Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 04:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think so. Support for gay marriage is declining and I think it is a result of the activist judges forcing the issue.

Currently more people oppose it than support it:

Coming to think of it being opposed to it might not be such a bad idea.
Civil Rights

Seems dear Maggie is wrong.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:15 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,639,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
In what universe are you living in?
He believes huckabee is a shoo in for president in 2016 if that gives you a clue.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Also, the number of people who consider homosexuality sinful is rising fast. Americans have not forgotten Christian values. Or maybe they did forget it while being drowned in propaganda, but with new elections coming, they are remembering again. They are waking up.

I think candidates like Huckabee are going to be successful.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Also, the number of people who consider homosexuality sinful is rising fast. Americans have not forgotten Christian values. Or maybe they did forget it while being drowned in propaganda, but with new elections coming, they are remembering again. They are waking up.

Again you are incorrect.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2456326.html

Quote:
The Nashville-based LifeWay Research organization revealed that just 37 percent of Americans surveyed in November said they believed homosexual behavior was a sin, a seven point drop from the previous year's survey.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:32 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
But, how many of those are voter approved? The issue here is that liberal judges have changed our marriage laws. The people have mostly voted against gay marriage, but liberals changed the laws on their own. Most citizens consider gays/gay rights to be an old tired story that just won't go away. So, go ahead and get married, and then get divorced. Just stop playing the victim... nobody is buying it anymore.
The majority has no right to vote against the minority in this country. The judges are ruling on the Constitutionality of these voter approved bans and finding them unconstitutional. Sorry if you don't like our Constitution.

As for you thinking we are sinful and playing the victim - I can only say that you have a right to your opinion. I ALSO have a right to an opinion. I think you are silly, confused and misguided. Nobody is asking for your acceptance. You can feel and think whatever you want. Just be prepared to face the consequences or people with opposite viewpoints. Also, do not physically hurt anyone. Thanks. If I were religious, I would pray for you.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:23 PM

752 posts, read 567,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
"If the Supreme Court rules in favor of gay marriage, it will provide the GOP with political cover. This is sure to bring relief to the more moderate wing who no longer needs to appeal to the far-right on this issue in primaries."
Doubt it. The far-right will be frothing-mad over such a decision, and Republican presidential candidates will be forced to go on the record again and again. The inescapable problem for the GOP is that much of its base doesn't accept SSM, and you can't win a primary election without catering to the base.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:

You truly do live in your own little delusional world.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-sex-marriage/

61% of young Republicans favor same-sex marriage

And Huckabee isn't going to win. He's too extremist. He also will not have the power to reverse same-sex marriage.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:38 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,497,397 times
Quote:
But, how many of those are voter approved? The issue here is that liberal judges have changed our marriage laws. The people have mostly voted against gay marriage, but liberals changed the laws on their own. Most citizens consider gays/gay rights to be an old tired story that just won't go away. So, go ahead and get married, and then get divorced. Just stop playing the victim... nobody is buying it anymore.
Why should the voters have a vote on any ones rights. The voters did not vote on interracial marriage and if they had at the time in 1967, the majority was against it. The voters do not have the right to vote on any minorities rights, PERIOD. The ones I see acting like victims are the anti gay group, when they are not losing any thing from same sex couples getting married.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
It is never enough is it? The real issue here is that gays want acceptance. They want society to endorse their sinful behavior so that they can keep on living the same way. We don't care if you're gay, just stop rubbing it our face!
Aha, the sin. Why must your idea of SIN be used to hold gays up to? Why are not straigths held up to this ideal and denied marriage for their transgressions? Why single out gays.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
That was certainly the case in Florida when few activist judges forced crammed gay marriage down our throats this month. So long democracy.
And what kind of judge would they be if they sided with discrimination? Why are they activists when they side with equality? Were the judges activists judges that quashed the bans on interracial marriage across the states? Sorry that you do not like the idea of fellow Americans having full equal rights, just because they happen to be gay, but you will get used to it as people did with interracial marriage becoming the law. The sky will not fall, nor will armageddon happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies