part about the original story that is skewed is that they focused on the black students... Which led me to title this thread the way I did.
Now it seems there's a racial mix of idiots looking for a handout.
I did not look at other pages before posting it because like I said earlier (if you are following along), I initially saw it on Facebook and grabbed the story from there. It was my mistake to not check multiple sources... They were the only ones focusing on race.

Not everyone has an agenda dude... Stop playing inspector gadget.

Doesn't change the fact that it is still a very interesting story to see students attempting to capitalize off of something like this.

Sorry for my informal vocabulary by the way by saying "insane amount"... Didn't know that would be a thread wrecker for you. This is city data... Not a master's thesis.

Did you happen to see ALL the additional links I obtained..? Not that hard to do a google search, like I said... But you're one of those types that needs things done for you, obviously.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:02 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Hey it's worth a try!
That's how I see it!

I think any group of college kids could've pulled this for any reason. We all use the resources we have to get ahead right? I think it's very uncool to overplay the race card as many do. But I think if I was failing 20yo, even if I knew I screwed up, i can't say I wouldn't use it to TRY and get a passing grade.

The problem in this case is that the eyes of the nation are upon them....

Old 12-24-2014, 04:08 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
I wonder if those college students who protested the Vietnam war also had special consideration regarding their exams.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:46 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
This is just a very apt sign of immaturity. We coddle and encourage our kids to "be individualistic, to take a stand and to be courageous", what we forgot to mention is that they also need to make something real of their lives, and protesting and "hanging out" won't get them anywhere. These kids only know how to protest, to feel angst and to complain, but they don't know how to take responsibility and do something real. These kids will be living in their parents' basements for a long time to come. Glad I do not have any kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies