Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 06:23 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times

Advertisements

If Welfare disappeared tomorrow for everyone who isn't disabled what would happen?

Pelosi's face would shatter like a mountain side of pyrotechnics on the Fourth of July
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
If Welfare disappeared tomorrow for everyone who isn't disabled what would happen?

Pelosi's face would shatter like a mountain side of pyrotechnics on the Fourth of July
She's got enough money to take a good amount of them. And she can keep her holier than thou attitude.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:11 PM

105 posts, read 169,605 times
There would be less illegitimate children since women would not have Uncle Sam providing them money to raise them. That would be a dream come true but it will never happen as there are too many entitled people in this country.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:59 AM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
What makes you think that?

By the way, did you know disability is based on what you put into SSI during the time you worked? You have to qualify for SSDI by actually working.
Here's the problem with this and why practically all, if not all, government programs will run out of money.
  • They take more than they pay in
  • There are not enough actual tax payers to make up the difference

Remember a majority of tax payers are not tax payers. They get all their taxes back and some much more under EIC. illegals could get 32K back for never working or paying in a dime.

Medicare, Social Security, OsamaCare they are noting more than ponzie schemes.

Here's what we should be doing. If you get handouts you work. I admired Clinton for this same program. He didn't want to do it but he worked with congress.

States To Test Ways To Send Food Stamp Recipients To Work

We have a moral obligation to support those who can't support themselves because of severe mental or physical disabilities. However, the kid with his pants hanging down around his ass, playing basketball all day. The mother sitting on the couch watching tv and complaining about the stats of the nation, the guy who trades his food stamps for cash and heads to the liquor store? Nope. These folks need to forced to get out and work. The working class should not be forced to work hard to provide for their family and a family of lazy people. And don't give me the "not many people bleed the system" speech. There are plenty of people on the entitlement teet that can work. Take away their benefits and you'll see how fast they work or end in prison where they belong.

Last edited by Crossfire600; 03-21-2015 at 12:08 PM..

Old 03-21-2015, 12:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Miller View Post
That's cute. I'm only 23 and with a net worth of 51k. I am already above the median net worth of every person in the country. Hell I haven't even graduated college yet. My method?

Here's what I did:

1. Live at home -> living on your own in an apartment is a waste of money
2. Make enough to invest 90%+ of your income like I do but not enough to lose financial aid.
3. Go to a LOCAL STATE COLLEGE. You'll save a fortune.
4. Tell everyone you're poor like a starving African orphan and tell everyone you can't afford things like dinner, movie tickets, or clothing. Don't try this with your significant other though.

PS: I say the last one while wearing golden rings and a golden watch. It feels great to say.
I did #2 and #3. I was actually #4 because I went to college and did #1 at the same time. Congratulations on smart thinking and taking action. It is worth setting aside today's wants for tomorrow.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:38 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Miller View Post
I bet the rate of HS completion would notch up to 100%.
The economy would implode. But with enough economic stimulus to push to full employment then it would be OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies