Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 08:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

It's a serious problem for the reasons Robert Johnson alludes to. I have made similar points on this board the inability of Blacks to compete in the 21st century economy will exact a tremendous cost on the country and will exasperate divisions.

Quote:
“This country would never tolerate white unemployment at 14 and 15 percent. No one would ever stay in office at 14 or 15 percent unemployment in this nation, but we’ve had that double unemployment for over 50 years,” Johnson said while speaking at the National Press Club about the gap between whites and blacks in America.
Well Blacks voted for Obama to the tune of 95%+ so must not be a big deal to them.

BET Founder:
Quote:
Johnson said the challenge was to figure out why the unemployment rate for blacks has been so high, “and if that doesn’t change, somebody’s going to have to pay— 34 million African-Americans are not going to leave this country, millions of African-Americans who don’t have jobs.”

“Somebody’s going to have to pay for them. Somebody’s going to have to take care of them, and if somebody’s going to have to take care of them, that money’s got to come from somebody. And whoever’s paying for it is going to be upset about it, and they’re going to start looking for somebody to blame,” Johnson said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's a serious problem for the reasons Robert Johnson alludes to. I have made similar points on this board the inability of Blacks to compete in the 21st century economy will exact a tremendous cost on the country and will exasperate divisions.

Well Blacks voted for Obama to the tune of 95%+ so must not be a big deal to them.

BET Founder:
And he's right and no Obama isn't the blame, Obama doesn't look over every companies hiring praticies, blaming Obama is beyond stupid to be honest.

It's still easy to deny someone opportunity based on race, I work at a fortune 500 company and the only reason I got hired is because I'm friends with the HR manager.

It happens quite often, living in Miami alot of people bring in their friends and family.

And yes blacks have a very negative image and I'm sure that's half the reason. Black women are SOARING educationally compared to before.

Half is discrimination which is still rampant, other half maybe lack of ambition.

Nice try but if you're black living in America, denying racism is beyond stupid... Not even the biggest internet troll can convince me otherwise.

Last edited by stick2dascript; 03-30-2013 at 09:22 AM..

Old 03-30-2013, 08:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
And that's because whites aren't a one-party kind of voter.

Massive immigration, especially illegal immigration is one great way to bring down wages and with welfare paying better than low-wage jobs, a large number of Americans are perfectly happy never to work for a living.

Just like the second post proves, no one cares what becomes of the large number of unemployed inner city types. They're of no importance to anyone. Certainly not to Obama who is more concerned with promising his beloved cheap labor illegals everything they demand.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And that's because whites aren't a one-party kind of voter.

Massive immigration, especially illegal immigration is one great way to bring down wages and with welfare paying better than low-wage jobs, a large number of Americans are perfectly happy never to work for a living.

Just like the second post proves, no one cares what becomes of the large number of unemployed inner city types. They're of no importance to anyone. Certainly not to Obama who is more concerned with promising his beloved cheap labor illegals everything they demand.
Bush junior loved illegals...
Bush senior loved illegals...

Hell Reagan loved illegals lol

Illegal Immigration is a mute point, if you're against that make your own party.

As I stated before, most companies know who they're gonna hired before they even post a ad for a opneing, this company still runs off the good ole boy's club, trust me.

If I was white I would fear illegal immigration, once they get IN, they bring everyone IN and you know this.

BET founder is correct, we all know this.... we also know we weren't even supposed to become citizens of the USA...

It's somethings you guys just need to accept. Half your whining and a republican can enter office tomorrow and it's business as usual, not much will change.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:

BET Founder:
in the very Quote you typed(copy/pasted) he says unemployment in the African American community has been above 10% for the majority of the last 50 years. You are attacking Obama for something that has persisted for Almost 50 years. It dipped to 8% under Clinton.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

BET Founder:
That's why I don't understand why so many blacks are complacent or accepting of the huge illegal immigration problem we have in this country. If they weren't here black unemployment would be much lower. Yet it is Obama and the Democrats that are pushing for amnesty for them and blacks typically vote Democrat. Why woud they vote against their own interests?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's why I don't understand why so many blacks are complacent or accepting of the huge illegal immigration problem we have in this country. If they weren't here black unemployment would be much lower. Yet it is Obama and the Democrats that are pushing for amnesty for them and blacks typically vote Democrat. Why woud they vote against their own interests?
lol

Nope, those jobs black did (blue collar) wouldn't pay anything compared to today's cost of living, the majority of those jobs wouldn't even pay $10.00 a hour today.

I guess you guys are either very dunce, have no knowledge of slavery or are here to just try to bring a smile to your face to the inevitable change that's gonna take place.

Diversity and Education being the "new" way to communicate while the walls of "race" are being broken down.

please remember we were'nt allowed to even read books till the late 1800's....

Last edited by stick2dascript; 03-30-2013 at 08:57 AM..

Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Well you certainly never hear of illegals having any trouble finding jobs. Maybe Obama is right and these are the lazy Americans who really don't want to work for a living and so we need to have millions of foreigners moving in who will work.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Bush junior loved illegals...
Bush senior loved illegals...

Hell Reagan loved illegals lol

Illegal Immigration is a mute point, if you're against that make your own party.

As I stated before, most companies know who they're gonna hired before they even post a ad for a opneing, this company still runs off the good ole boy's club, trust me.

If I was white I would fear illegal immigration, once they get IN, they bring everyone IN and you know this.

BET founder is correct, we all know this.... we also know we weren't even supposed to become citizens of the USA...

It's somethings you guys just need to accept. Half your whining and a republican can enter office tomorrow and it's business as usual, not much will change.
However, today we have 23 million Americans unemployed many of them black Americans. Not so during the prior administrations. Obama wants to legalize at least 4 times the number that Reagan did and even Reagan lived to regret his decision.

Good ole boys? I guess you aren't aware that many Hispanic and Asian business owners are among the most guilty of hiring illegal immigrants? Do you see the Democrats pushing for e-verify to stop this illegal hiring practice? With big corporations it is the personnnel dept. that does the hiring not the owners and illegals use some pretty good fake or stolen documents to fool them. There were some cases where the personnel person that hired them were Hispanics themselves. Hmm. If you think there aren't any Democrat business owners that hire them either then you are in deep denial.

Whites should just accept illegal immigration? Should black and other Americans just accept the unnatural and unlawful takeover of their country by illegal immigrants mostly from south of our border also? Oh, sorry I guess that would be whining? What does party affiliation have to do with it? Shouldn't we all as loyal Americans object to this?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Both President Bush and john McCain where for immigration Reform. Mitt Romney is the only presidential candidate in 16 years against it.

That being said, African Americans are not voting against their own self interest. We would be voting against our own self interest if we voted for a candidate that said he would cut retraining programs, or one that wanted to end the Department of Education, One that wanted to defund public education and voucherize it there for leaving behind those who could not afford transportation to other school districts; it would be voting against our self interest if we voted for a candidate who didnt realize African Americans disproportionally rely on public transportation and that candidate wanting to defund and dismantle those systems. It would be voting for someone who didnt realize African Americans have unique problems and that it does take a specific approach to fix them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies