Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times

Advertisements

I know that I am not all that smart and many others are more enlightened mentally than I am. Still I did not know that you could change your DNA just by changing your look. Maybe I am missing something. Well I am not missing what Bruce is missing. My point is just because you cut something off and glue something on, how does that change your DNA?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:31 PM

613 posts, read 463,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I know that I am not all that smart and many others are more enlightened mentally than I am. Still I did not know that you could change your DNA just by changing your look. Maybe I am missing something. Well I am not missing what Bruce is missing. My point is just because you cut something off and glue something on, how does that change your DNA?
Obviously it doesn't, but if a transgender person wants to live their life as a certain gender, what is SO hard about giving that person that respect? Is it hurting you?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:39 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Obviously it doesn't, but if a transgender person wants to live their life as a certain gender, what is SO hard about giving that person that respect? Is it hurting you?

Surely, you jest.

We all know now that gays didn't really "just want to love who they love." Same with the "transgender" community. It's asserted as normal, and everyone else will be expected to accommodate yet another special class of people with more rights and remedies than the rest of us.

Wake up, sheeple.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:41 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Surely, you jest.

We all know now that gays didn't really "just want to love who they love." Same with the "transgender" community. It's asserted as normal, and everyone else will be expected to accommodate yet another special class of people with more rights and remedies than the rest of us.

Wake up, sheeple.
It does get silly. At the end of the day it is still just a 6'2" 195 lb. man wearing a dress.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Surely, you jest.

Wake up, sheeple.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic??? How in the WORLD does the LGBT community's fight for equality even remotely challenges the rights of everyone else?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:59 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
This new term " cisgendered" I have only read about the last few months. Not sure who came up with it but I will Not call myself that weird term, probably conceived by the trans community to make straight people feel weird or confused about themselves or something. I understand trans people are going through a lot but do not try to degrade straight people with weird new names to make yourselves feel better. They are not just trying to change the way straight people view them they are trying to change the way straight people view themselves.

New slang terms of these kinds are flashy fads and do not interest me. And as for Bruce Kaitlyn whatever his name is I personally think most celebrities get way too much money and publicity that they do not deserve and people like the Kardashians especially. This is just a media publicity circus because it sells. Before this we sat through the trials and tribulations of Britney Spears, then it was Paris Hilton now it is the Kardashians it's a media circus until people get bored with it .Cant he/she see that? And the ones encouraging applauding him/ her are mostly hollywood types?

The only thing seriously that makes me angry about all of this is the idea of a cross dressing man entering the ladies room or ladies changing room because it endangers my and my daughter's safety . I really do not like it . Other than that they can be do and say whatever they want. And I will accept them completely and wish them well.
I don't think I've ever heard of a transvestite or transgender person assaulting a woman or child in a ladies room. I've heard of lots of straight guys doing it though. The despicable strohmeyer comes to mind, as well as the many pervs with cams.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:49 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,716 times
My only comment on the Bruce Jenner stuff --- People shouldn't be referring to his past accomplishments as "her" accomplishments. He wasn't a "she" until 2015. Moving forward, the "she" pronoun is acceptable. Caitlyn Jenner didn't hold the world record in Decathlon. Bruce did.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:20 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
You can remodel all you want but you can not change the fact of who you are. People are not buildings. Even in the building community that is not entirely possible to change a building for another building. We have a clinic in the area that was built on an old bank location. The guts of that building have parts of the old bank. The reinforced concrete for what was the old vault is still in place. It may look like a medical clinic on the outside but the inside it is still an old bank.

Now I have said nothing of what others do as hurting me. This entire situation is not even on my radar other than people are so interested in how someone can do that or they are in support of it. Not something I care about either way. My interest is strictly with the scientific makeup of the human body. DNA does not change. Men and women have different chromosomes. You can't change that with a knife and some plastic anymore than you can turn a 1965 VW beetle into a sports car by changing the body. The VW will still just be a VW. It may look different but internally it is the same. Not to say that you could not have fun with the new VW. I have seen some amazing cars that have been changed into something more amazing than what it originally was. Still the DNA does not lie.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
You can remodel all you want but you can not change the fact of who you are. People are not buildings. Even in the building community that is not entirely possible to change a building for another building. We have a clinic in the area that was built on an old bank location. The guts of that building have parts of the old bank. The reinforced concrete for what was the old vault is still in place. It may look like a medical clinic on the outside but the inside it is still an old bank.

Now I have said nothing of what others do as hurting me. This entire situation is not even on my radar other than people are so interested in how someone can do that or they are in support of it. Not something I care about either way. My interest is strictly with the scientific makeup of the human body. DNA does not change. Men and women have different chromosomes. You can't change that with a knife and some plastic anymore than you can turn a 1965 VW beetle into a sports car by changing the body. The VW will still just be a VW. It may look different but internally it is the same. Not to say that you could not have fun with the new VW. I have seen some amazing cars that have been changed into something more amazing than what it originally was. Still the DNA does not lie.
All I'm saying is if Cat wants to live as a female, let her. lol I'm of the opinion that gender is psychological. I see nothing wrong with a person wanting their outsides to match their insides. Sure, Cat's DNA may say one thing but for all intensive purposes, she is a woman.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:50 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
All I'm saying is if Cat wants to live as a female, let her. lol I'm of the opinion that gender is psychological. I see nothing wrong with a person wanting their outsides to match their insides. Sure, Cat's DNA may say one thing but for all intensive purposes, she is a woman.
He is Bruce Jenner dressed as a woman. I get that he wants to be a woman and nobody is stopping him from dressing in drag and putting on makeup. Honestly I feel sorry for his kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies