Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 08:50 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Good point. Divide and conquer. And the sheep keep playing into it.

I despise thugs of all color.

Please show proof where white people don't like black people. Way to generalize there! Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe most of us judge a person based on their character, as opposed to their skin color?
Sadly, many people don't seem to get that concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 09:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I not only have black friends/neighbors/acquaintances -- I have family members. Race Relations HAVE taken giant steps back in the Obama Era - it doesn't impact any of my personal dealings with any of the above. It's difficult to watch all this nonsense and not become cynical about what they are doing. I also find it incredibly sad to see this march backwards. I marched for Civil Rights in the 60's - I wouldn't even open my front door for these idiots.

Look at the total craziness:
War on Brunch
War on Shoppers
War on 100 year old WWII Veterans
War on Traffic
War on Police
War on 'whitey'
Burning, Looting, destruction of Black Business
Protestor leadership caught looting and setting fires.
I think you've been reading this forum too much. All of the aforementioned topics have been discussed and deconstructed ad nauseum by the Reicht-wing crazies on here, but you can rest assured that the majority of people, black, white or other, don't give a flying bleep about any of it. We're too busy trying to make a living and raise our kids.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
Quote:
Well, my friend I can only go by the world I live
in which is today, and in the present. I wasn't around during slavery, and nor
were any of my ancestors
If that were really the case, you wouldn't be here.

Quote:
Jim Crow was also before my time. There is no housing segregation
today
It's not legally allowed, but it definitely remains.

Quote:
The KKK is irrelevant today, nor do they speak for me, or any other white
folks I know. I did a little research on "Southern Strategy" and it is
nothing but propaganda, and partisan hackery to keep the masses divided.
I suggest you do a whole lot more research.

Quote:
Like I said, I live in the present. I have no desire to discriminate, or keep
you or anyone else down. Or do you honestly think us white folks actually get
up in the morning and say "you know what? I just can't wait to keep a black
person down today!" Please.
You don't have to. Racism, discrimination, white advantage and black disadvantage is built into this society.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:30 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,120,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
....so I'm guessing a Cancer awareness advocate should change their message to "all diseases matter."

Nice. Perfect rebuttal.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:41 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,014,760 times
Quote:
Good point. Divide and conquer. And the sheep keep playing into it.

I despise thugs of all color.

Please show proof where white people don't like black people. Way to generalize there! Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe most of us judge a person based on their character, as opposed to their skin color?
Well certainly you can look at where most Whites choose to live. That fact this country is still so racially segregated when it comes to where people choose to live shows that we don't live in some racial harmony. It's easy to say you don't mind black people when you don't have to live anywhere near them.

Most Segregated Cities In America - Business Insider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxCKH7f_ywU

Old 01-06-2015, 09:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,002,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If that were really the case, you wouldn't be here.

Really now? I think I would know where my ancestors came from. I can assure you they were not on this continent when slavery was legal. They came over well after.

It's not legally allowed, but it definitely remains.

Provide proof? Are you not as a citizen of this country free to seek residence where ever you want? Who is holding you back?

I suggest you do a whole lot more research.

Like I said, propaganda.

You don't have to. Racism, discrimination, white advantage and black disadvantage is built into this society.
Please tell me about this white advantage or privilege I keep hearing about. Can you tell me where I can get this so-called privilege? I'm afraid that in 2015 that the only thing holding black people back is black people.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:50 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
Yes, I do.. I don't like racism and I don't like hate between the races.. we are all human beings and color shouldn't keep us apart. I wish the bias would die between the races we see each other without color but judge the character of the person.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:53 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,469,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
There are no "race relations."

White people never liked black people. Now most white people can look past that. The few racists still exist as the vocal minority.

Black people are the same they have always been.
Not really. Black people didn't always have a seven times higher violent crime rate than other races. Black people didn't always have a 70% illegitimate birth rate. Black people didn't always have an unemployment rate triple that of other races. Black people didn't always vote in a monolithic voting bloc rather than thinking as individuals.

Black people, as an overall community, absolutely have changed. Soon after Civil Rights the liberals swooped in with their appeals to victimhood and promises of government handouts and destroyed the black family and work ethic.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:57 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
Default Do you really care about race relations in the US?

No, the truth is I really don't care.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:00 AM

894 posts, read 1,051,711 times
Care? No, because I don't think it's as bad as the media is making it out to be.

When you cry wolf too many times, eventually the public just rolls it's eyes and goes about their day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies