Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 07:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No, it's not a personal attack, and wasn't meant to be one. However, it was an admonishment to please take the time and actually read links that you provide as supporting evidence.

Supporting evidence to what?
What you really owe?

You did exactly as intended, on seeing what you really owe. The making it personal for some odd reason, was not intended. I said nothing. It was a cut and paste to a link. It wasn't a link to any article I composed.
What did I do to make it personal? You did refer to me 3 times in your post.

Some agenda of yours, is keeping you from seeing that we both saw the same thing and came to the same conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Let them die. Life management services may be required. Also rudely described as death panels.

Death panels exist today in Medicare. Take care of your elderly parents and find that out the hard way, when everyone is telling you they don't exist. You will blow a gasket fast, that you have been bold faced lied to your face.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:02 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Since dollar bills (Title 12 USC Sec. 411) are debt, and thus part of the national debt (18+ T), it is patently impossible to "owe" 128 trillion dollars (actually "dollar bills" - no dollars have circulated since 1933).
Congress would have to borrow the additional 110 trillion dollar bills in order for them to exist.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:34 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Supporting evidence to what?
What you really owe?
It's not whether I owe something, or you owe something, or the federal government owes something. It's whether the figure that you posted had any basis in reality. Yes, the federal government has debts and obligations, but I don't believe that it exists at the order of magnitude which you are claiming - and you have yet to convince me otherwise.

Quote:
You did exactly as intended, on seeing what you really owe. The making it personal for some odd reason, was not intended. I said nothing. It was a cut and paste to a link. It wasn't a link to any article I composed.
Please clarify then...if the link wasn't to any article that you composed, then why include a link? Furthermore, why include a link to an article that you didn't even read?

Quote:
What did I do to make it personal? You did refer to me 3 times in your post.
I didn't say that you made it personal. You said that I made it personal, as in personally attacking you. I would disagree that I attacked you personally. I pointed out that your own link contradicted your premise - that's attacking an idea, not a person.

If you feel that this was a personal attack upon you, then I invite you to report this thread to the moderators.

Quote:
Some agenda of yours, is keeping you from seeing that we both saw the same thing and came to the same conclusion.
Apparently, BentBow, you believe that you know my mind better than I do.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:38 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Life management services may be required. Also rudely described as death panels.
I love it.

Orwell near and dear....

Mircea

Old 01-25-2015, 09:47 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Exclamation what really need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

So what do you propose we do with seniors who need healthcare. We are living longer and we have doctors taking advantage
Once again no one looks at the hundreds of thousands of Dept. and Agencies we actually have and I am not speaking to the top 5 budget items either. We can eliminate and combine many Agencies. That way in the modern age people call DC a Boom Town.

Since the economy is improving ,supposedly, those on public assistance , should be reviewed and see if they really need the good help of the tax payers.

That where we can make meaningful cuts to take care of Senior, and Vets who have paid all of their lives into the Hope and Dream of America,

Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
128 Trillion in unfunded liabilities! Yes, 128 TRILLION, with a T.

Does the United States have $128 trillion in unfunded liabilities? - The Washington Post

“We have $128 trillion worth of unfunded liabilities and the total net worth of our country is $94 trillion and we have another $17 trillion worth of debt.”

$126 trillion in unfunded liabilities for three programs — Social Security, Medicare and the Medicare prescription drug program. The biggest share of the total — more than $87 trillion — belongs to the Medicare program.
You should read your own links.

The article analyzes the claim, and verdict is in the end of the article:

Three Pinocchios

Old 01-25-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
It's not whether I owe something, or you owe something, or the federal government owes something. It's whether the figure that you posted had any basis in reality. Yes, the federal government has debts and obligations, but I don't believe that it exists at the order of magnitude which you are claiming - and you have yet to convince me otherwise.

Please clarify then...if the link wasn't to any article that you composed, then why include a link? Furthermore, why include a link to an article that you didn't even read?

I didn't say that you made it personal. You said that I made it personal, as in personally attacking you. I would disagree that I attacked you personally. I pointed out that your own link contradicted your premise - that's attacking an idea, not a person.

If you feel that this was a personal attack upon you, then I invite you to report this thread to the moderators.

Apparently, BentBow, you believe that you know my mind better than I do.
Who said you attacked me? I just said you made it personal.
Did I pee in your Wheaties, or something? We agree, and you go all personal like some vendetta that you cannot agree with?

Old 01-25-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You should read your own links.

The article analyzes the claim, and verdict is in the end of the article:

Three Pinocchios

I did. That is why I posted it. You get to come to your own conclusion. Not just from some number thrown out there by a D.C. flunky.
So, I gather from the article, you figured out how much you really owe.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Who said you attacked me? I just said you made it personal.
Did I pee in your Wheaties, or something? We agree, and you go all personal like some vendetta that you cannot agree with?
No, we don't agree. Most definitely we don't agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies