Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 07:24 AM

862 posts, read 519,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Dumped what?? Of all the countries the Nazis took over, 240,000 survived. of which 100,000 went to the mandate. 400,000 were already there before WW2 was ever started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 07:29 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
President Carter is a good man, no doubt. But he is getting quite old and seems not to connect the dots in what happened in Paris.
He is quite lucid and insightful. BTW he did not blame the Paris attacks on Israel. That's just a RW headline -- total lie. Be less gullible, Moth.

Last edited by DCforever; 01-16-2015 at 08:35 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 07:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
He quite lucid and insightful. BTW he did not blame the Paris attacks on Israel. That's just a RW headline -- total lie. Be less gullible, Moth.
It is a RW headline, but it's not a lie.

If I tell you the barking of a furry animal with a tail, commonly called man's best friend, that likes milk bones and chases squirrels prevents me from sleeping, would it be a 'lie' for a headline to say:

'Jazz Blames Dog for Sleeplessness'

Admittedly, not everyone would see the connection, just as not everyone can connect what Carter said to the headline.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

If I tell you the barking of a furry animal with a tail, commonly called man's best friend, that likes milk bones and chases squirrels prevents me from sleeping, would it be a 'lie' for a headline to say:

Admittedly, not everyone would see the connection, just as not everyone can connect what Carter said to the headline.
You specifically said that the dog keeps you from sleeping, while Carter didn't say a word about Israel. You suggest Israel is to blame. It is called projection. Of course in your case you were played into thinking it. Someone manipulated your thoughts, and by the looks of it, it was not very difficult.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:37 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

It is a lie. Carter didn't say it nor can you reasonably infer it as his position from listening to the interview. RWers are incredibly gullible.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:40 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The problem is that he brought it up at all. He stuck something in where it should not have been and created controversy in numerous places including the thread.

He'll probably write another book now.
Was he wrong?

I guess he chould have just replied I can't publicly address your question because others will claim whatever I say as an attack on Israel for event I wouldn't even be referencing.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:53 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
So if all the jews were killed the rest of the world would be in a star trek world circle singing kumbi? Yeh right carter go ahead and blame the jews its the worlds default boogey man.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:53 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Just read that a muslim has taken hostages again in Paris. Guess Israel to blame for this one too.

Isn't John Stewart jewish? Why didn't he stand up for his country? O wait, he is a liberal buffoon.
Because Carter didn't say what some are claiming.

Stewart would have had to conclude hey I know you didn't say it, but I'm going to have to challenge you on your totally valid assertion because of what others are going to claim you just said.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You specifically said that the dog keeps you from sleeping, while Carter didn't say a word about Israel. You suggest Israel is to blame. It is called projection. Of course in your case you were played into thinking it. Someone manipulated your thoughts, and by the looks of it, it was not very difficult.
I never used the word 'dog,' just as Carter never used the word 'Israel.' What you call 'projection' is actually knowledge of Carter's long held view of who is responsible for the 'Palestinian problem.'

Old 01-16-2015, 08:56 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Just read that a muslim has taken hostages again in Paris. Guess Israel to blame for this one too.

Isn't John Stewart jewish? Why didn't he stand up for his country? O wait, he is a liberal buffoon.

John Stewart's country is The United States of America-apparently yours is not.

The US was founded on the basis of freedom of religion- all religions, so I will never understand why our Government and many right-wingers stoop to the barbaric level of the Middle East and entangle themselves in ancient religious feuds that we haven't had to deal with for Centuries before involving ourselves in that hellish and backwards region.

I also don't see how exactly Jimmy Carter "blamed Israel". It seems many on here just have a strong hate for the man.

The US needs to leave the Middle East, never return and try to save our own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies