Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 11:52 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
^^It's good to hear that many more of y'all are like that than I originally thought.
Theres alot more of us than the media wants you to realize there are. I am jewish and conservative! I can care less who anyone loves as long as they believe in less goverment intrusion in our lives. I would think gays would be for less intrusion too. Dont buy that all conservatives and all tea party people are bible thumping conservatives. They are a much smaller portion of the right than it is perceived. Its a big way the dems devide and conquer.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:23 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
To all the conservatives who've been posting here so far, thank you for your support and kind words. I hope I didn't offend anyone. And yes, I think some of my beliefs have come from the "liberal media", although I have known some Republicans who had some pretty negative views. But it seems, the more I look, the more I find positive minded conservatives who actually have values and aren't so judgy and hypocritical.
Not all conservatives are republicans and not all republicans are conservatives. Reread your post above and you will see you already know the difference, you just didnt realize you knew it.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:51 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Do you realize how completely absurd it is to say that as a Jew there's too much hatred for you to want to be a Republican? The hatred towards Jews is coming from the left, not the right.

Women do have equal pay and the rich already pay most of the taxes.

You should really look into learning the facts about things instead of just accepting liberal rhetoric.

You should look into what policies each party advocates and then pick the party that best supports policies you agree with.

You should not be choosing a party based on what the opposing party says about them or based on nebulous things like there being "too much hatred." When you vote for a party you are voting for environmental policies, taxation, education, gun control, abortion, immigration, foreign relations, deficit spending levels, labor union policies, domestic energy production, etc. Given this, basing your vote on there being "too much hatred" verges on the irresponsible. If you are going to cast a vote in the political process which will affect the lives of everyone in the country, you have a responsibility to make it an educated choice. If you would like lower taxes but vote for a Democrat who ends up raising everyone's taxes because you want women to have equal pay when 30 seconds of research on Google would have shown you that women already have equal pay then you have done a grave disservice to yourself and to everyone around you.

See the following link:
On Pay Gap, Millennial Women Near Parity

That clearly shows the effects of listening to liberal politicians who are more interested in exploiting a wedge issue for votes than they are in reality. The majority of millennial women believe changes are needed to make things equal and believe that women are making less than men for doing the same job. Yet, when polled about their own jobs, just as wide a majority say that the playing field is level. That's the influence of listening to propaganda. What they see in their own lives tells them things are equal, yet they believe that things aren't equal. Why? Because that's what they're told to believe.
I've already acknowledged I was mistaken to a number of things I heard from the liberal media. But it is true that there are many on the far-right who don't like Jews, yet support Israel because they hate Muslims more.

Even so, I don't think this is how most conservatives feel. As for liberals, I truly think that an extremely large number, maybe even majority, don't care for Jews.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Then go join the Republican Party. (Shrug)

I'm a Democrat, and this definitely applies to me.
Quote:
For the millionth time, I don't persuade people to come over to my way of thinking. I'm disinterested in doing any such thing.

I'm happy to let people think and believe anything they want to believe. Doesn't affect my life even one bit.

I said 2016 is Democrats to lose? When did I say that?

I don't care all that much if they win or lose. Again, politics isn't that important to me. Life goes on.

I know that's hard for you to believe, but some of us ain't all that obsessed with politics.

Yes, incredibly hard to believe.

So much so.... I don't

Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
For the millionth time, I don't persuade people to come over to my way of thinking. I'm disinterested in doing any such thing.

I'm happy to let people think and believe anything they want to believe. Doesn't affect my life even one bit.

I said 2016 is Democrats to lose? When did I say that?

I don't care all that much if they win or lose. Again, politics isn't that important to me. Life goes on.

I know that's hard for you to believe, but some of us ain't all that obsessed with politics.

I'm happy to let people think and believe anything they want to believe...Really? Who are you kidding. You are constantly on here attacking people who don't agree with you.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:13 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
I'm not saying I'd be a Republican. As a gay man, a person of color and a Jew ( I know many hardcore far-right evangelicals hate us), right now there's too much hatred for me to truly want to be a Republican. I also think women should have equal pay, the right to choose, and that everyone should pay their fair share. However, I find myself having more in common with the Republicans than the Democrats. So many people in the left are just too PC to acknowledge problems we have in the world. Islamic terrorism being one of them. The far-left spreads lies about Israel, defending Hezbollah and Hamas (both of whom are terrorist groups who want to see the West destroyed), for no other reason than anti-Semitism and trying to appease Muslims. They also refuse to call ISIS and other terrorist groups "Islamic", because they're too afraid of offending people. Furthermore, there's a real lack of unity or God from that party. I'm not saying you have to be a hardcore Bible-thumper, but I think a real problem with our society today is that we "worship things instead of worshipping God". (And I don't have a problem with atheism, btw). I just feel like the Democratic Party used to be a beautiful thing and has become incredibly hypocritical, disappointing, and weak.

I guess I'd consider myself a Centrist or a moderate Republican.
And yet a majority of Democrats would gladly vote for the candidate who said that we must empathize with our enemies.

Hillary Clinton Says We Should Empathize With Our Enemies

Old 02-06-2015, 01:14 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
Desertdetroiter, I'm curious as to why you're on this thread and forum, but claim that people (like yourself) shouldn't be so concerned with politics?

Old 02-06-2015, 01:32 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
OP don't forget the "yes means yes" law in California and the false accusations made in Duke and UVA. Speaking of which, I'm trying to figure out the idea behind the "yes means yes" law. California isn't even a right-wing state but the law just sounds conservative than liberal.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:36 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The Democrats ARE the center party.
I think this concept is lost on many posters.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The Democrats ARE the center party.
Of the extreme radical left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies