Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
What do those countries look like?

That's somewhere you would like to live?

You want to live in gated compounds with armed security?

Is there absolutely NO value to you living in a well ordered society? Or would you do like many of the "rich" in these "no safety net" countries... and send your kids to schools and vacation in Europe, and shop and import goods from the United States.... all places that DO have a nice standard of living BECAUSE of social safety nets?
Actually no armed security around. They have poor, middle class and rich just like the U.S.

So basically what you are saying is welfare recipients demand that government steal from working people for their welfare or they'll steal it themselves. That's using the government as your gun to steal from others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 08:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually no armed security around. They have poor, middle class and rich just like the U.S.

So basically what you are saying is welfare recipients demand that government steal from working people for their welfare or they'll steal it themselves. That's using the government as your gun.

What are you using as your example of a "no social net paradise" where there is actually a good standard of living and safety?

Because I've travelled enough to know the opposite... the rich and well-to-do in poor-safety-net countries have armed security, have to live in compounds and are under threat of kidnappings, extortion, etc. They send their kids abroad for education and opportunity as well.

A visit to even a place you wouldn't necessarily think... like Lima, Peru, you will find gun toting guards outside of the larger homes, bared wire fences around stately in-town homes, etc.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I just visited a country where they don't have welfare.
Which one?

Old 02-09-2015, 09:08 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Just read all the OP's posts and have determined he is not worthy of my attention so off to the ignore list with him.

TY OP for the heads up.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:09 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Ten million illegals would disappear soon after.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:21 AM

1,006 posts, read 1,513,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For all the unemployed people in this country its not so easy for many to just go out and get a job,its not like turning a light switch on or off.Glad things went well for you Glenn but not every one has the safety net or opportunities you had.
A.K.A my goverment sold me down a river and now I have no way to take care of myself and provide my own way financially.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:26 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Miller View Post
That's cute. I'm only 23 and with a net worth of 51k. I am already above the median net worth of every person in the country. Hell I haven't even graduated college yet. My method?
Here's what I did:
1. Live at home -> living on your own in an apartment is a waste of money
2. Make enough to invest 90%+ of your income like I do but not enough to lose financial aid.
3. Go to a LOCAL STATE COLLEGE. You'll save a fortune.
4. Tell everyone you're poor like a starving African orphan and tell everyone you can't afford things like dinner, movie tickets, or clothing. Don't try this with your significant other though.

PS: I say the last one while wearing golden rings and a golden watch. It feels great to say.

Since you are investing 90% of your income and living off of Mom and Dad still why haven't you told financial aid about all of your investment income?
What you are doing is not impressive at all since you can afford to pay for everything that financial aid is paying for.
You should tell financial aid about all of your investment income and see how much longer you have financial aid.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
That's cute. I'm only 23 and with a net worth of 51k. I am already above the median net worth of every person in the country. Hell I haven't even graduated college yet. My method?
Here's what I did:
2. Make enough to invest 90%+ of your income like I do but not enough to lose financial aid.
4. Tell everyone you're poor like a starving African orphan and tell everyone you can't afford things like dinner, movie tickets, or clothing. Don't try this with your significant other though.

PS: I say the last one while wearing golden rings and a golden watch. It feels great to say.

Wait, what?

You are receiving "financial aid" and you're sitting on a high horse and judging others?

Your financial aid better be in the form of nothing but endowment scholarships and private student loans, because if you're getting pell grants, subsidized or unsubsidized federal student loans, you are a TAKER from the system right now.

Also, having assets of 50k on hand would likely preclude need-based student aid if you actually reported it properly.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Here's what I did:

Sucking off other people and lying to friends and acquaintences are admirable traits now?

Last edited by Fox Terrier; 02-09-2015 at 11:15 AM..

Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Ten million illegals would disappear soon after.
I agree. Those Americans on welfare would have to go back to the minimum wage that they refuse to do so there would be no work for illegals.

Don't blame the illegals most of them are not afraid of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies