Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:02 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,641,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klara View Post
Cold blooded killers. Just saw video where they executed policeman in the middle of the street in Paris. I am so angry, this is terrorist act and Europe should act appropriately.
Yeah, I watched that too. All I could think of was that if I was in the apartment where the filming was taking place, or any apartment nearby on that street and this was in the U.S, I'd have been able to kill them both very easily. I can't imagine watching that murder go down in real time and being able to do nothing about it. Now the terrorists are on the loose because nobody was able to take them down.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Actually, tons of Islamic leaders have come forward expressing disgust over these criminal acts. Islam really is a religion of peace, the extremists mis-interpret a few parts of it and basically cease to be Muslims in the true sense.

It's like saying Westbero Baptist church is a accurate representation of what it means to be christian.
Well, that's not really a good comparison.

As ridiculous and unsavory as Westboro Baptist Church is, they are not responsible for any terrorist attacks or any deaths.

Meanwhile, here's what I'm pretty sure is an incomplete list of attacks by Islamic extremists - thousands dead. Thousands:

List of Islamic terrorist attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-07-2015, 09:08 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,427,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
every western news organization should republish those cartoons in support.

+1

Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,855,481 times
I am feeling threatened by these Muslim fanatics. Not so much for myself as I live in a mostly Muslim free part of the US but for my friends that extensively travel in Muslim infested areas. To me that is a proper description because I consider the believers in this fantasy to be dangerous pests. This recent attack in Paris certainly justifies the dangerous part.

I hope the French people and their security forces realize they were and are Franks and let the famous fierceness of the Franks determine what they do with the cowardly killers as well as the organization and anyone that helped them. It is time that France seriously considered sending much of their Muslim population back to wherever they or their parents came from. France may need workers (debatable) but they do not need terrorists or religious fanatics. Neither do the rest of Europe or the rest of the Western World.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:26 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,879,641 times
I am sure when they find the ones that actually pulled the trigger in this incident will PROBABLY be younger (Teens to as old as 30). However I would also bet that there was an older Cleric, Imam or whatever you call them that planted the idea in their head.

I see two ways of stopping this and using B-52s and Drones aren't them. First identify the ones behind the scenes that are preaching Jihad and the instant transfer to Paradise and KILL them ASAP. Second Tell the world that any terrorists caught dead or alive will be fed to dogs or hogs and every bullet or bomb we use against them will be covered with Pig's blood.

A good place to start, after he is convicted, would be the Pressure Cooker Bomber in Boston. Bury him alive in Hog Excrement and broadcast it on TV and the Internet with the warning this is what will happen to terrorists.

Gunluvver2

Old 01-07-2015, 09:34 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,390,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Every western news organization should republish those cartoons in support.
+2 . It won't happen, but I wish every European newspaper and magazine would publish these cartoons on their front pages as a response to this.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,613,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What I found interesting while listening to the report on this today is that many French cops "choose" not to carry a firearm.
Given the current terrorist rise, the attacks over the last couple of years (from lone wolf to mass attacks) I don't understand the logic behind a cop going unarmed into the unknown on a daily basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Do French Cops carry guns?

They should after this event. Can't believe cities or countries take guns away from their Police.
Considering the entire country of France sees less than 200 gun-related homicides per year, it's completely irrational for police to need guns for such a rare event.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:43 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,600,013 times
They both appeared to wear bulletproof vests. Armed policeman guarding the magazine headquarters was no match for AK-47s. The calm demeanor in the execution of the attack was reminiscent of the North Hollywood Bank of America shootout.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:44 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,613,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I am sure when they find the ones that actually pulled the trigger in this incident will PROBABLY be younger (Teens to as old as 30). However I would also bet that there was an older Cleric, Imam or whatever you call them that planted the idea in their head.

I see two ways of stopping this and using B-52s and Drones aren't them. First identify the ones behind the scenes that are preaching Jihad and the instant transfer to Paradise and KILL them ASAP. Second Tell the world that any terrorists caught dead or alive will be fed to dogs or hogs and every bullet or bomb we use against them will be covered with Pig's blood.

A good place to start, after he is convicted, would be the Pressure Cooker Bomber in Boston. Bury him alive in Hog Excrement and broadcast it on TV and the Internet with the warning this is what will happen to terrorists.

Gunluvver2
Because terrorists wouldn't use that as propaganda to justify their violence, right?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:44 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,028,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yawn. Intelligent logical people understand that it is the extremists that deserve our disgust & ire. I was angry when I heard about this this morning & guess who I was angry at? The fundamentalist ignorants.
Time and time and time again there are acts of these kinds done in the name of Islam. They may be performed by a minority - but that minority is a considerable one. Also, note the angry masses any time they believe Islam has been slighted, a minority? Sure, but a bloody big one. Many of those wouldn't kill because of it, but that intolerance isn't especially conducive with 'peace'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies