Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
You always have a reason for everything. Whether the U.S should be in the Middle East or not, Iran is a sponsor of terror on a individual level and on the geo-political level. Its not all about starting a war or being a threat in your backyard. This is 3rd grade baby talk.

Iran is a danger to the world once it goes nuclear. And no, there has not been a released terror plot in the US by Iran since this one. One that you falsely claimed never happened.
Iran is no threat to us...simply put.

Threat to others? Maybe. But I only care about the safety of THIS country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billparker56 View Post
Good luck. American foreign policy is de facto an extension of Israeli foreign policy. That's the grip that Jews have on US government and use it to enact legislation for Israel.

Of course anyone who immediately mentions this obvious fact is branded a hitler reincarnation.

This is a joke right? Iran is not a threat to the United States in any way shape or form. We may be a threat to them, but they are not a threat to us.

I can't believe the absolute ignorance of so many Americans when it comes to the Israeli STRANGLEHOLD on U.S policy.

It's as if the country has its head in the sand, too busy watching football and American idol and believing these ridiculous lies spouted.
Not gonna say anything about Jews. My beef isn't with them.

My beef is with Israeli hawks attempting to push us into a wartime footing against a country that's no threat to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 07:38 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,096,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So end them all, or are you on favor of income redistribution like a good little marxist?

Ps. We have all the militaristic technology we need to defend our own soil.
You posts is suspect but I will continue. The sheer fact that you pick Israel as the one country to complain about foreign aid than any other country that receives aid. You want to cut foreign aid to Israel? Just remember that the United States would no longer tell Israel what to do or when to do it. You think the United States is ready to lose its foothold in the Middle East? Then what, get sucked into more military action which Israel was to take care of in secret?

You can deflect your intentions by calling me a Marxist, as I can accuse you of being anti-Zionist.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Iran is no threat to us...simply put.

Threat to others? Maybe. But I only care about the safety of THIS country.
You are simply...wrong.

Iran has killed American soldiers and Americans abroad in its history. Iran finances more drama around the world which keeps the United States on its toes at all times. You think Iran is not behind the conflicts in Syria, Palestine, Lebanon?

Quote:
Not gonna say anything about Jews. My beef isn't with them.

My beef is with Israeli hawks attempting to push us into a wartime footing against a country that's no threat to us.
I have heard this complaint from the morally bankrupt left for years. And all we hear from the Israeli "hawks" is more unified sanctions against Iran.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Well, hate to break it to you but the U.S started it. Considering every political platform in the United States has used Israel in one sort of another and has continued to use Israel for its own self interests since the Cold War.
The United States last far more than Israel has in the relationship.

We lost our status as the most popular western nation to the people in the Arab World.

And it's cost us dearly.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:43 PM

45,251 posts, read 26,502,350 times
Quote:
You posts is suspect but I will continue. The sheer fact that you pick Israel as the one country to complain about foreign aid than any other country that receives aid. You want to cut foreign aid to Israel? Just remember that the United States would no longer tell Israel what to do or when to do it. You think the United States is ready to lose its foothold in the Middle East.

You can deflect your intentions by calling me a Marxist, as I can accuse you of being anti-Zionist.
Its because the thread is about Israel and its influence within the american congress that I post about it and not other countries.
For the record,Im not anti-israel, Im pro american taxpayer and I believe no foreign government is deserving of our money.
You on the other hand are all for shoveling our money to them. What does that make you?

Old 01-21-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
The United States last far more than Israel has in the relationship.

We lost our status as the most popular western nation to the people in the Arab World.

And it's cost us dearly.
The United States was never popular in the Arab World. But regardless, The United States successfully deflected Soviet Influence in the Middle East and acquired new means of intelligence, military training and technology through Israel.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
You are simply...wrong.

Iran has killed American soldiers and Americans abroad in its history. Iran finances more drama around the world which keeps the United States on its toes at all times. You think Iran is not behind the conflicts in Syria, Palestine, Lebanon?

I have heard this complaint from the morally bankrupt left for years. And all we hear from the Israeli "hawks" is more unified sanctions against Iran.
Oh yeah?

And what did we do to the Iranians?

Overthrew an elected president, installed a brutal dictator, and trained his secret police in the bargain.

Added to the insult, we assisted the British in looting Iranian oil for peanuts while the Iranian people sat helpless and humiliated.

Look in your own damn mirror. Maybe there's a reason they don't like us.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its because the thread is about Israel and its influence within the american congress that I post about it and not other countries.
For the record,Im not anti-israel, Im pro american taxpayer and I believe no foreign government is deserving of our money.
You on the other hand are all for shoveling our money to them. What does that make you?
If those are your intentions then I suggest you read up on your Federalist Papers #4. While Israel does have a strong support in Congress ( More so really in the 1990's), I understand the complex relationship.

For the record, I would be fine to cut foreign aid for Israel. But the United States would not receive its free gifts and American defense companies would loose allot of business from Israeli purchases. And ofcourse, The United States would have a hard time using Israel for military actions the U.S is afraid to take.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah?

And what did we do to the Iranians?

Overthrew an elected president, installed a brutal dictator, and trained his secret police in the bargain.

Added to the insult, we assisted the British in looting Iranian oil for peanuts while the Iranian people sat helpless and humiliated.

Look in your own damn mirror. Maybe there's a reason they don't like us.
I am well aware of Western Imperalism and has caused great damage in the region. However, you can not apologize for terrorism and pretend it does not exist in Iran.

P.S We didn't train the secret police. The Shah was not overthrown by the Americans.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
I truly have nothing against Israel or Iran (I also have Jewish relatives). I think it is perfectly appropriate that Netanyahu address Congress.

But, this is nothing but a crude political stunt intended to embarrass Obama and win political points with the Jewish voting community here. That is why I object to this absurd move. This president has been treated like crap by the congressional Republicans ever since he was elected when McConnell made the boldly idiotic statement that the goal was to make Obama a one-term president. The congressional GOP cabal set the tone and have continued to push this destructive agenda, ad nauseum. (Seriously--United States Senator Cruz demonstrating in front of the WH with a bunch of confederate flag-waving yahoos? How very unimpressive.)

What Boehner & Co. are doing is strongly communicating to ISIS (along with other detractors) that we are one screwed up non-united nation so have at us, because our congressional reps do not stand by our lawfully-elected leader, and this country is a divided mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies