Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 05:08 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

go see the movie Unbroken and then come here and talk about torture.......water boarding to get intel from leaders after 9/11 to stop planned attacks on civilians and to save American lives is nothing to what Louis Zamperini endured under the Japanese in WW 2.

Some Americans are really soft and whining. They have to clue how to defend a nation in a war. They want to treat it like a civilian criminal matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 05:11 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
What exactly is torture?

Is it a little water in the nose?

Is torture being made to wear woman's panties on top of your head?

What exactly is it we did that some people claim is torture?
Well we hung Japanese in the aftermath of WWII for waterboarding, but hypocritically now refer to it as enhanced interrogation.

And of course if your son or daughter had such techniques applied to them, you'd have no quarrel...after all war is hell

Old 12-26-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well we hung Japanese in the aftermath of WWII for waterboarding, but hypocritically now refer to it as enhanced interrogation.

And of course if your son or daughter had such techniques applied to them, you'd have no quarrel...after all war is hell

please, we hung Japanese for crimes against humanity since their invasion of China and Southeast Asia. What they did to civilian populations and the torture against our soldiers which was brutal.

Waterboarding is an effective interrogation technique and that's why we train our Navy Seals and Special Forces on it if they ever get capture behind enemy lines.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:

you rather have your son or daughter kill by a drone or get beheaded better?

if my son or daughter choose to fight in a war and gets capture and knows intel about planned attacks on civilians, I wouldn't have a problem if the captors waterboarded my son to get intel to save civilian lives, especially American lives.

But then again, I would never raise my kids to be terrorists that plan terrorist attacks on civilians......and waterboarding would be the least of my concerns if my kids turn terrorists and start plotting against Americans. I would water board my kids myself.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 12-26-2014 at 05:38 PM..

Old 12-26-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you rather have your son or daughter kill by a drone or get beheaded better?

if my son or daughter choose to fight in a war and gets capture and knows intel about planned attacks on civilians, I wouldn't have a problem if the captors waterboarded my son to get intel to save civilian lives, especially American lives.

But then again, I would never raise my kids to be terrorists that plan terrorists attacks on civilians......and waterboarding would be the least of my concerns if my kids turn terrorists and start plotting against Americans. I would water board my kids myself.
Well I wouldn't want my children (young adults) invading someone else's country to forward an agenda of Washington politicians under the guise of protecting freedoms.
You seem to have no problem with invading other countries and then acting all indignant when they fight back.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:44 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
What exactly is torture?

Is it a little water in the nose?

Is torture being made to wear woman's panties on top of your head?

What exactly is it we did that some people claim is torture?
Simulating a sensation of drowning isn't a form of torture? That's reasonable? Merciful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Yes, if one wants to they can read about real torture like so many american pow's suffered at the hands of the north vietnamise or what the japs did to our soldiers like the new movie out.
Oh, they did it so it's fine if we do? That's how you're justifying. You have some seriously backwards role models.

Quote:
please, we hung Japanese for crimes against humanity since their invasion of China and Southeast Asia. What they did to civilian populations and the torture against our soldiers which was brutal.

Waterboarding is an effective interrogation technique and that's why we train our Navy Seals and Special Forces on it if they ever get capture behind enemy lines.
Threatening to tear out someone's teeth also is a pretty good way to get people to talk. So it electrecuting them. Or beating them every time they refuse to answer. There's a reason torture is deemed unconstitutional. It's inhumane, and it needs to be addressed as such, so it's made illegal. Even if it works.

I absolutely love the hypocrisy of the right on this issue though. They love the constitution when it comes to their guns and their church, but that bit about torture being illegal... well, whatever the government says isn't torture is fine. After all, the government is always right, especially when they waterboard Muslims.

But no, it's worse. They lecture us on moral values. Right, so moral. Let's water board people and just say it's not torture. A moral society does that. But gay people being treated as people? NEVER! This is a nation under GOD. That's why we torture people... oh sorry, enhanced interrogate people.

Torture sympathizers disgust me. How arrogant does one have to be to still consider themselves better than their enemies, while inflicting the same torture on them as they do to us. It's disgraceful.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Well I wouldn't want my children (young adults) invading someone else's country to forward an agenda of Washington politicians under the guise of protecting freedoms.
You seem to have no problem with invading other countries and then acting all indignant when they fight back.

so that's what we do? we invade other countries out of thin air for no better reason to forward Washington's agenda? .....yeah that's our goal to conquer the world.

You felt the same way when we invaded Germany, Japan and Korea?.....are those countries under Washington's agenda or those countries are full sovereign democratic nations with human rights and a free market with a solid economy?......do you blame that on the U.S.A also?

nice of you repeating the talking points of our enemy. I guess our enemy would be nice to their people, neighbors and the world if we just disappear from the planet because according to you, the problem is not our enemy, its our nation.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Simulating a sensation of drowning isn't a form of torture? That's reasonable? Merciful?

Oh, they did it so it's fine if we do? That's how you're justifying. You have some seriously backwards role models.

Threatening to tear out someone's teeth also is a pretty good way to get people to talk. So it electrecuting them. Or beating them every time they refuse to answer. There's a reason torture is deemed unconstitutional. It's inhumane, and it needs to be addressed as such, so it's made illegal. Even if it works.

I absolutely love the hypocrisy of the right on this issue though. They love the constitution when it comes to their guns and their church, but that bit about torture being illegal... well, whatever the government says isn't torture is fine. After all, the government is always right, especially when they waterboard Muslims.

But no, it's worse. They lecture us on moral values. Right, so moral. Let's water board people and just say it's not torture. A moral society does that. But gay people being treated as people? NEVER! This is a nation under GOD. That's why we torture people... oh sorry, enhanced interrogate people.

Torture sympathizers disgust me. How arrogant does one have to be to still consider themselves better than their enemies, while inflicting the same torture on them as they do to us. It's disgraceful.

I didn't know we apply our constitution against our enemies in a war especially unlawful combatants. That's how clueless you sound.

Amazing how you view things..............yeah War is disgraceful, but somebody has to fight it and its obviously not you.

did you had a problem dropping 2 A bombs in Japan to end the war and save Americans lives???? does that disgust the morality high horse that you are riding on?

the purpose of war is to DESTROY your enemy or make them quit by force......that is destroying their country, city, bases and their economy. That has been that way since the beginning of time. You want to find morality in that in the safe haven of your home behind the wall, go ahead if it makes you sleep better at night but like Jack Nicholson line in A Few Good Men:

Quote:
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way,
I support my country and the professionals at the CIA and Pentagon and soldiers in the security of our nation. Without them, we wouldn't have the country and the liberties that you enjoy that allows you to come here and complain in how bad our government is. I find disgusting Americans that find a bigger threat our CIA than our enemies that want to blow up and behead every American but we have to live with you and hear your whining.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
so that's what we do? we invade other countries out of thin air for no better reason to forward Washington's agenda? .....yeah that's our goal to conquer the world.
Can you explain why we have 900 bases in 130 countries?
Quote:
You felt the same way when we invaded Germany, Japan and Korea?.....are those countries under Washington's agenda or those countries are full sovereign democratic nations with human rights and a free market with a solid economy?......do you blame that on the U.S.A also?
I wasn't born yet when we fought Germany, japan and Korea, but are you comparing those conflicts to todays?
Quote:
nice of you repeating the talking points of our enemy. I guess our enemy would be nice to their people, neighbors and the world if we just disappear from the planet because according to you, the problem is not our enemy, its our nation.
I don't know the talking points of our enemies (can you even name them),but I'm sure that invading and bombing countries that have not attacked us comes with all manner of ugly consequences.
Your post reads like the talking points of a neocon manifesto and might I suggest you learn the meaning of the term blowback, since even your beloved CIA knows it..

Old 12-26-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Can you explain why we have 900 bases in 130 countries?
I wasn't born yet when we fought Germany, japan and Korea, but are you comparing those conflicts to todays?

I don't know the talking points of our enemies (can you even name them),but I'm sure that invading and bombing countries that have not attacked us comes with all manner of ugly consequences.
Your post reads like the talking points of a neocon manifesto and might I suggest you learn the meaning of the term blowback, even your beloved CIA knows it..

because those countries want us there to have security and stability in the region.......tell me a sovereign nation in the world that we have military bases that their government doesn't want us there and we are invading that country by force against their will? NAME 1.

Name 1 country that we bombed or invaded that we had no right to do? name 1

without the U.S. and our Armed Forces, the world would just blow up......you don't think if we close our bases that Putin will not make a move? you don't think China who has the biggest Army in the world, won't make a move?

you don't think North Korea won't invade South Korea and Japan and make that region unstable?

you don't think Jihadists won't expand?

You don't think Iran won't attack Israel?

the reason the world doesn't blow up in global wars is because of the U.S.A.....TRUST ME..Putin, Iran, North Korea and China would have made their military expansions if it wasn't for the U.S.A and our military but you have a bigger problem with our military than our enemies and potential enemies.

the list is long, we did it your way before and we had WW 1 and WW 2 with isolation, let every tyrant expand and do whatever they wanted and it cost more lives and revenues at the end and we still had to fight it....to prevent a WW 3 we need our Armed Forces around the world or the world will blow up. That's how dangerous the world is.

your answer is lets close every base around the world and screw the consequences. The world doesn't revolves around your little world.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 12-26-2014 at 06:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies