Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 06:02 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times

Advertisements

well, i'm just glad potus decided to weigh in

i mean this is a very important matter

only second to gcwc threatening national security

Old 06-01-2015, 06:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
She looks amazing and even someone in my office stated "wow she looks better then me", well with a make over like that with their money anything is possible and just like the most of us she will not get up and look like this but I'm glad Bruce is happy and looks like this and not like Mrs Doubtfire.

You see that conservatives can be from all different backgrounds, religions, races, genders.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
They are GROWN. Jenner deserves the chance to be happy.

The kids screw up their own lives without any help from Jenner or anyone else.
Do you have kids? First of all, the girls are not "GROWN". Sorry, they're not.

Kids LOVE their parents; they never stop. Yes, I believe he is being selfish. He left one family and had little to do with his sons when they needed him. They probably STILL need a father.

One can be happy without leaving a path of destruction in their wake. Make no mistake, that's exactly what he has done. IF he truly knew he had all these many issues, perhaps birth control should have been considered.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:04 PM

625 posts, read 624,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I think this is where I land. I understand that there is internal confusion and frustration, but I believe your gender doesn't change, especially not simply because you want it to.
Ya'll are all mixed up. Gender is who you go to sleep AS. Jenner identifies as a woman, has for a long time. Jenner has said he felt he was female ever since he could remember and is now able to live his life authentically, as a female. Because we don't understand it doesn't change the legitimacy of the issue for Jenner and other similar people.

Gender identity

The term "gender identity," distinct from the term "sexual orientation," refers to a person's innate, deeply felt psychological identification as a man, woman or some other gender, which may or may not correspond to the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g., the sex listed on their birth certificate).

Old 06-01-2015, 06:04 PM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,000 times
Looks pretty darned good. Will be interesting to see normal day to day pictures. Many pictures of Bruce/Caitlyn look like he is perpetually in a grouchy mood, lol. The Vanity Fair cover is very flattering though.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:09 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am 61, old-fashioned, and going out on a limb here, but I think this whole thing is really disgusting.

Before I continue, I have nothing against TRUE transgenders, transsexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, or anyone living a sex life different from the norm. However, I just doubt very much that Caitlyn-formerly-known-as-Bruce was/is truly transgender because if s/he felt s/he were really and truly female (on the "inside at least) from at least adolescence, how could s/he have fathered six natural children (unless they were adopted or a result of IVF or some other scientific procedure, which I did not see noted in the Wikipedia bio)? Unless I am mistaken, this means that he had to have have been aroused by his wives to the point of having more than one erection during the course of his adult life.

If someone truly is born with some kind of gender "mistake", I am sincerely sorry, and I have pity for that person. But I just don't see how that could have been the case with Bruce/Caitlyn. I just think is just one seriously messed up dude/dudette and that s/he was very selfish to put his/her kids and wife through his/her transformation and all the accompanying publicity.

If anyone wants to educate me, fine. I readily admit that I am VERY far from an expert on this topic.
You are confusing sexuality and gender identity. VERY different and separate issues.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:13 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Hi, Im Kendall. This is my mom Kris, and this is my other mom Caitlyn.

Im sure he made some money now though, and he's definately in the public spotlight again.

The neck doesnt look right. Its almost like the head was photoshoped on the body

If the family is happy and he is happy, that's all that matters.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Ya'll are all mixed up. Gender is who you go to sleep AS. Jenner identifies as a woman, has for a long time. Jenner has said he felt he was female ever since he could remember and is now able to live his life authentically, as a female. Because we don't understand it doesn't change the legitimacy of the issue for Jenner and other similar people.

Gender identity

The term "gender identity," distinct from the term "sexual orientation," refers to a person's innate, deeply felt psychological identification as a man, woman or some other gender, which may or may not correspond to the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g., the sex listed on their birth certificate).
You are confusing gender identity with gender.
Gender identity is what you call yourself.
Gender is what your chromosomes say you are.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:15 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
So, from the link (thanks, btw) --

"What does it mean when we talk about sexuality in these terms? Normally, when we talk about sexuality we are talking about people's biological sexes. A gay person is in a "same-sex relationship." Someone who is heterosexual is often defined as someone who is attracted to the "opposite" sex. (The discussion of the word "opposite" to come another day). However, we are simultaneously talking about people's gender because we typically conflate these categories.

What would it mean for a transgender person to be straight? Well, in my mind it would mean that the person identifies as one gender (as a man, for example) and is attracted to a different gender (women)."

So, because Jenner identifies as a woman and is attracted to women, that means that he is actually homosexual?

Sorry, but I still think that is SERIOUSLY messed up!

Old 06-01-2015, 06:15 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,314 times
What an insult to women that HE is being referred to as a "she" or "woman." I don't care if he has facial reconstruction, he is still a man. Nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies