Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:59 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times

Advertisements

No. they should not allow these to be televised. ever. They should not allow them on the internet, the internet services should pull them the minute they show up.
If these psychos don't get the publicity it would hurt their cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 08:02 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
  1. You watched them more than once. You purposely sought every video. Your words are telling.
  2. You say cutting off someones head was a simple beheading.
  3. You have watched them time and time again.
  4. You describe the taking of another life in such a savage manner as boring.
You say the victim who was burned alive was guilty. Now you seek to show others.

Who are you recruiting for?
Good points, I know I sure could find something much better to do with my time.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:07 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Point View Post
I noticed that Fox News now has the video of the Jordan Military Pilot being burned alive in a cage. I looked at it and I thought it was interesting and shocking at the same time. I found the other ISIS videos online which were not quite as slick and they were kind of boring with a simple beheading. Now that I have seen these videos I don't have to see any others.

Would you make an effort to see these videos? Please reply to my poll.

Here is the lasted one where the man is set on fire:

WARNING, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEO: ISIS burns hostage alive| Latest News Videos | Fox News
No, not a chance....Why would anyone want to?

Old 02-05-2015, 08:09 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
No!

Old 02-05-2015, 08:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
No; why would I do what they want?

Old 02-05-2015, 08:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
It should be required viewing so that EVERY American can understand exactly who we are fighting against. Sorry if it disturbs you and interrupts your American Idol performance, but since almost none of you are ever going to go down range and do anything about it, the least you can do is take a minute to witness the horror that our military is facing on a daily basis.
Nah. I'll leave that to the professionals.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:37 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
About 30 years ago I took a class in Judaism that included the events of the holocaust of course.
There was a film we watched that had an unusual history because it was documentary of sorts filmed by the Nazis to show the world how they rid of world of Jews and other "misfits". The film was confiscated by the French so it was dubbed in French with English subtitles. After seeing it, I cried myself to sleep for a week.

The point is, seeing that film made me understand there was unspeakable evil that man can do. It was not only the horror of watching the film footage and pictures, but the grief I felt that human beings, my fellow species, could be so cruel. Since then I haven't been able to watch Holocaust films... even knowing I "should" see Schindler's list, if only for the artistic skill etc. I couldn't bring myself to do so.

This isn't about the Holocaust of course, but just explaining my personal reason why I would not voluntarily "watch" a beheading video or other horrific video. I keep up with the news, I have heard some descriptions, but I don't need to "see it to believe it" because I absolutely believe it!

Old 02-05-2015, 08:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
No. they should not allow these to be televised. ever. They should not allow them on the internet, the internet services should pull them the minute they show up.
If these psychos don't get the publicity it would hurt their cause.
Youtube and FB yanked them.

Fox put it out there.

Reportedly terrorist organizations are tweeting the Fox link to the world.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:14 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
NO, I am doing my best to stop watching disgusting videos......that video falls into this category.

I have many years of reality-based videos, many of them nightmarish, burnt into my brain.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:31 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Don't worry, ISIS, Fox News apparently has your back and will broadcast your propaganda video to millions of people. You know, so we "know what we're dealing with." As if being told in text "the pilot was burned alive in a cage" is not enough.

With all of that said, I do understand that Fox is acting in a journalistic capacity and it is not necessarily their place to censor the news because the viewers would be offended. They did give a warning before showing the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies