Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 12:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

And that will just solve all of the problems with Muslims right. A fine won't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 12:39 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
If right-wingers keep it up, freedom of speech will die in America.

Just look at how they react to protesters...
Laws regulating "hate speech" are a popular liberal position. Very anti-free speech.

A negative reaction to protesters is not the same thing as restricting free speech. The negative reaction is simply opposing free speech. Should be obvious to you.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Problems do not get solved by brushing them under a damn rug. Or by making the situation something it is not. Gees maybe certain people do not want people talking about the damn truth here.

And they win, when we can no longer talk about a problem that is what they want, "YA THINK"

And things will not get solved, by side stepping the issue, or not addressing the real problem, so make all the excuses some of you can and will.

I respect people who talk truth in the face of tragedy. And those who wish to see the problem for what it is, and guess what it is what it is, and there ain't no changing that.

A barbaric mind, heart and soul, does not give a damn, about if we talk or not talk about an issue, they do not think rationale.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:01 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
If right-wingers keep it up, freedom of speech will die in America.

Just look at how they react to protesters...
Thanks, Orwell. Yes, those who are criticized for speaking too freely will bring about the end of free speech. Got it. You people need serious help.

Europe is essentially being ravaged because of the liberal guilt that it can't seem to shake. Anti-free speech laws are anti-western civilization. Anyone who advocates for them should move to the middle east with the radical Muhammadans, who despise it, because they aren't compatible with the west. Guess what? Free speech means free speech, and it doesn't only apply to the speech that you approve of. That's the core concept.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, there are also admonitions in the Q'ran that say DON'T kill.

And there are scriptures in the Bible that DO say to kill.

Not surprising, since much of the Q'ran is based on the Old Testament.

There are lots of conflicting instructions in both the Bible and the Q'ran.
Wrong.

Christianity is a New Testament religion. There are no legal edicts to kill in the new testament. In the Q'ran, there are legal edicts to maim and kill for small "crimes". Sharia is a legal system with tough penalties. Isis is implementing it in Iraq right now and beheading children. Do you wish to see pictures? How dare you try to draw intelelctually legitimate parallels between Muslim violence and Christians. They simply don't exist.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:09 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Wrong.

Christianity is a New Testament religion. There are no legal edicts to kill in the new testament. In the Q'ran, there are legal edicts to maim and kill for small "crimes". Sharia is a legal system with tough penalties. Isis is implementing it in Iraq right now and beheading children. Do you wish to see pictures? How dare you try to draw intelelctually legitimate parallels between Muslim violence and Christians. They simply don't exist.
Yes. HappyInTexas already informed me that Christians don't believe in the Books of Genesis or Exodus. Really quite shocking!

Old 01-09-2015, 03:15 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I have thought about the conflict between Faith of Islam and the assumption of secular rules and Law in the West. I have concluded these differences are too great to reconcile and in order to preserve our essential freedoms of religion, speech and travel we must destroy Islam as thoroughly as the Romans Destroyed Carthage. This is not for political or economics. It is for survival of Western Culture.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Christianity is a New Testament religion.
Would be very different religion if it were. It has been hijacked by those who choose to lug around Old Testament instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have thought about the conflict between Faith of Islam and the assumption of secular rules and Law in the West. I have concluded these differences are too great to reconcile and in order to preserve our essential freedoms of religion, speech and travel we must destroy Islam as thoroughly as the Romans Destroyed Carthage. This is not for political or economics. It is for survival of Western Culture.
Sounds like a rhetoric ISIS is working with except that they are at the opposite side (the philosophy is the same).

Old 01-09-2015, 03:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
There are over a billion Muslims around the world. How exactly do you plan to destroy Islam?

Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes. HappyInTexas already informed me that Christians don't believe in the Books of Genesis or Exodus. Really quite shocking!
No I didn't but go ahead and morph my post to suit YOUR AGENDA.

here's my post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Modern Christianity is based on the New Testament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies