Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 08:48 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,358,264 times

Advertisements

So many well-trained slaves in this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 08:49 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,975,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
So many well-trained slaves in this thread
Actually, what you have is a lot of people who want slavery, while laboring under the delusion they'll be the masters.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:51 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,640,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Actually, what you have is a lot of people who want slavery, while laboring under the delusion they'll be the masters.
On which side, the corporations runs everything side or the government runs everything side?

Old 01-23-2015, 08:56 AM

13,977 posts, read 5,636,539 times
It truly is a remarkable thing how much tyranny people will not only blindly accpet, but even talk themselves into accepting, so long as they believe the trains are running on time.

No congregation of any religion in this world possesses more zealotry in sum or per capita than that of welfare state collectivist minions of Leviathan. And the funniest part of that fanatical loyalty and devotion is that Leviathan has given you example after example ad nauseum about how bad they suck at things, yet still you people believe. At least with religion, there's no proof one way or the other because nobody's deity actually does anything tangible that we can look at and evaluate, so at least religious faith makes more sense if for no other reason than you have less reason to disbelieve. But Leviathan fails at everything, and every time they do fail, it seems like faith in their ability to succeed increases, in total defiance of common sense.

You fear people who have competition and cannot force your participation with them, but trust people with no competition who can and often do force you to do whatever they want? It's like the battered woman who keeps taking the abusive man back because he tells her nice things. You freaking collectivists just ignore lie after lie because the lies are so sweet, so nice, and make you feel so good.

With that preface out of the way, it is clear that logic cannot trump belief, so why even discuss economics?

Old 01-23-2015, 09:02 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It would still be better than the Democrat cast system of government leaders and drone workers.
I did my best to acknowledge that both sides are problematic.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:06 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Exactly!

Unfortunately, most of the rules and regulations created and amended have been twisted the past 30 years to benefit the wealthy rather than to protect the ignorant of the country. The wealthy connected use rules and regulations to kill their competition rather than to protect the country. One only needs to look who is writing these to see it for what it is.

Imagine if I own a Big Bank on Wall Street or am head of Big Pharma or Big Oil and am allowed to write the rules....

Getting rid of the Regulations we have will only shift the game and the same predators we have will adjust accordingly to continue the game.

The top wealthy elite are always looking for an advantage to gain more wealth.
Why do we need to "imagine" that. It's exactly what happens today. (Again, non-partisan comment, both sides allow/encourage it.)

Old 01-23-2015, 09:07 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,975,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I consider myself a somewhat intelligent person.

I don't understand how your opinions prove my original statement incorrect.
No, I didn't figure that reason was within your grasp.

Think about this. For the very first time in your life, actually think.

There is a reason that I do not spend much money and effort lobbying you and currying your favor.

You have no ability to do anything that benefits me.

If government cannot benefit anyone, there's no reason to lobby it.

Ergo, corruption is solved by removing government's ability to arbitrarily interfere in our lives.

If the only thing government can do is defend MY rights, MY freedom, and everyone else's, then it cannot possibly be lobbied to diminish one person or group of people for the benefit of another.

Your complete incomprehension of what a civil society is does not make me ignorant or wrong. It just makes you lacking understanding.

When you wake up and discover that there's actually wisdom - LOTS OF IT - of which you are completely unaware, because you have deliberately closed your mind to everything but your own tiny, microscopic view, you can then begin to actually think, and actually make reasoned choices and establish reasonable beliefs.

Your thinking is centered around one, and only one, narrow and myopic view, that all challenges must be "solved" by the suitable application of force to control people by a centralized political power. Everything you argue, about EVERYTHING, is based on the premise that no deviation from that idea is possible. You believe everyone around you thinks precisely as you do, and is simply plotting for a different regime, where YOUR allies are not the ones in power. This horribly deformed and constricted view of things can only be explained by a lack of intellectual curiosity and effort.

That is only the tiniest and most incredibly narrow minded view of the universe and humanity.

It is the world view of recorded history, until some people dared express dissent - many of which were executed or tortured or suppressed. But truth is like roots in bedrock - the progress may be slow, but it is irresistible. Small plants will fracture stone.

The founders understood it.

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
They found no need of "citing" some authority for what they believed. It is SELF EVIDENT that all have certain unalienable rights - life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Once you finally open your eyes, it becomes self evident. No need to cite "authorities". Besides, we're all equal. There are no "authorities" to cite. And you have no authority to use your politicians to command my labor, my life, diminish my rights or liberties, except as you seize power by force and oppress others.

Your tiny, microscopic thoughts, about how men must be controlled by the whims of corrupt other men, to have civilization... Is so irrational, so stupid, and so petty and myopic, it hurts to see so many people blindly blather on about it.

Wake up.

Grow up.

Learn something, for once in your life.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
It truly is a remarkable thing how much tyranny people will not only blindly accpet, but even talk themselves into accepting, so long as they believe the trains are running on time.

No congregation of any religion in this world possesses more zealotry in sum or per capita than that of welfare state collectivist minions of Leviathan. And the funniest part of that fanatical loyalty and devotion is that Leviathan has given you example after example ad nauseum about how bad they suck at things, yet still you people believe. At least with religion, there's no proof one way or the other because nobody's deity actually does anything tangible that we can look at and evaluate, so at least religious faith makes more sense if for no other reason than you have less reason to disbelieve. But Leviathan fails at everything, and every time they do fail, it seems like faith in their ability to succeed increases, in total defiance of common sense.

You fear people who have competition and cannot force your participation with them, but trust people with no competition who can and often do force you to do whatever they want? It's like the battered woman who keeps taking the abusive man back because he tells her nice things. You freaking collectivists just ignore lie after lie because the lies are so sweet, so nice, and make you feel so good.

With that preface out of the way, it is clear that logic cannot trump belief, so why even discuss economics?
Agreed on everything, but the bolded statement is the funniest part.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
They think they are the master because they get to choose their master.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:16 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,815,213 times
What would a 100 percent free market America be like?

Tiajuana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies