Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:06 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,838,183 times

Advertisements

I don't give a flip if Obama lets Sharpton decide which flavor of tea he might sip in the afternoon. I don't really care that he could be an advisor. It does bother me that Sharpton is still relevant enough to influence the actions of so many people under the guise of fairness and equality and all that other stuff he screams about. For a man that has so many people who hate him, he certainly has a lot of pull. I just don't understand that. He's a baiter and an opportunist who never apologizes for smearing reputations and causing damage to people's lives, damage which cannot be undone. A perfect example is the Duke case.

What makes him the supposed mouthpiece for black rights in this country? Is the the squeakiest wheel and gets the grease? Does he have damaging info on all these people he has "influenced"? Or do people secretly like the guy even when declaring that he isn't the representative for a race or speaking for a cause? I'd love to be able to wrap my head around this one.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
No, our president is his buddy and that's the part we don't like. It gives this crazy man more power than would otherwise be allowed.
That is a part of every presidency. Their friends and relatives are around--even when not wanted. At least Obama didn't give his buddy Sharpton (if he is, in fact, his buddy) a job. We will never forget Bush pal "doin' a heckuva job Brownie,' a crony totally unqualified for his position.

When Reagan was pres, we had all those idiots considered Hollywood "royalty" around, along with one crazy astrologer assigned to doing seating plans for the state dinners. The president is bound to have associates that people aren't crazy about--hopefully they will not be appointed to anything important--like head of FEMA.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies