Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where do you stand on vaccinations?
Vaccines are unsafe, cause autism and I do not take them at all. 5 5.05%
The Government has the right to force any vaccine on people that they see fit. 29 29.29%
Most vaccines are safe and people should take them, but the Government shouldn't be allowed to force them on people. 65 65.66%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:54 PM

794 posts, read 819,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Nope. The schools hold the cards, and a couple of states have a no exemptions policy (except for medical contraindications), so refusing admission to the unvaccinated has a legal basis.
Actually, we the people hold the cards as "public" school means just that - public. As in funded by the public. Public schools don't dictate to us, regardless if that is how it appears to you.

While some areas have medical only exemption laws, the vast majority allow for exemptions other than medical. The poll in this thread and the prevailing standard across most of the US doesn't lie. The extremists who believe that the government owns our bodies are in the minority, propaganda to the contrary trying to undo this fact be damned.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:08 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Nope. The schools hold the cards, and a couple of states have a no exemptions policy (except for medical contraindications), so refusing admission to the unvaccinated has a legal basis.
Thankfully the exemptions still exist in most states. I don't agree with the states that have taken it to extremes like West Virginia and Mississippi. If you don't live in one of those states then you have to accept the fact that your child may be exposed to someone who is not fully vaccinated, or you can always move or homeschool.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
A: Vaccines are unsafe, cause autism and I do not take them at all.

B: The Government has the right to force any vaccine on people if they see fit.

C: Most vaccines are safe and people should take them, but the Government shouldn't be allowed to force them on people.
There is no such thing as compulsory vaccination. The entire premise of this thread is entirely wrong, and OP is very misinformed.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Actually, we the people hold the cards as "public" school means just that - public. As in funded by the public. Public schools don't dictate to us, regardless if that is how it appears to you.

While some areas have medical only exemption laws, the vast majority allow for exemptions other than medical. The poll in this thread and the prevailing standard across most of the US doesn't lie. The extremists who believe that the government owns our bodies are in the minority, propaganda to the contrary trying to undo this fact be damned.
Well, it would appear from the tone of the discussion about vaccinations here at C-D and elsewhere in the media, you are severely outnumbered. Most of the public wants your kid vaccinated if he's going to attend public school, and, as I stated earlier, there is a long-standing legal precedent.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Thankfully the exemptions still exist in most states. I don't agree with the states that have taken it to extremes like West Virginia and Mississippi. If you don't live in one of those states then you have to accept the fact that your child may be exposed to someone who is not fully vaccinated, or you can always move or homeschool.
Or I can join the parent organization from my school district that visits the Capitol on a regular basis and lobby for changing the exemption allowances. I think it's the right time for it.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Or I can join the parent organization from my school district that visits the Capitol on a regular basis and lobby for changing the exemption allowances. I think it's the right time for it.
Yes, you could and I will be lobbying against it. See you there.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Yes, you could and I will be lobbying against it. See you there.
See you at the Capitol, then. Prepare for a fight. I'm done arguing on C-D. Time to move this to setting where something can actually be done. It's long past the time for Colorado to end this nonsense, and if I have anything to say about it, we will. I hope to see FA there, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies