Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama the last great president?
Yes, he is the last great president 8 20.51%
No, there will be other great presidents 31 79.49%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:01 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Well, great is subjective. And often changes with time. We look back to Abraham Lincoln as being one of the greatest, but at the time, there were enough people who didn't like him to actually justify creating a separate country.

Personally, I don't see Obama going down as much. He won't be viewed as the worst, as many Republicans and conservatives would like to believe, but I can't see him being viewed as anything but average. But that can change. What the next president does can very well change how we'll view him a decade from now. It really depends. As of right now, no person claiming to know for sure how he will be remembering is being intellectually honest and I urge you to be highly skeptical of people who seem to think they know.
"Personally, I don't see Obama going down as much. He won't be viewed as the worst, as many Republicans and conservatives would like to believe, but I can't see him being viewed as anything but average."

"I would go for that" Maybe something like Carter. I think a lot will depend on who is in next to compare him against. He will be responsible for the largest dept we have ever seen. With that being said, it the next President is truly Fiscally responsible he would look comparatively worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 12:04 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
I had to look... 6 idiots actually answered the poll.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
And to add to such a wonderful question, can we also contemplate "Will Obama be the greatest Nobel Peace Prize winner or will a future winner upstage him?"

Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,038 times
It takes around 40-50 years after a President is out of office to truly determine how history will view them. Events have yet to unfold. Time tends to be kind to former Presidents for the most part.

As President, Obama will always be part of our nation's history. How he is viewed is a chapter yet to be written.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:28 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
It takes around 40-50 years after a President is out of office to truly determine how history will view them. Events have yet to unfold. Time tends to be kind to former Presidents for the most part.

As President, Obama will always be part of our nation's history. How he is viewed is a chapter yet to be written.
I'm so glad I'm young enough that I will probably see the more or less final verdict on W Bush. I fully expect him to be judged as one of the worst if not the worst ever. Obama will probably be judged as so-so -- not really up to the task of reversing the horrible course Bush charted.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:31 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Please don't forget to vote on the poll! The data collected will be used in a class presentation on the subject of great presidents of our time. Thank you!

Currently 80% of respondents believe Obama will not be our last great president.
Great, you'll get an F on the presentation since you apparently have no idea how to create an actual poll.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:34 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times
Wait for it.... Obama is a great president?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:34 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I hope this is for a middle school project. This poll is too Bush league for high school. Since it's for a class though, I will go ahead and vote.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:36 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
It's going to take a lot to get this country going in the right direction and I just don't see any future candidates stepping up to the plate at this point. Do you think Obama will go down as our last great president, or will there be another in the next century? Lets hear your thoughts.

I do not know about great, as far as I can see, obama has just been another wilson, just another 2bitwannabebananarepublic dictator.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Please don't forget to vote on the poll! The data collected will be used in a class presentation on the subject of great presidents of our time. Thank you!

Currently 80% of respondents believe Obama will not be our last great president.
And I bet you wonder why people don't trust polls.. How many positive responses have you had in this thread from posters? Those who don't respond positively are not included in your numbers. Of coarse not. I bet you wonder why you are considered a Troll too....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies