Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:43 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
the city of LA's population between 2013-14 grew by a measly 55,000 citizens
But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
California, NY, MA and others are attracting bums and criminals.
Well, which is it? Is California attracting hordes of bums and criminals, or not?

And if California is only attracting bums and criminals, why is San Francisco the most expensive city in the US right now? They must be some really rich bums and criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,010 times
Pregnant illegals who get into California get free medical care, food stamps and WIC for all of their children. Their children get free education and free dental care. Many have four or five children, (even though they can't afford even one). The prisons are filled with illegals. They cost the state billions of dollars.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:15 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
I worked with a guy whose mother moved from Georgia to Boston, MA in the 1950's for the welfare bennies.

It has worked before.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:32 PM

943 posts, read 782,737 times
Blue states in general are richer, so I don't understand this idea that blue staters are bums and lazy and are all on welfare. This is projection.

Old 05-23-2015, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
But:

Well, which is it? Is California attracting hordes of bums and criminals, or not?

And if California is only attracting bums and criminals, why is San Francisco the most expensive city in the US right now? They must be some really rich bums and criminals.
Section 8 pays about two-thirds of the rent. Also, once people are on Section 8 and get an apartment, they have more relatives... such as cousins, aunts, and uncles, move in.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:16 PM

934 posts, read 595,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Hmm. "Make the poor" move to other states against their will. Say, are you poor? Should you be 'made' to move?

Anyway, welcome to CD. You shall fit right in with the resident 'conservatives'.
Like forcefully put people on trains and relocate them

Germans tried that, how did it work out for them???

Old 05-23-2015, 04:48 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
I was looking for a listing of California benefits--I know we pay more, but I wanted to find proof--and came across a study of welfare and immigrants.

It said that in general, 22% of (non-immigrant) Americans are using at least one welfare program. However, among immigrants, both legal and illegal, an average of 57% use at least one welfare program. When they looked at immigrants that had been here at least 15 years, it was still 56%--they conjectured that many of the immigrants came here with little or no education so had no hope getting good jobs and stayed on welfare. So much for "just coming here to work." Among just the illegal immigrants (that had a child born in the U.S. after arrival) the welfare rate was 71%.

California's governor is welcoming the illegals with open arms and is planning to use our wallets to support them. Apparently forever.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:34 PM

231 posts, read 171,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
Blue states in general are richer, so I don't understand this idea that blue staters are bums and lazy and are all on welfare. This is projection.
Obviously a lot of it is rural vs urban.

With the death of domestic manufacturing, I'd say that the main purpose of many large cities is to serve as hubs for the money business. Their relationship with the hinterland is basically that of a colonial power.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:37 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I was looking for a listing of California benefits--I know we pay more, but I wanted to find proof--and came across a study of welfare and immigrants.

It said that in general, 22% of (non-immigrant) Americans are using at least one welfare program. However, among immigrants, both legal and illegal, an average of 57% use at least one welfare program. When they looked at immigrants that had been here at least 15 years, it was still 56%--they conjectured that many of the immigrants came here with little or no education so had no hope getting good jobs and stayed on welfare. So much for "just coming here to work." Among just the illegal immigrants (that had a child born in the U.S. after arrival) the welfare rate was 71%.

California's governor is welcoming the illegals with open arms and is planning to use our wallets to support them. Apparently forever.

Want some more CA facts? This is from 2012 but you get the point:

Is California the welfare capital? | UTSanDiego.com

Old 05-23-2015, 05:38 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
California doesn't really give you sh*t. Any assistance you can get there doesn't come CLOSE to making your ends meet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies